No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6434770
01/20/19 01:19 PM
01/20/19 01:19 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
plow a little snow and ya miss all the good stuff.everyone is welcome here but bring a shovel.for poop and snow. laugh

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: teepee2] #6434906
01/20/19 03:45 PM
01/20/19 03:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by teepee2
Aligned myself with bad behaviors? Watch out there you might be profiling, you should know better than that.

Tell me what laws you have changed so easily and how you did it? Or do we need to guess at that too?

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/20/19 03:52 PM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: walleyed] #6434916
01/20/19 03:50 PM
01/20/19 03:50 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Been dealing with people's bad behaviors for many years.

typical bully type of behaviors as what is to be gained by the childish actions that target innocent people

My advice grow up!!!

There's a bully on this thread all right, but It's not teepee2 or myself.

Since you've appointed yourself as S.D's. chief apologist for it's

Anti-trapper & Anti-nonresident, discriminatory trapping AND hunting regulations,

you need to follow your own advice and grow up as well.

Trying to bully and intimidate others into not expressing their opinions on their

displeasure with these stupid trapping regulations is not going to work,

even if you wear a badge, carry handcuffs, and wear an official costume.

Nobody has accused you of being responsible for the passage or support

of these draconian laws, so stop blatting like a spring lamb

that you are some kind of victim.

Your alleged pain is self inflicted.

w

SO if your the self appointed punisher for the NR cause and as all in as you claim to be why do you not do the same BS on the MN threads? I can't remember you doing that so why not?

(Not throwing you MN guys under the bus just a valid question.)

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6435381
01/20/19 10:44 PM
01/20/19 10:44 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

SO if your the self appointed punisher for the NR cause and as all in as you claim to be why do you not do the same BS on the MN threads? I can't remember you doing that so why not?

South Dakota needs the most help.

Minnesota has a outfit already battling to bring non-resident trapping back to Minnesota.

Commercial Trappers of Minnesota.

I've already been involved supporting that group.

South Dakota's trappers have, so far, sat on their backsides and done nothing to repeal the anti-trapping, Anti-nonresident regulations.

Therefore, S.D. trappers need a little nudge here and there.

If you are so broken up over the discriminating Anti-non resident regulations perhaps you should consider some activism to change the regulations.

Put some effort into repealing the bad laws instead of waving your handcuffs and flashing your badge trying to intimidate trappers with whom you disagree.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435468
01/20/19 11:32 PM
01/20/19 11:32 PM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
You guys ought to make fun of me. I live in Colorado, we suck really bad, worse than law dog.......... whistle

and..........wait for it.............

I SMOKE WEED!

thread killa
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: bacatrapper] #6435498
01/20/19 11:52 PM
01/20/19 11:52 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Well that's something to be proud of.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: walleyed] #6435551
01/21/19 12:41 AM
01/21/19 12:41 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD

South Dakota needs the most help.

Minnesota has a outfit already battling to bring non-resident trapping back to Minnesota.

Commercial Trappers of Minnesota.

I've already been involved supporting that group.

South Dakota's trappers have, so far, sat on their backsides and done nothing to repeal the anti-trapping, Anti-nonresident regulations.

Therefore, S.D. trappers need a little nudge here and there.

If you are so broken up over the discriminating Anti-non resident regulations perhaps you should consider some activism to change the regulations.

Put some effort into repealing the bad laws instead of waving your handcuffs and flashing your badge trying to intimidate trappers with whom you disagree.

w

You have done more damage then good your just not bright enough to figure it out, I don't disagree with what your saying I disagree with what your doing about it heck you are a poster boy for not allowing NR trapping the way you act. I again refer you back to your 1st post on here you came here to start trouble and not to "fix' anything and along the way turned off the people you think you gained ground you are clueless as can be. Just a bully justifying being a bully that is easy to see but you keep going skippy you got this! LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435556
01/21/19 12:50 AM
01/21/19 12:50 AM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Minnesota is a jewel upon itself!,.....just messing with ya,all.... grin

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435576
01/21/19 01:32 AM
01/21/19 01:32 AM
west ny
B
bulldozerjoe Offline
trapper
bulldozerjoe  Offline
trapper
B

west ny
Man this is quite the thread,,

No matter how much money you make, always eat good🐠
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435611
01/21/19 06:35 AM
01/21/19 06:35 AM
lincoln co mo
jonesy Offline
trapper
jonesy  Offline
trapper

lincoln co mo
not really dozer joe....

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435634
01/21/19 07:28 AM
01/21/19 07:28 AM
South Dakota
N
Nativetrapper10 Offline
trapper
Nativetrapper10  Offline
trapper
N

South Dakota
i wonder if a bunch of would be non-resident trappers being combative and onry to locals is the best way to get us to lobby on your behalf....good plan! you been so rude to us sodak folk ill walk over to noems office today and tell her to let you kind folks come on in and trap as many critters as you like whenever you like wherever you like and for free.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435718
01/21/19 09:46 AM
01/21/19 09:46 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I doubt anyone in SD is trying to change the current laws on the books, could be wrong but I doubt it. Just think how much pushback SD would be getting if rats were $10 and the population was like 2011, 2012.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6435788
01/21/19 10:44 AM
01/21/19 10:44 AM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

I again refer you back to your 1st post on here you came here to start trouble and not to "fix' anything and along the way turned off the people you think you gained ground you are clueless as can be.

Referring to (some) S.D. trappers as "ladies and girls" in my initial post on this thread was a ball-bust, nothing more.

My post was to point of the absurdity of a predator bounty while restricting non-residents from targeting those same predators.

If you can't handle "ladies and girls" then you have much greater problems than my busting your balls.

Suck It Up Sally, and then lead, follow, or get out of the way.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 01/21/19 10:45 AM.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435794
01/21/19 10:52 AM
01/21/19 10:52 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Maybe people would buy a auger if they were $10-$12 again and take advantage of what is offered, funny we have a 3 month season but they had to try to sue the Game Dept to try to get it passed because the majority does not want it and we need the nudge, really! MN has been working on it (and I believe some have) but that does not change the fact that we have and they don't at the end of the day.

We have $80 coyotes but few are taking advantage of them but then they are a lot of work so it's always the rats, rats, rats!

If the rude and condescending people think they will change things they are doing a bang up job of it just not in the direction they keep thinking they are going. (Not directed toward you ratm you have been fair about the whole thing)

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: MJM] #6435800
01/21/19 10:59 AM
01/21/19 10:59 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by MJM
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
A year round bounty would open up tremendous abuse potential and not that successful. Blanket trapping during nesting season in certain habitat has proven to work.

From what I saw working for Delta Waterfowl for 8 years, it works best in areas of small grass. That is why Delta is doing small grass work rather than large grass areas. In large grass ground nesting birds have a better hatch rate than in small grass areas. The smaller they are the worse it is. Quarters and larger do pretty good on there own. You catch way more predators on the edges, than in the center of the big grass areas. I can not say I feel it make more ducks/ground nesting birds to trap the small grass, but it does show a higher percent change on less nests. You have to really clean an area out for it to make any difference. If you take 50% of the predators it will not make a difference in your hatch rate. The ones left just get more nests due to less computation. I feel it is a total waste of money for SD to have a bounty, which would be much better spent on habitat. Not only is the number of ground nesting birds going down, so is the number of predators, due to the loss of habitat.

Thanks MJM for a reasoned reply, a rare thing here at times.

What do you mean by Small Grass and Large Grass?
Same as Short Grass and Tall Grass?

I've always harped on habitat.
Many see predators as the biggest issue with wildlife populations.
Its a simplistic view of the world that eliminating depredation will some how have wildlife populations exploding.
It might short term but then disease, destruction of habitat or another factor kicks in and often times the populations are less than with predators.

The 1st step in improving wildlife populations is always improving habitat for them.
Predator and prey have existed for thousands of years and I can't think of a example that a native predator wiped out a native prey.

Last edited by Dirty D; 01/21/19 11:07 AM.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435810
01/21/19 11:07 AM
01/21/19 11:07 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I think he meant small areas of grass vs large parcels of grass. The small areas concentrate where the birds can nest compared to the more spread effect of a larger parcel of cover.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6435813
01/21/19 11:10 AM
01/21/19 11:10 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I believe when Delta did some spring trapping they would trap a 40 acre piece of nesting ground and not trap a similar piece and then check nesting success on both pieces. There is probably some on here that know more about this than me.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Nativetrapper10] #6435837
01/21/19 11:29 AM
01/21/19 11:29 AM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Nativetrapper10
i wonder if a bunch of would be non-resident trappers being combative and onry to locals is the best way to get us to lobby on your behalf....good plan! you been so rude to us sodak folk ill walk over to noems office today and tell her to let you kind folks come on in and trap as many critters as you like whenever you like wherever you like and for free.

Thank you for your kind offer, Nativetrapper10.

That would be a good start.

Could you also apologize for the state of S.D. to all nonresident trappers for all the harm done.

Thanks again in advance.

w

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: walleyed] #6435843
01/21/19 11:33 AM
01/21/19 11:33 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I again refer you back to your 1st post on here you came here to start trouble and not to "fix' anything and along the way turned off the people you think you gained ground you are clueless as can be.

Referring to (some) S.D. trappers as "ladies and girls" in my initial post on this thread was a ball-bust, nothing more.

My post was to point of the absurdity of a predator bounty while restricting non-residents from targeting those same predators.

If you can't handle "ladies and girls" then you have much greater problems than my busting your balls.

Suck It Up Sally, and then lead, follow, or get out of the way.

w

Like I said a condescending troll and bully NOTHING more you say one thing and do another then make excuses for it, you cannot admit your a self appointed avenging troll that lacks social skills, integrity and leadership skills. You manipulate everything into what it is not, you assume other motives (again manipulate), say one thing then play the injured bird when it comes back at you and then claim intimidation then. LOL How do I intimidate you I'd like to know I have no real power to hurt you in any way but to show everyone what a train wreck you are pretending to be a guy helping anything but your twisted ego. Funny with all of your deflection skills you never called me a liar so you must see the truth in what I'm pointing out with your ongoing BS. You push I push back but you have to push first I don't go around crashing your post where I'm not welcome but then I don't have the need like you do.

You claim your doing it for the good of trapping yet the outcome is the exact opposite and you ramble on and on, in just a short amount of time you managed to take a group of helpful folks doing all they can to help others to the point to many won't care now. Good job skippy your on a roll.

Your lack of maturity stands out with the ongoing child like actions/games you display, you think a joker from NY that talks down to the people in SD like we are sheep to be herded will ever fly you Sir have no clue about the West that's obvious. How many years have we been waiting for anything to happen in MN and we need a nudge from you (really do we) just a cherry picking hypocrite from NY. SD needs your full attention really does it when there are several states with even more restrictive NR rules seriously why do you people seem to ignore that oh it's the rats.

So what have you helped in the last week and what damage have you done by coming to a thread that has zero to do with you that you injected yourself into to be a arse on AGAIN? You don't care about the bounty and never did you just found a way to get on that condescending soap box and say what you said on the last 10 posts you tried to screw with. Grow up it's not as bad as you must think it is.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6435856
01/21/19 11:44 AM
01/21/19 11:44 AM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Like I said a condescending troll and bully NOTHING more you say one thing and do another then make excuses for it, you cannot admit your a self appointed avenging troll that lacks social skills, integrity and leadership skills. You manipulate everything into what it is not, you assume other motives (again manipulate), say one thing then play the injured bird when it comes back at you and then claim intimidation then. LOL How do I intimidate you I'd like to know I have no real power to hurt you in any way but to show everyone what a train wreck you are pretending to be a guy helping anything but your twisted ego. Funny with all of your deflection skills you never called me a liar so you must see the truth in what I'm pointing out with your ongoing BS. You push I push back but you have to push first I don't go around crashing your post where I'm not welcome but then I don't have the need like you do.

You claim your doing it for the good of trapping yet the outcome is the exact opposite and you ramble on and on, in just a short amount of time you managed to take a group of helpful folks doing all they can to help others to the point to many won't care now. Good job skippy your on a roll.

Your lack of maturity stands out with the ongoing child like actions/games you display, you think a joker from NY that talks down to the people in SD like we are sheep to be herded will ever fly you Sir have no clue about the West that's obvious. How many years have we been waiting for anything to happen in MN and we need a nudge from you (really do we) just a cherry picking hypocrite from NY. SD needs your full attention really does it when there are several states with even more restrictive NR rules seriously why do you people seem to ignore that oh it's the rats.

So what have you helped in the last week and what damage have you done by coming to a thread that has zero to do with you that you injected yourself into to be a arse on AGAIN? You don't care about the bounty and never did you just found a way to get on that condescending soap box and say what you said on the last 10 posts you tried to screw with. Grow up it's not as bad as you must think it is.

"Never argue with an ignorant person.

They will drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience".

w

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread