No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6458436
02/11/19 08:53 PM
02/11/19 08:53 PM
PA
M
marathonman Online content
trapper
marathonman  Online Content
trapper
M

PA
Boco good advice...but I have to admit I was sure fooled....

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: greggsinthehouse] #6458439
02/11/19 08:54 PM
02/11/19 08:54 PM
idaho falls idaho
trapr Offline
trapper
trapr  Offline
trapper

idaho falls idaho
Originally Posted by greggsinthehouse
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Personally, If a well known lure maker ripped me off...I would find him at a convention, and settle up there.

Yeah that Paul Dobbins would get an ear full from me !!! I'd mop the floor with him for sure... whistle whistle grin:

BUT, I have never had to do that because he always ships the Backbreaker and bait solution out promptly. Man that Backbreaker is good stuff too!

A guy might be able to "mop the floor" with Paul, but I am pretty sure it would not be worth the nervous "tic" you would develop every time you went and started your vehicle.
EOD does not just learn how to dismantle things. LOL

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6458496
02/11/19 09:31 PM
02/11/19 09:31 PM
Wisconsin
G
Green Bay Offline
trapper
Green Bay  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
I sent him a message on Facebook the other day-

"HI Andy. I have purchased lure from you in Escanaba so I just wanted to let you know that your reputation is being trashed over on Trapperman. Might be in your interest to go over and read the four pages of comments."

His response - "Thanks for the heads up."

Brian

Author of The Lure Hunter: A Guide to Finding Fishing Lures
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: KeithC] #6458509
02/11/19 09:44 PM
02/11/19 09:44 PM
West Virginia
W
wkimble1 Offline
trapper
wkimble1  Offline
trapper
W

West Virginia
Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Posco
Depression is debilitating. It shuts down every aspect of a persons life, not just their ability to ship lure.

I know more about depression than I ever wanted to. Depressed people almost always take part in some form of escapism. They continue to take part in some activity or interest and concentrate on it to the detriment of other things they need to do. That can be almost anything from over eating, substance abuse, hoarding, to taking part in an activity like a sport or even hunting or trapping. Depressed people often focus on one or a few things instead of doing other things they need to do.

This does not excuse bad behavior, it explains it.

Keith

Depression doesn’t discriminate against only some aspects of your life. If you’re severely depressed, you dont even want to do things that you live. Trapping included, which it seems Andy is doing plenty of.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6458529
02/11/19 09:56 PM
02/11/19 09:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
if pschyco babblers knew half as much as they think they do they would be able to cure a few of the mentally ill. the science is too new. they can diagnose some problems but beyond that they don't really have a clue

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: wkimble1] #6458532
02/11/19 10:00 PM
02/11/19 10:00 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by wkimble1
Depression doesn’t discriminate against only some aspects of your life. If you’re severely depressed, you dont even want to do things that you live. Trapping included, which it seems Andy is doing plenty of.

I suffered through a bout of depression in my early twenties, it was the darkest period I've ever experienced in my life. If you look at the context of what I was saying you'll see I wasn't defending Andy, I was getting at precisely what you are saying.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: wkimble1] #6458549
02/11/19 10:17 PM
02/11/19 10:17 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Originally Posted by wkimble1

I do not wish to take sides in any of this thread and have stayed quiet, but feel I should address this opinion as it isn't always true and could be a dangerous way of thinking if dealing with a person with depression.
I had a good friend that became depressed. He was an avid shooter and even while fighting depression would come to the range almost every day to escape the demons that haunted his mind. In fact shooting with me was one of the very last things he did in this life before the demons got the best of him. While this man was shooting no one would have guessed the troubles he had, but all other aspects of his life had been greatly effected.
Again, I am not referring in any way to the context of this thread, just pointing out that the information above is not always the case. This misinformation could be a matter of life or death if dealing with someone with depression.
Sorry for getting off topic, the comment just hit close to home.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread