No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping #6400233
12/16/18 09:19 AM
12/16/18 09:19 AM
San Luis Valley, Colorado
S
ShagMan Offline OP
trapper
ShagMan  Offline OP
trapper
S

In 1996 we lost the ability to use legholds, snares, and kill traps in Colorado through a citizen petition ballot initiative. ( major flaw in our constitution) Now it looks like the same group of Anti's are trying to outlaw bobcat trapping in Colorado just as they did in California.

FINAL REGULATORY ADOPTION - January 9-10, 2019, beginning at 8:30 a.m.* EFFECTIVE DATE OF REGULATIONS approved during the January 2019 Parks and Wildlife
Commission meeting: March 2, 2019, unless otherwise noted. CITIZEN PETITION:

Final action may be taken on rule-making petitions at any step of the Commission’s generally applicable two-step rule-making process.
WILDLIFE REGULATIONS
Chapter W-3 (“Furbearers and Small Game, Except Migratory Birds” 2 CCR 406-3) and those related provisions of Chapter W-17 - “Damage Caused by Wildlife” 2 CCR 406- 17 necessary to accommodate changes to or ensure consistency with Chapter W-3
At its January meeting, the Parks and Wildlife Commission will consider a Citizen Petition for Rulemaking related to furbearer trapping, as follows:

• A Citizen Petition for Rulemaking requesting that the Commission prohibit the recreational or commercial trapping of bobcats.

The Commission may accept all or a portion of this petition for final action, further consideration or otherwise reject the petition at the January Commission Meeting. A copy of any petition may be obtained by contacting Danielle Isenhart, Regulations Manager, Colorado Parks and Wildlife at (303) 866-3203 ext. 4625.

You can read more here: https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2019/January/Rulemaking-Notice-Jan-2019.pdf

If anyone cares to tell the commission how they feel about outlawing trapping, you can email them here: dnr_cpwcommission@state.co.us
The commission can flat out reject the petition, but im not sure they will with out hearing our voices.

The most frustrating aspect of our battle with radical groups like Wild Earth Gardians and others is the fact that they are internet warriors, who can deceive the masses who rely on internet social media for information. They beg and receive millions of dollars in contrabutions from ignorant movie stars and billionairs, which they use to employ themselves in these organizations. They are able to attack our way of life 24/7 365, and get paid to do it, while we have to actually work and live a productive life leaving limited time to organize and fight back.
Wild Earth Gardians have also been able to introduce legislation in New Mexico to ban trapping there as well.

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400271
12/16/18 10:01 AM
12/16/18 10:01 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I lived on the other side of the hill at paxi shagman. Have lots of family there. I want to puke when I think about the low lifes dictating wild life policy there. I will no longer even buy a one day fishing license. I co-own some property with my sisters. I'd sell in a minute if it were only up to me so I would not be paying any tax there. Took my grandson up into kerr gulch last year. Forest was littered with locked gates. Dad tells me Hayden Pass is almost impassable now as there has been no road work in years. I will send an email. I honestly don't expect anything less than a 0 legal cat harvest, including lions, in the near future.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400274
12/16/18 10:06 AM
12/16/18 10:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
hunted elk in that Saguache country growing up. have caught a lot of brookies in cochetopa creek. in the summer we would camp up by the salt house to fish

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400284
12/16/18 10:15 AM
12/16/18 10:15 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Gonna be more bobcats coming north accross the wy border

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400286
12/16/18 10:16 AM
12/16/18 10:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400297
12/16/18 10:31 AM
12/16/18 10:31 AM
S
ShagMan Offline OP
trapper
ShagMan  Offline OP
trapper
S

For sure,
I talked to my wife about moving out of this state, and we sure might.

quick word on our lion management :

I have found 6 different lion tracks on my trapline in the past 10 days. I caught 2 lions in bobcat live traps last year. I can go any given day to the mountains, look for birds and find a lion kill deer or elk.
It is routine now to tree 2 lions a day with hounds. But parks n wildlife computer models show that elk n deer population are far above herd objective.....not for long.

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400312
12/16/18 10:56 AM
12/16/18 10:56 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Too many of them dang deer here, biggest problem on trap line I've ever seen

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400319
12/16/18 11:06 AM
12/16/18 11:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have been led to believe bobcat trapping is being considered for removal as a legal activity. As you well know there is no biological reason for this to happen. it is being considered the same way the foot trap ban was. Based solely on the emotions of people whose knowledge of wildlife is completely skewed as to whats real. I hope this time you folks do this right thing and toss this proposal in the trash can.

I am hoping for the best.

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400363
12/16/18 11:59 AM
12/16/18 11:59 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
It's sad when people with no clue of how conservation works can find enough other clueless people and misuse the system to try to pass laws that in the end will hurt the thing they think they are protecting that don't even need protection.

Facts
Each animal is it's own worse enemy as they compete for the same things to live and breed, you cannot stockpile wildlife something is going to happen to control their numbers be it hunting/trapping and a health population or starvation and die off from over population and a unhealthy one .

When are the States going to wise up and let the trained folks at the Game and Fish Depts. control the resources and not the fell good "hug them until they all die" fools that refuse to learn/understand what the realities of nature are and what has worked for so many years. These fools were never around when it was time to do the conservation work but they show up when the management begins and think they have the answers and don't even know the question!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400386
12/16/18 12:20 PM
12/16/18 12:20 PM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Too many liberal idiots in the f& game depts now

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: danny clifton] #6400474
12/16/18 01:53 PM
12/16/18 01:53 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

We have this all over the national forest here in oregon

Closed to the tax payers , open to all public workers with a key

Last edited by AntiGov; 12/16/18 02:00 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400756
12/16/18 07:00 PM
12/16/18 07:00 PM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
I have a feeling if the commission doesnt approve the petition it will show up on the next election ballot and pass. cats aside, I think colorado is in for some big changes over the next 4 years, what with a floppy wristed dem governor, and both houses dem majority. I expect to see taxes go up alot, the meager education system gutted, lots of handouts for illegals and neary-do-wells. Denver is now proposing to have safe dope shooting places, etcetcetc there is talk of outlawing home schooling and ending the vaccination exemptions as well. My kids are home schooled, there is no way id let them be educated by colorado dept of education.

I hate to leave my place, heck my grandparents place, but it looks like we will be moving on. It is going to be a sad day when we sell the cattle and farm, but a guy has to take care of his family. We have initiated the selloff, and will be gone by end of next year. It was not an easy decision, all i know is this dusty ole baca county, our whole life is here. there is alot of good people in colorado, hate to leave em behind.

The whole thing makes me sad.

Last edited by bacatrapper; 12/16/18 07:02 PM.

thread killa
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6400770
12/16/18 07:13 PM
12/16/18 07:13 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Bacatrapper sorry to hear about your blite, but I agree family does come first. I would tell you Montana is good place , but I see changes coming myself I am not eager to see. But its better than alot have it.

Last edited by red mt; 12/16/18 07:14 PM.

Kenneth schoening
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: AntiGov] #6400929
12/16/18 09:00 PM
12/16/18 09:00 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

We have this all over the national forest here in oregon

Closed to the tax payers , open to all public workers with a key

Here the gated roads are closed to those that don't have a 4X4 or SBS then you can fit through the gate, if you have a regular vehicle your walking but the same ORV vehicles have the run of the unblocked roads so a guy on foot is screwed trying to do a run and gun turkey hunt.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6401137
12/17/18 05:19 AM
12/17/18 05:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I could have easy drove around some of those gates lawdog. Driving off established roads on the forest is a big fine. If the road is closed you are ticketed like you created an erosion problem in a patch of some endangered plant. No body working at the forest department seems to know why the roads were closed. Its a sad sad thing. That part of the world baca is talking about is prairie. Cant even see any mountains. No matter. Denver still tells them how to live.

What is it about the rocky mountains that makes every dope smoking liberal animal rights believing cross dressing vegan no bathing allowed hippie want to move there?

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: bacatrapper] #6401213
12/17/18 08:44 AM
12/17/18 08:44 AM
NH
T
thebeaverguy Offline
trapper
thebeaverguy  Offline
trapper
T

NH
Originally Posted by bacatrapper
I have a feeling if the commission doesnt approve the petition it will show up on the next election ballot and pass. cats aside, I think colorado is in for some big changes over the next 4 years, what with a floppy wristed dem governor, and both houses dem majority. I expect to see taxes go up alot, the meager education system gutted, lots of handouts for illegals and neary-do-wells. Denver is now proposing to have safe dope shooting places, etcetcetc there is talk of outlawing home schooling and ending the vaccination exemptions as well. My kids are home schooled, there is no way id let them be educated by colorado dept of education.

I hate to leave my place, heck my grandparents place, but it looks like we will be moving on. It is going to be a sad day when we sell the cattle and farm, but a guy has to take care of his family. We have initiated the selloff, and will be gone by end of next year. It was not an easy decision, all i know is this dusty ole baca county, our whole life is here. there is alot of good people in colorado, hate to leave em behind.

The whole thing makes me sad.

Big changes are coming to our entire country, not just Colorado, and I don't think that they are going to be for the better. The attacks that we trappers are seeing on our way of life are just one small slice of the big pie in the way that these changes will be forced upon our country. Your other examples are additional slices of that same pie.

Like you, I'm in the process of moving to a place that better suits my lifestyle and beliefs but, unfortunately, I can see these same issues starting to rear their head elsewhere as well. It's my belief that this process to "change" America is in various stages across the country, how far just depends on who is in charge politically. I don't think that it's going to end well for our country.

The fact that we both feel the need to move away from the places that we have called home for many years because of the politics is evidence of that.

Re: COLO-FORNIA to outlaw bobcat trapping [Re: ShagMan] #6401933
12/18/18 05:26 AM
12/18/18 05:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Hello,

Thank you for your comments regarding the citizen petition concerning bobcat trapping, which will be considered at the Commission's January meeting. Your comments will be shared with the Commission as part of the public input process.

well I got a reply. at least they are being polite

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread