No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292387
08/01/18 11:44 PM
08/01/18 11:44 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
From what I saw the guy pushes the shooter pretty hard and the shooter falls backward onto the pavement. Then the person who did the pushing backs up....was not advancing on the man on the ground.

Big size and age disparity...benefits the pusher.

Older man on the pavement in a very bad position to defend himself if the younger/larger man advances on him.

Woman also gets out of the vehicle as this was happening.

Seems to me the pusher had no intention of doing more...but I can understand the man on the ground feeling threatened/at a disadvantage...he sure does not get up fast at all...almost like he could not get up easily.

I guess if the guy did not push him he would not have been shot?

I guess if the shooter did not decide to verbally enforce the parking laws he would not have been pushed to the ground?

Toss up....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292390
08/01/18 11:48 PM
08/01/18 11:48 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Physically assault the right person and you end up dead just like in the video.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292393
08/01/18 11:51 PM
08/01/18 11:51 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
There might of been some history between these two or indirectly to others that they knew about that caused each to react the way they did.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Yes sir] #6292396
08/01/18 11:52 PM
08/01/18 11:52 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
Several have stated the victim that was shot was defending the person or the persons in the car or said the shooter was assaulting the people in the car. I didn't see the shooter assualt anyone in the car therefore the man that got shot couldn't have been justifiably defending anyone when he assualt the the guy that ended up doing the shooting. Do I agree with the shooting? Absolutely not. To guys acted stupidly out of anger and one guy died because of it. When you use physical violence upon another person most times they other person is going to get mad. Both guys acted irresponsible here. Under law was the shooting legal? I don't know the laws under which it happened so I can't say. Again I completely don't agree with the shooting based off the video information.

Under Florida law, the shooter could have been charged with assault. The state of Florida's definition of assault differs from yours. Florida's definition is what matters in this case.

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/violent-crimes/simple-assault/

Keith

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: K52] #6292397
08/01/18 11:53 PM
08/01/18 11:53 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: K52
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Physically assault the right person and you end up dead just like in the video.
X2 and most times it's NOT justified, so keep that in mind before you assualt someone.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: KeithC] #6292399
08/01/18 11:56 PM
08/01/18 11:56 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: KeithC
Several have stated the victim that was shot was defending the person or the persons in the car or said the shooter was assaulting the people in the car. I didn't see the shooter assualt anyone in the car therefore the man that got shot couldn't have been justifiably defending anyone when he assualt the the guy that ended up doing the shooting. Do I agree with the shooting? Absolutely not. To guys acted stupidly out of anger and one guy died because of it. When you use physical violence upon another person most times they other person is going to get mad. Both guys acted irresponsible here. Under law was the shooting legal? I don't know the laws under which it happened so I can't say. Again I completely don't agree with the shooting based off the video information.

Under Florida law, the shooter could have been charged with assault. The state of Florida's definition of assault differs from yours. Florida's definition is what matters in this case.

Keith
how do you know he intentionally made a threat to her to create fear? Maybe he did but you can't see that in the video.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292401
08/01/18 11:58 PM
08/01/18 11:58 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
This is weird one and I guess it's because both of these people acted like idiots. This never had to happen. The guy could have either minded his own beeswax with the lady in the spot of called the police. Then the guy coming out of the store over reacted and was overly aggressive which made the shooter over react by pulling the trigger. Like I said before, I think he had a right to draw but when the victim backed off, that should have ended it. Personally, just by watching the video, I think the guy that was pushed lost his cool and pulled the trigger.

Last edited by Finster; 08/02/18 12:00 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292407
08/02/18 12:02 AM
08/02/18 12:02 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I agree that he probably shot the guy out of anger

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: ~ADC~] #6292409
08/02/18 12:06 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: ~ADC~

I don't know your wife or kid, but I know mine,,, and I KNOW neither of them would do anything to instigate such an attack. Maybe you are more level headed than me.

Of course you don't know what he was saying and in what tone of voice. What if he was shouting profanity, racial slurs, threats, when you can out of the store???
Still not really a reason to start a physical confrontation. Words are just words and can be deescalated by simply leaving. When you get physical, you take it to the next level and it's not going to turn out well for you in most cases.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292411
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Finster
This is weird one and I guess it's because both of these people acted like idiots. This never had to happen. The guy could have either minded his own beeswax with the lady in the spot of called the police. Then the guy coming out of the store over reacted and was overly aggressive which made the shooter over react by pulling the trigger. Like I said before, I think he had a right to draw but when the victim backed off, that should have ended it. Personally, just by watching the video, I think the guy that was pushed lost his cool and pulled the trigger.

Based on the video only, I agree and I don't see how anyone could see it differently, but obviously they do.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292415
08/02/18 12:09 AM
08/02/18 12:09 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted By: ~ADC~

I don't know your wife or kid, but I know mine,,, and I KNOW neither of them would do anything to instigate such an attack. Maybe you are more level headed than me.

Of course you don't know what he was saying and in what tone of voice. What if he was shouting profanity, racial slurs, threats, when you can out of the store???
Still not really a reason to start a physical confrontation. Words are just words and can be deescalated by simply leaving. When you get physical, you take it to the next level and it's not going to turn out well for you in most cases.

Agreed.... But it would be hard to not shove someone away from family that was treating them in the way it "appears" this guy was.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292419
08/02/18 12:18 AM
08/02/18 12:18 AM
Alaska
H
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
Hupurest  Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
H

Alaska
Well, the entire shooting could have been avoided from the get go and even a few times after that. I think the shooter takes the blame for the entire incident even happening. If he was that worried about someone parked in a handicap spot, he should have called or flagged down a cop. When you are armed, you want to avoid confrontation not initiate it. I don't like to blame the shooter but from what is seen here, wrong is wrong.

Agree.
This holier than thou, nosey pos should have minded his own business. He should have taken getting his old, fat arse on the ground as a lesson to mind his own business.
He was harassing the lady in the car with her kid, for no reason.
Then he got pushed down as he should have.

But since he’s stupid, old and has low self esteem and confidence he has to shoot someone???

He should be in jail and paying bubba with .........

In no way was this guys life in danger nor was deadly force warranted.

Had the boyfriend started beating him like Rodney king, fire away.

Starting trouble and writing a check your arse can’t cash isn’t justifiable.

Originally Posted By: Malukchuk
I'll take wolves over idiots any day.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Yes sir] #6292421
08/02/18 12:21 AM
08/02/18 12:21 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted By: KeithC

Keith
how do you know he intentionally made a threat to her to create fear? Maybe he did but you can't see that in the video.

There is is enough evidence in the video to charge him. It's possible that a jury may disagree with the charge. Charging someone with a crime is different then convicting them.

Keith

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292422
08/02/18 12:23 AM
08/02/18 12:23 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Huperest
Unless you were there or heard audio of this incident you are making an assumption that he was harassing the lady.

Last edited by Yes sir; 08/02/18 12:24 AM.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292423
08/02/18 12:30 AM
08/02/18 12:30 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Keith
I disagree. According to the link you posted someone must intentionally make a verbal or physical action with the intent to create fear to be a simple assualt. I don't think pointing a finger and bobbing your head meets those grounds and that's all I could get from the video.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Yes sir] #6292424
08/02/18 12:36 AM
08/02/18 12:36 AM
Alaska
H
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
Hupurest  Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
H

Alaska
Huperest
Unless you were there or heard audio of this incident you are making an assumption that he was harassing the lady.

So what do you think he was doing?? Inviting her to church? Maybe commenting on how nice she looked or asking for directions?

Yes, I assume based on his actions, motions and posture he was yelling at, confronting or otherwise harassing whoever was in the car, you assumed it was a lady, even though we aren’t sure. 🙄.

Originally Posted By: Malukchuk
I'll take wolves over idiots any day.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292427
08/02/18 01:04 AM
08/02/18 01:04 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Just don't park in a disabled parking spot unless you have the right.
Lawbreaker right there.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Yes sir] #6292436
08/02/18 02:08 AM
08/02/18 02:08 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Keith
I disagree. According to the link you posted someone must intentionally make a verbal or physical action with the intent to create fear to be a simple assualt. I don't think pointing a finger and bobbing your head meets those grounds and that's all I could get from the video.

The shooter appears to be intentionally trying to scare the woman into never parking in a handicapped space again, thus intentionally causing fear. I think the assault case would stick, but that would be for a jury or judge to decide, if the shooter waived his right to a trial by jury.

Keith

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6292449
08/02/18 04:57 AM
08/02/18 04:57 AM
Missouri
T
thetrappergreen Offline
trapper
thetrappergreen  Offline
trapper
T

Missouri
The old adage two wrongs never made a right.

Re: Very "iffy" CCW shooting. [Re: Finster] #6293175
08/03/18 12:59 AM
08/03/18 12:59 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Brandishing a firearm is a felony in most states, if you use the excuse that you fear for your life to pull a gun out, then don't shoot, it follows that you are not truly in fear of your life. No fear=no excuse to draw, eh?
So either he is justified in shooting or he is not justified in displaying the gun. The same applies for any of you in the same circumstance.

Who ever mentioned that cops often brandish their weapons must know that cops are largely above the laws that apply to the rest of mankind.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread