No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bobcat Cage Trap Question [Re: Pinky P] #6298791
08/10/18 06:39 PM
08/10/18 06:39 PM
California
Mercer Lawing Offline
trapper
Mercer Lawing  Offline
trapper

California
Cage maker builds a heck of a cage lots of models too. But this can't turn into an advertisement we're going to start getting whacked.

I think wire triggers have their place and if a guy could Master it especially in snow country they could save you some froze up pans. My thought has always been gravity is constant. a 20 lb cat is always going to weigh 20 lb and he's going to be standing on something when he walks through your double door or investigates your cage.

Both systems have their pros and cons.

Steve Craig in Arizona took some of my double door traps chopped out the pan and invented his own wire trigger. The wire hung in the cage exactly like you would hang a snare. Only at the bottom of the loop the wires didn't touch they were separate. I think that made it legal for Arizona. If it was a solid wire loop it's possible it could be construed to be a snare I suppose.
Anyways the snare Loop wired sure worked pretty good according to him and when you think about it seems like a great idea.

ML

Last edited by Mercer Lawing; 08/10/18 06:51 PM.
Re: Bobcat Cage Trap Question [Re: Pinky P] #6298869
08/10/18 09:08 PM
08/10/18 09:08 PM
Wakefield, NE.
S
Sanford Otte Offline
trapper
Sanford Otte  Offline
trapper
S

Wakefield, NE.
In the winter time when we get snow & ice I use a shake type cap that they use on the ridge 0f shake roofs to keep the trigger ice & snow free.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread