No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429820
01/15/19 11:49 PM
01/15/19 11:49 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
LOL The more you type the goofier you sound Walleyed so you just "weighed in on a post" how innocent that sounds the fact that it had nothing to do with NR trapping ya right, it was just another opportunity to harass people in SD plain and simple and you start out with "Ladies" for a opener and your the victim. Give me a break and you have pulled this numerous time the same old song.

No threat just common sense you vow to jump into threads from SD and play your games that will get old. I'm just bringing it to the forefront for what it is, what is done about it more up to you more then it is up to me really. I'm not a mod so there is nothing I can do about you so no threat but nice try. I have seen people keep working it until it doesn't work any more for them but you go Skippy you got this.

You admit you do it to SD threads and to people that have NOTHING to do with what your ranting about while several other States have similar types of restrictions for NR but your issue is with SD only why is that? You even find a need to make up what my thoughts/intentions are (Russian Collusion Next?) to continue your stupid moves, how sick is that you have nothing to back that up and there is nothing so your making it up? Continue if you want but I would guess that leash is getting shorter by the day go back under that bridge and fix NY!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: walleyed] #6429878
01/16/19 01:20 AM
01/16/19 01:20 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Law Dog
I have delt with people behaviors for the last 30 years and I learned a long time ago that you see what a person does not what they say they are doing and everyone does something for a reason just figure out what that reason is. It's safe to say your not coming to SD to trap and your surely not making yourself welcome by acting like a butt muncher on here. You offend and assume the intentions of the guys on here that welcome NR trappers/hunters and do what we can to help others but that allows you to be the "punisher". You say it's the 13 (11 now 2 have died that I know of) but you call us ladies and wish bad things on us (Karma) like a jackwagon so what you say your doing and really doing are not the same thing! You admit that you have no power to change the laws in your State but we somehow are complacent if we don't do it.

You say that NR are shut out, not true but that it is dramatic the way you put it, if I say a guy could do well in a 90+ day season with liberal trapping regulations that's just a fact, just because I don't by your BS view and see the worse I'm somehow at fault. So a guy won't catch 1000s of rats he won't come and trap 100s to a thousand then it's his choice the opportunity is still there (fact).

Quote from above "If you don't like my comments, don't read them or put me on ignore." What a arrogant person that would come to a SD thread to trash it and think others need to make way for him! I guarantee I would not go out of my way to do the same to you maybe step up to the big boys table someday! You say one thing and do another thing then you say your not doing what you were doing! LOL

You push I will push back every time you can bet on that if you choose to play the fool on here I will be glad to help you do that!

Whatever Handcuff Boy,

You say I'm a name caller ?

Lets check your scorecard in your latest post.

Butt muncher.

Punisher.

Jackwagon.

Arrogant.

Troll.

One can always tell when someone has run out of intelligent points in a difference of opinion when they start throwing insults.

I'm more convinced than ever that you are an anti-non resident trapper masquerading as trapping's "Mother Teresa".

New York State doesn't have any trapping regulations that are Anti-nonresident and need to be changed.

We are a Non-resident trapper friendly state and have same rules for Out Of State trapper as we do for residents.

I find it comical you are a landed refugee from Illinois trying to pass yourself off as a South Dakota Native when in fact you are just an Imported non-resident from out of town.

I'll see you in on the verbal field of battle the next appropriate South Dakota thread.

In the interim, try brushing up on your grammar, spelling, and most of all your punctuation.

w

I found this post on this thread to be hilarious because Walleyed's first post on this thread was this:

You South Dakota Ladies ought to let back in all the non-resident trappers you kicked out of the state a few years back.

Let us trap all predator species and muskrats with the same opening dates as residents currently have.

Maybe that would put a dent in predators and you would not need a ineffective bounty system.

Karma continues to bite you girls in the arse !! laugh

w

This line says it all:

One can always tell when someone has run out of intelligent points in a difference of opinion when they start throwing insults.

By his own logic, I guess Walleyed was out of intelligent points from the get go.

Keith

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429881
01/16/19 01:36 AM
01/16/19 01:36 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
From the get-go ! Lol !!

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: KeithC] #6429912
01/16/19 05:33 AM
01/16/19 05:33 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by KeithC
[quote=Law Dog]I have delt with people behaviors for the last 30 years and I learned a long time ago that you see what a person does not what they say they are doing and everyone does something for a reason just figure out what that reason is. It's safe to say your not coming to SD to trap and your surely not making yourself welcome by acting like a butt muncher on here. You offend and assume the intentions of the guys on here that welcome NR trappers/hunters and do what we can to help others but that allows you to be the "punisher". You say it's the 13 (11 now 2 have died that I know of) but you call us ladies and wish bad things on us (Karma) like a jackwagon so what you say your doing and really doing are not the same thing! You admit that you have no power to change the laws in your State but we somehow are complacent if we don't do it.

You say that NR are shut out, not true but that it is dramatic the way you put it, if I say a guy could do well in a 90+ day season with liberal trapping regulations that's just a fact, just because I don't by your BS view and see the worse I'm somehow at fault. So a guy won't catch 1000s of rats he won't come and trap 100s to a thousand then it's his choice the opportunity is still there (fact).

Quote from above "If you don't like my comments, don't read them or put me on ignore." What a arrogant person that would come to a SD thread to trash it and think others need to make way for him! I guarantee I would not go out of my way to do the same to you maybe step up to the big boys table someday! You say one thing and do another thing then you say your not doing what you were doing! LOL

You push I will push back every time you can bet on that if you choose to play the fool on here I will be glad to help you do that!

Whatever Handcuff Boy,

You say I'm a name caller ?

Lets check your scorecard in your latest post.

Butt muncher.

Punisher.

Jackwagon.

Arrogant.

Troll.

I'm more convinced than ever that you are an anti-non resident trapper masquerading as trapping's "Mother Teresa".

New York State doesn't have any trapping regulations that are Anti-nonresident and need to be changed.

We are a Non-resident trapper friendly state and have same rules for Out Of State trapper as we do for residents.

I find it comical you are a landed refugee from Illinois trying to pass yourself off as a South Dakota Native when in fact you are just an Imported non-resident from out of town.

I'll see you in on the verbal field of battle the next appropriate South Dakota thread.

In the interim, try brushing up on your grammar, spelling, and most of all your punctuation.

w

I found this post on this thread to be hilarious because Walleyed's first post on this thread was this:

You South Dakota Ladies ought to let back in all the non-resident trappers you kicked out of the

state a few years back.

Let us trap all predator species and muskrats with the same opening dates as residents currently have.

Maybe that would put a dent in predators and you would not need a ineffective bounty system.

Karma continues to bite you girls in the arse !! laugh

w

This line says it all:

By his own logic, I guess Walleyed was out of intelligent points from the get go.

Keith
[/quote]

Game. Set. Match.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430082
01/16/19 10:10 AM
01/16/19 10:10 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Attacking the people that agree with him on the main point and that are not in favor of the restrictions is nuts, feeling the need to self appoint himself to be the "Punisher" of all SD is even crazier! crazy

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: kjcouchey] #6430164
01/16/19 12:05 PM
01/16/19 12:05 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Originally Posted by kjcouchey
walleyed the fact is that the predators are not the problem, its the habitat. the gov thinks the predators are the problem. she is wrong. no amount of trapping resident or non resident is going to make the farmers not plow too the center of the section lines. this started off as a post on the bounty. in no way was your comment appropriate on this subject.

Of Course It's the habitat.

But cutting the tails off coons year-round, and then throwing a valued fur resource away is unsustainable and wasteful.

Bounties never work.

Keeping non-residents from trapping coon (or muskrat) until December 1st so you can

waste those coon later is the height of stupidity and equally unsustainable not to

mention discriminatory towards non-resident trappers.

The fact that the Governor is misguided with the bounty proposal is immaterial.

The fact that many South Dakota trappers continue to support

Anti-nonresident trapping regulations by their acquiescence

to the status quo is precisely my point.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 01/16/19 12:08 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430191
01/16/19 12:35 PM
01/16/19 12:35 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Not sure that anybody here thought the bounty WAS a good idea to begin with so we agree on that, FYI I'm still trapping coons now I can't keep them out of my cat sets so your looking at the impossible and not the possible and fixated on your "status quo" that you keep coming around to it one way or another. Your preaching to the choir again when we don't like it either so tell it to the Trappers Asso. not us harass them. Many of us have spoken up and made the contacts we could to voice our opinions, I deal with the GFP often and I speak my mind freely to them. It's just a thought now it is not even in play yet and may never become a real program, this was just a opportunity for you to do your thing a segue to where you really wanted to go in the first place really everyone an see that.

[Linked Image]

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6430273
01/16/19 02:02 PM
01/16/19 02:02 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Law Dog

[Linked Image]

Kudos to you for your Image of Don Quixote jousting with windmills.

Other than that, Meh. laugh

w

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430280
01/16/19 02:07 PM
01/16/19 02:07 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The answer to most questions is both or a little bit of all of the above. Both better habitat and lower numbers of predators will increase the number of pheasants.

Wolves, black bears, grizzly bears and mountain lions were exterminated over most of the United States, in large part, because they were killed for bounties. Of course there are much fewer apex predators to kill off than coons and oppossums, so they are easier to exterminate. High fur prices, which work basically the same way as bounties, led to the extermination from most areas of high priced furbearers like beaver and fisher.

To work best, bounties have to be large enough to motivate people to kill the target animals. The whole breeding population has to be targeted, to prevent recruitment from other nearby areas. I am sure I am not the only one to see more small game animals on a property I trapped hard the year before. Though later in the year, the birds of prey and other predators have knocked the population back down.

One problem with bounties, in a limited area, is that people will bring in tails from other areas. South Dakota should do DNA tests on the tails and talk about checking for cheaters. Mainly to scare would be cheaters, because testing all the tails would be prohibitively expensive. Fear of being caught, would keep many people honest.

I would run box traps all year, for $10.00 a tail, in the areas I go anyways. It's not a huge amount of money, but I would not have to put in much effort, to make a little money.

Keith

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430301
01/16/19 02:23 PM
01/16/19 02:23 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Money could be made sure I trap the year round on skunk complaints but I don't go out of my way to set for them in the summer months most times people call me when they catch one. Turning in a tail and keeping the rest would increase the value of many of them for me a $10 grinner would make me giggle a bit. But other then complaints/roadkilled critters I'm out.

We had a dramatic drop in coons and skunks here and even a reduction in the yote numbers and I have seen a increase in birds this year but with the amount of released birds it makes it tough to judge what the increase really is.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430376
01/16/19 03:50 PM
01/16/19 03:50 PM
South Dakota
kjcouchey Offline
trapper
kjcouchey  Offline
trapper

South Dakota
the worst part about this bounty is going to be the increase in spotlighting on the roads

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430380
01/16/19 03:53 PM
01/16/19 03:53 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
I see a great new start up business for me in selling possum and coon tails to honest SD sportsmen. Question though.. Can it just be the coon tail without the fur? This could be really good. LLL

(this is truly sarcastic if wondering)

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6430383
01/16/19 03:54 PM
01/16/19 03:54 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Not for it but it beats the strychnine eggs they tossed many years ago a coon was a rare critter back then!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: LLtrapper] #6430384
01/16/19 03:55 PM
01/16/19 03:55 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
I see a great new start up business for me in selling possum and coon tails to honest SD sportsmen. Question though.. Can it just be the coon tail without the fur? This could be really good. LLL

(this is truly sarcastic if wondering)

Better then a can/bottle refund scam! LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6431007
01/17/19 01:47 AM
01/17/19 01:47 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota

Can I bring all my (and everybody else's around here) aluminum cans over into IA and get 5 cents a crack instead of the current 35 cents a pound...? I've never tried it but maybe I should. There's an interesting Al can black market from NV and AZ into Cali, I wonder if anyone from SD or MN has tried that with Iowa...? Just giving you crap LLL, I respect your opinion on things!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it has snowed in se SD and will again on Friday. And cold starting on the weekend. I hope that gets the yotes moving around here more. My kid and I have snares out on 3 different farms but no action so far. I would like to see at least 1 good one all tangled up soonly befoe the fur starts to go down hill...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6431064
01/17/19 07:22 AM
01/17/19 07:22 AM
South Dakota
N
Nativetrapper10 Offline
trapper
Nativetrapper10  Offline
trapper
N

South Dakota
i frankly dont understand whats going on. why on earth does that man think we should care about non resident trappers? or non residents in general? the entire point of letting coastal people and big city boys come into our state and hunt or fish is to bring money into sd. a trapper? psh. tightest bunch in the world, bring all their stuff with them sleep under the truck and harvest potentially thousands of dollars of sd fur to take home and sell in a different state. yea that makes sense. we should definately accomodate that. i get hes upset. wants to come here and ditch trap 14$ dollar rats by the thousands like back in '11. i just dont understand why he thinks anyone from sd should care what the seasons or prices for a ny trapper are.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Nativetrapper10] #6431328
01/17/19 10:45 AM
01/17/19 10:45 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
You sound like one of the thirteen. As far as the can redemption take them to Michigan and double your money.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6431391
01/17/19 11:30 AM
01/17/19 11:30 AM
mitchell,South Dakota
stumper Offline OP
trapper
stumper  Offline OP
trapper

mitchell,South Dakota
I'm sure it was a futile effort, but I sent the Gov and all of the Game commissioners an email with my thoughts and concerns......

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6431428
01/17/19 11:51 AM
01/17/19 11:51 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
14 dollar rats in the spring, you have not trapped in the spring if that's what you think.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Nativetrapper10] #6431447
01/17/19 12:05 PM
01/17/19 12:05 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Nativetrapper10
i frankly dont understand whats going on. why on earth does that man think we should care about non resident trappers? or non residents in general? the entire point of letting coastal people and big city boys come into our state and hunt or fish is to bring money into sd. a trapper? psh. tightest bunch in the world, bring all their stuff with them sleep under the truck and harvest potentially thousands of dollars of sd fur to take home and sell in a different state. yea that makes sense. we should definately accomodate that. i get hes upset. wants to come here and ditch trap 14$ dollar rats by the thousands like back in '11. i just dont understand why he thinks anyone from sd should care what the seasons or prices for a ny trapper are.

Originally Posted by teepee2

you sound like one of the thirteen.

Yup,

And there more of these anti-nonresident trappers than anyone on here is willing to admit.

But some of them give themselves away.

w

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread