No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: auto repair shops [Re: danny clifton] #6391386
12/06/18 02:18 AM
12/06/18 02:18 AM
Green Lane, PA
S
SwoleTrapper Offline
trapper
SwoleTrapper  Offline
trapper
S

Green Lane, PA
I got into automotive work for that reason exactly. Problem is, there is always someone cheaper. By inflating prices, you can charge more, while appearing to charge less to the layman. I have never done it. I always had people ship parts to me. But I could see with a large operation how when you scale it you would earn more business with a profit margin that is easier to maintain.

Thats why I switched to doing things other people cant or wont do and charging whatever I want. Way easier.

Re: auto repair shops [Re: danny clifton] #6393661
12/09/18 12:38 AM
12/09/18 12:38 AM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
Originally Posted by danny clifton
so why lie about time? why not just charge a higher per hour rate? or just quote whatever price the shop feels appropriate for the job? whats with charging more for parts than the parts store? every shop out there pays about 75% of retail to the same stores. im pretty sure everyone reading this understands overhead. what I don't understand is being mislead. if the cost is legitimate why all the deception?????????????????????????????????????

I would personally rather pay the actual hrs it took. Some vehicles could be pretty rusty underneath so that would definitely cost more. And I can understand the charging double on parts since if it fails the shop has to eat the repair.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread