No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312051
08/27/18 10:54 PM
08/27/18 10:54 PM

M
MsgRet
Unregistered
MsgRet
Unregistered
M

IMO religion enabled us to butcher native tribes and take their land because we put ourselves on the moral high ground. We perverted religion to perptuate genocide and slavery Spirituality is another matter and I believe we all have a spirit.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: ] #6312068
08/27/18 11:08 PM
08/27/18 11:08 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: MsgRet
IMO religion enabled us to butcher native tribes and take their land because we put ourselves on the moral high ground. We perverted religion to perptuate genocide and slavery Spirituality is another matter and I believe we all have a spirit.
that is the history of mankind from the beginning.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: ] #6312075
08/27/18 11:17 PM
08/27/18 11:17 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL

Could you imagine this discussion a couple hundred years ago setting around a fire ? I would be the fire.lol...Would that be Evil or would they be burning the Evil out of me ? smile

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/27/18 11:20 PM.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: ] #6312182
08/28/18 07:08 AM
08/28/18 07:08 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Possible due to illiteracy. If a person can read the New Testament, that which Christians follow, they would have known better. Instead they listened to the false prophet, who used religion to destroy, and the results are evident today. That being the belief that religion equals war which leads those with this belief to not accept Grace but turn from it considering it to be evil.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6312193
08/28/18 07:33 AM
08/28/18 07:33 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
There's solid evidence for evolution you just choose not to see it. There is no evidence to religion that's why you have to have faith.

As far as Evil goes. Anything that tries to harm you in any way is evil. Evil is just a term to describe an act. Deal with Evil with Evil or run, your choice.

Evil is a lot more than what tries to harm us. Evil is always a perversion of what God has made for good. The trouble with starting the evolution debate, is that it really has little to do with the discussion. Evolution theory does not prove or disprove the existence of God. It's just a theory of how we get from point A to point A. Unless you have a first cause, there is no point A or point B.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6312245
08/28/18 08:54 AM
08/28/18 08:54 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana

Could you imagine this discussion a couple hundred years ago setting around a fire ? I would be the fire.lol...Would that be Evil or would they be burning the Evil out of me ? smile

Maybe you would be more comfy around a fire with chairman mao, or maybe stalin. Honestly, you should be very thankful for growing up in a country founded on judeo-christian principles. Whose founders understood where we get our freedoms.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: .204] #6312296
08/28/18 09:42 AM
08/28/18 09:42 AM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
I believe that by saying religion causes wars is equal to saying guns kill people!
Guns do not kill people, evil people kill people. The same, religion does not cause war, twisted thinking causes war (examples: Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, Terrorists, etc.)
Was Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, Terrorists, etc. true followers of God? What if they would have been, would these atrocities through out History ever happened?
Again, an honest conversation about good and evil MUST include a conversation about God. Because without God, there is NO GOOD!
Think about this: NO GOD NO PEACE- KNOW GOD KNOW PEACE!

The 2nd Amendment is my concealed carry permit!
Member- FTA, LIFETIME-NRA
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312414
08/28/18 01:11 PM
08/28/18 01:11 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Actually many came here because of religious prosecution in Europe at the time.

PAskinner..Your right evolution does not prove the existance of a God or not. It's just proves the existance of evolution. Religion does not want the proof of anything but religion and then again only my religion(why some fled Europe).

Any prosecution over a belief is Evil. Because you can't get to the truth without the debate,without looking for it.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 01:27 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6312423
08/28/18 01:35 PM
08/28/18 01:35 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Actually many came here because of religious prosecution in Europe at the time.

PAskinner..Your right evolution does not prove the existance of a God or not. It's just proves the existance of evolution. Religion does not want the proof of anything but religion and then again only my religion(why some fled Europe).

Any prosecution over a belief is Evil. Because you can't get to the truth without the debate,without looking for it.

Forget about religion and pursue God. Looking at what men do doesn't prove anything. Men fight and kill over everything from religion to a piece of meat to a pair of shoes.
So, saying that some religious people did such and such, is no more profitable to the discussion than a debate over how God created the world. Sure, religious people did bad things, and atheists did bad things, but nothing is evil or good without the existence of someone who defines what the words even mean. You say persecution is evil. Ok, but why? If the world is all about survival of the fittest, then there is nothing evil in the strong stomping out the weak. Evil and good is all relative in a Godless universe.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312427
08/28/18 01:41 PM
08/28/18 01:41 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
A belief and being the fittest is 2 different thing's. Your never going to get anywhere as a species killing your brother's and sister's for thinking outside the box.Might be why it took us so long to get to where we are today.

Truth just is. It doesn't take a God to define it.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 01:52 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312473
08/28/18 03:14 PM
08/28/18 03:14 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
He didn't say God is required to define truth. He said God is the needed objective standard by which good and evil are differentiated. The truth is this: "good" is that which conforms to God's nature and "evil" is anything that deviates from God's nature.

Quote:
Any prosecution over a belief is Evil.

I'm curious at how you arrived at that conclusion.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: trapper4] #6312478
08/28/18 03:29 PM
08/28/18 03:29 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: trapper4
So sorry to hear you are an atheist my friend. Do you realize that without God and His Word, there is NO MORAL fiber at all? From where does morality come? It comes from a Moral Creator namely, God!
Do you think the sunrise just happened by accident? Dis our bodies magically come together? Atheism is NOT reasonable at all. By the way, I am not trying to "preach" to you, just defending the obvious truth about a Creator.
Sadly, we are seeing clearly the fruits of atheism every day- shootings, murder, evil, etc.

Originally Posted By: Scuba1
Do not link evil and or good to religion. i am a atheist, yet think that I am a good person. I like to help others along to make a life for themselves and go out of my way to do so. I believe that religion i a very dangerous thing. More wars have been fought over it then anything else ( well maybe oil is a close runner up ) i believe the world would be a more peaceful place without religions. Just my two cents and probably worth less then that.
Just as a heads up for all the bible folks on here trying to " save my soul " to me its a fraudulent game exploiting the fear of people that are gullible enough to take the bait. I am happy where I am and am going to keep it that way for myself... and the better half.
PS. there are quite a few religious folks " those catholic twats" i would like to be locked up in a room with for half an hour or so. It would bring them a lot closer to what they are supposed to teach.

I've always had the opinion that it takes more faith to be an atheist than it does to believe in God.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: ] #6312486
08/28/18 03:42 PM
08/28/18 03:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

There were native tribes that butchered other native tribes before we ever came here that took other tribes land. An example would be the Sioux once inhabited Minnesota. They were killed, slaughtered, and driven into the Dakotas for their land by the Chippewa.

If a person claims to kill and consider themselves to be a Christian, they are living a lie. Christ never advocated killing, but said to pray for your enemies instead.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312491
08/28/18 03:49 PM
08/28/18 03:49 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
There's lot's of opinion's out there.Personally i like to see some evidence to back it up.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 03:51 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312493
08/28/18 03:54 PM
08/28/18 03:54 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Originally Posted By: Trapper7

There were native tribes that butchered other native tribes before we ever came here that took other tribes land. An example would be the Sioux once inhabited Minnesota. They were killed, slaughtered, and driven into the Dakotas for their land by the Chippewa.

If a person claims to kill and consider themselves to be a Christian, they are living a lie. Christ never advocated killing, but said to pray for your enemies instead.

It's about power,control,greed and in some cases survival no matter who's doing it, when or where.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 04:00 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312496
08/28/18 04:01 PM
08/28/18 04:01 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
That's all true, but it's not the Christian way taught by Christ.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312502
08/28/18 04:06 PM
08/28/18 04:06 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Originally Posted By: Trapper7
That's all true, but it's not the Christian way taught by Christ.

I'm sure there are plenty of Athiest's and those of other belief's that would agree with the Christian's about that. It's not just a Christian belief and on the other hand they are just as guilty as the rest.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 04:17 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6312509
08/28/18 04:17 PM
08/28/18 04:17 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
If there was no God , there would be no need for Atheism.......

Report a post club - Non member

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: AntiGov] #6312514
08/28/18 04:23 PM
08/28/18 04:23 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
If there was no God , there would be no need for Atheism.......

Or Christians or any other religion.

Maybe throughout this thread we are mixing up Atheist with Evolutionist,there is a difference.Evolutionist have not arrived at the conclusion there is or isn't a God or anything else yet (they don't claim to know what they don't know).

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/28/18 04:33 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6313183
08/29/18 11:18 AM
08/29/18 11:18 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

It's about power,control,greed and in some cases survival no matter who's doing it, when or where.

So what's wrong with power? What s wrong with greed? Is survival at the cost of some one else's death bad? Why? The atheists have no answers.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread