Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Milk #6438353
01/24/19 01:23 AM
01/24/19 01:23 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Do you consider drinking milk important for adults? If so, how much is too much?
1%/2/or whole?

Re: Milk [Re: AJE] #6438893
01/24/19 04:22 PM
01/24/19 04:22 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
At one time I was drinking a gallon of raw whole milk a day. Like water there are limits as in all things which will kill you from sugar to beer.

For a health consideration, colostrum, (the milk for newborns) has a healing effect on humans with various health issues, beginning with intestinal. Caprine is the better milk suited to human consumption, especially with infants with colic. Bovine is the most common, and in that Ayrshire, Jersey and Brown Swiss are a better class of milk than the Friesan Holstein, which is what dominates the American dairy industry based on production instead of quality. Real Ayrshire butter is an orange yellow and does not need food coloring to make it yellow.

What should be the real question on this site is the abuse of dairy cattle by corporate agriculture of herds 1000 to 10000 in confinement, who employ Mexicans which abuse those animals who never see the light of day. They are fed high corn diets to produce milk and literally burn out as animals in a three years. it is inhumane compared to the dairy farmers who were small when America needed to occupy people with income in a non inflation America, when people once could make a living trapping 100 mink a year or 100 fox, where cows were commonly in production on small family farms past 13 years of age.
That is the nasty side of this border wall slight of hand not being spoken of in the use of Mexicans in corporate agriculture in abusing animals, which in turn drove family farmers out of business.

Re: Milk [Re: AJE] #6438948
01/24/19 05:46 PM
01/24/19 05:46 PM
Cottonport, Louisiana
P
Prejeans0316 Offline
trapper
Prejeans0316  Offline
trapper
P

Cottonport, Louisiana
I'll just leave this here for you to think about, I have all the nutrition facts but wont get into that unless someone wants me to.... I myself am a Goat Dairy Owner, You will find Goat milk is so much more healthier for you than cow milk is... Just think about this for a min besides how bad it gets once they process it for you but lets go with raw milk from the cow... That milk is designed to take a 80 calf at birth weight and in 3 months make it a 500 lbs calf to wean.... now goat milk is taking a 4 to 6 lbs kid and making them a 20 lbs 4 to 5 month old young weaned goat.... So if that cow milk can put that much weight on a calf what do you think it does when you drink it?

Brad Prejean
Re: Milk [Re: AJE] #6439385
01/25/19 01:40 AM
01/25/19 01:40 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin