No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428070
01/14/19 10:07 AM
01/14/19 10:07 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Someday you boys will grow up and realize throwing shade on the guys that don't like the delay anymore then you trolls do accomplishes nothing we have the same power you do to change stupid laws in your States that would be none! Like I said many States have more restrictive rules for NR including delays and no season on several species been that way for years. All you do by talking smack is turn off the people that agree with you so keep up the good work!

Like it or not we have a 90+ day season with a lot more options then the folks complain about how it is until it changes. Most places will sell you a license and access is about impossible to run a decent line so the license equals about nothing.

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/14/19 10:54 AM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428090
01/14/19 10:30 AM
01/14/19 10:30 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Mrats don't take out pheasant nests so how would starting the NR season the same time as the resident season have anything to do with this bounty,,,? Non-residents are going to come here the first weekend of Nov and target skunks and possums as well as catch some rats? I doubt it. Why would anyone who likes to do coon want to leave their region in these volatile price times and come here EARLY to possibly catch some Western Northens that might not be found in their state? As for letting rats go to waste in the spring by keeping out NRs, a rat die-off may have happened in the spring of 2012 because of the drought but the sloughs were aalready going dry by the fall of 2011. We all live under some non-biological reasons when it comes to game management in this state, such as starting to hunt pheasants at noon and 10 clock instead of starting at sunrise as some states do or not keeping the season going through all of Jan such as some state do. Wildlife management is also a political thing, always has been.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428091
01/14/19 10:35 AM
01/14/19 10:35 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
My State does not offer NRs any opportunity to trap unless you own land and then only on the land you own. While I find that unacceptable along with many other trappers it's an up hill battle. I got to trap rats in the spring in SD the last year and had a blast, and am thankful I was lucky enough to do so, Once in a lifetime deal. I almost moved to SD that next year, had a house picked out and everything but the water evaporated and so did the rats. I could live in SD, great state and much better than my home state. That being said every state better mind their own, we and many others are going to be under fire just to keep what we have.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428100
01/14/19 10:54 AM
01/14/19 10:54 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Predators do make a difference with their numbers down for what ever reason in our area the birds did better this year along with a wet spring and green grass all summer long. The hawks come and go (but they are going someplace) overpopulation and the loss of habitat are the biggest problems in the up and down cycle of wildlife.

If laws were so easy to change for the better you would think NY would not have all of them stupid restrictive gun laws in place so talk is cheap!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6428170
01/14/19 12:44 PM
01/14/19 12:44 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Law Dog

If laws were so easy to change for the better you would think NY would not have all of them stupid restrictive gun laws in place so talk is cheap!

South Dakota doesn't have 9 million New York City Residents who are Progressive Liberal Democrats who voted for Cuomo who passed all those gun laws.

You Girls couldn't overcome 13 greedy anti-trapper trappers who lobbied to exclude their fellow non-resident trappers.

Not a realistic comparison.

You girls need to do the right thing and let non-residents back in.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428188
01/14/19 01:24 PM
01/14/19 01:24 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Nothing but a internet troll with excuses you can't do it but we should be able to no problem what a joke! LOL Bla bla bla I will type this slow so you can keep up a little story to put things in perspective for the people that might be able to grasp the reality of the situation so good luck.

A few elections back the people of SD voted to limit/end certain perks that were out of control with the Representatives in Pierre, the vote passed but the first chance when they got back in session was to change things back to the way it was before the people voted like it never happened. That is how much say we have in what goes on here in SD and we are no better off then you are in NY in fact you have way less "freedoms) then we do here in SD so maybe work on that.

So 13 people or what's left of them got someone's ear and got this passed the GFP and the majority of people in SD had nothing to do with it stop acting like a child!

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/22/19 09:39 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6428196
01/14/19 01:35 PM
01/14/19 01:35 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Well that went downhill fast.

Have not seen a rat in many years here no extra water no rats! The East end of the State seems to be getting the moisture but still not many houses along the interstate even when heading East.

We are experiencing the same phenomena, that said there are always some places with rats, a man just has to seek them out if he's motivated. Hard to get too motivated in this market lol.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428201
01/14/19 01:43 PM
01/14/19 01:43 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
ND no NR taking of furbearers, MT is similar if not the same, NV no NR can take cats and grey fox, WI 2 week delay on coons, MI I believe closed otter, fisher, marten to NR maybe more I think bobcat? A lot of places are going to draw tags so you can buy a license and not draw a tag. Lot of limiting rules out there some way more restrictive then SD present regulations but the trolls never say anything about that.

I don't trash MN for not having a season like the trolls do with SD, but I will remind them folks that like to kick dirt and forget where they live.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Steven 49er] #6428206
01/14/19 01:48 PM
01/14/19 01:48 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Well that went downhill fast.

Have not seen a rat in many years here no extra water no rats! The East end of the State seems to be getting the moisture but still not many houses along the interstate even when heading East.

We are experiencing the same phenomena, that said there are always some places with rats, a man just has to seek them out if he's motivated. Hard to get too motivated in this market lol.

Not in the central parts of the State I have a spring fed pond thick with cattails that holds seed and not much of that the golden triangle probably holds up better to changes but the other parts of the State have extreme swings. A low spot will be a pond for a few years then planted for several years after that bone dry.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6428211
01/14/19 01:51 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Nothing but a internet troll with excuses you can't do it but we should be able to no problem what a joke! LOL Bla bla bla I will type this slow so you can keep up a little story to put thinks in perspective for the people that might be able to grasp the reality of the situation so good luck.

A few elections back the people of SD voted to limit/end certain perks that were out of control with the Representatives in Pierre, the vote passed but the first chance when they got back in session was to change things back to the way it was before the people voted like it never happened. That is how much say we have in what goes on here in SD and we are no better off then you are in NY in fact you have way less "freedoms) then we do here in SD so maybe work on that.

So 13 people or what's left of them got someone's ear and got this passed the GFP and the majority of people in SD had nothing to do with it stop acting like a child!

If you spent as much time and effort trying to get rid of your anti-trapping non-resident trapping laws as you do trying to silence my opinion, you'd be halfway down the road to getting them repealed.

Talk sure is cheap. Why not expend some of your hot air lobbying your elected representatives to repeal the non-resident anti-trapping regulations in your own state instead of attacking someone's difference of opinion.

Must be you really don't like out of state competition and are happy with anti-trapping trapping regs.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 01/14/19 01:53 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428212
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I know how it works Jerry. There isn't many rats up here either but I could find some somewhere in this state if I was motivated

You don't have to trash MN, I'll do it for you lol.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428215
01/14/19 01:54 PM
01/14/19 01:54 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
No desire to bash anybody people seldom see the big picture and some just love running others into the ground, sad this thread went the way it did but the trolls are as relentless as they are clueless!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: walleyed] #6428220
01/14/19 01:59 PM
01/14/19 01:59 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by walleyed
Nothing but a internet troll with excuses you can't do it but we should be able to no problem what a joke! LOL Bla bla bla I will type this slow so you can keep up a little story to put thinks in perspective for the people that might be able to grasp the reality of the situation so good luck.

If you spent as much time and effort trying to get rid of your anti-trapping non-resident trapping laws as you do trying to silence my opinion, you'd be halfway down the road to getting them repealed.

Talk sure is cheap. Why not expend some of your hot air lobbying your elected representatives to repeal the non-resident anti-trapping regulations in your own state instead of attacking someone's difference of opinion.

Must be you really don't like out of state competition and are happy with anti-trapping trapping regs.

w

Obviously your reading comprehension sucks maybe have some one read this to you slowly. Focus on what you don't know and ignore what could be learned, a troll is just a bully that never grew up! This thread had nothing to do with NR trapping it was just another opportunity for you to be a troll again.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428247
01/14/19 02:30 PM
01/14/19 02:30 PM
INDIANA
B
brandon170 Offline
trapper
brandon170  Offline
trapper
B

INDIANA
So who where the 13 people?

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: brandon170] #6428282
01/14/19 03:27 PM
01/14/19 03:27 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
I agree that it was a greedy few that got the law you have now. I don't think I would give the state of South Dakota the time of day, But I will give them my possum tails. I wonder what 500 coon with no tails would bring at NAFA.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428308
01/14/19 03:56 PM
01/14/19 03:56 PM
South Dakota
TrapperTone Offline
trapper
TrapperTone  Offline
trapper

South Dakota
The majority of my 250 coons have at least a partially docked tail and I run slightly above the NAFA averages for Western Northern and Western North Central. I can't seem to get that cut down unless I'm having a really good day in the shed but it doesn't seem to matter price wise and a fair number of our larger ones have naturally lost part or all of their tail anyways. I'm more worried about the skunks...it pretty much destroys their fur value.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: teepee2] #6428309
01/14/19 04:04 PM
01/14/19 04:04 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by teepee2
I agree that it was a greedy few that got the law you have now. I don't think I would give the state of South Dakota the time of day, But I will give them my possum tails. I wonder what 500 coon with no tails would bring at NAFA.

I think we will be OK! LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428317
01/14/19 04:13 PM
01/14/19 04:13 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Come to a post to:
Start trouble by calling names, wish people the worse, have unreal expectations they can not achieve themselves in their own State (excuses), be misleading by making it sound like we don't have a 90+ day season, make assumptions who is against NR trappers and you have trolls plain and simple.

I cannot think of another reason to do such a thing it does not promote anything but bad feelings, it helps nobody but it makes the troll feel better about themselves maybe to spread the misery around?

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/22/19 09:43 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428361
01/14/19 04:53 PM
01/14/19 04:53 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
walleyed- You still haven't answered my question why you (or anyone else with EASTERN muskrats) would want to trap CENTRAL muskrats during the month of November? Don't EASTERN muskrats generally have better price at auction than CENTRAL rats...???

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6428387
01/14/19 05:27 PM
01/14/19 05:27 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
My rats here look like they are on fire when you pull them out from under the ice they are so red, as red as a red rim beaver. LOL We don't get to trap rats here but about every 10 years when we have a very wet spring then it last a few years and they are gone. I live on a 7 square mile lake and never see any rats on it anymore.

Jerry Herbst
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread