No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight #6480623
03/04/19 03:54 PM
03/04/19 03:54 PM
Punxsutawney, Pa.
M
MinkGuy Offline OP
trapper
MinkGuy  Offline OP
trapper
M

Punxsutawney, Pa.
Our rights are being taken slowly. Our way of life is being threatened. Our states and their trapping rights are being stripped one by one. PETA has listed that in 2018 they received $54,285,044 and they claim 6.5 million members and supporters. They are campaigning at laboratories, the food industry, clothing trade and entertainment.
They are fighting against the killing of rodents and pests. They don't want companion pets to be on a leash or locked up in a home. They want cattle and livestock to be required to be in out of the elements. They don't want us to eat meat or wear leather or fur garments. Zoos are considered targets as well as hunting and trapping.
They work against us in education, investigations, legislation, and attack our events, with celebrity involvement and protests campaigns.
Still we let them run all over us. We have many trappers who don't belong to their state and national organizations. We have trappers who post tasteless pictures, we have trappers who find fault with our state and national organizations, fur auctions and each other.
Wake up your neighbor and ask yourself if you can do better? I will ask you to support both the NTA and FTA, join and participate in your state association. Don't tell me this is wrong or you are mad about this and that. Get with the program and stand up and fight. It is time to show a united front with each organization coming together from Pet owners, livestock associations, ducks unlimited, Elk foundations, NWTF and every other group including Fur Ranchers and Garment Makers.
An attack on Canada Goose is an attack on us. Tell me why I am wrong and why you don't participate or why you don't belong. I will tell you that if you aren't a part of the solution then you truly are a part of the problem!

Last edited by MinkGuy; 05/03/19 01:31 AM.

DonP
Minktrapping.com
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480625
03/04/19 04:00 PM
03/04/19 04:00 PM
Punxsutawney, Pa.
M
MinkGuy Offline OP
trapper
MinkGuy  Offline OP
trapper
M

Punxsutawney, Pa.
Do you care? Do you belong? Will you join us as a member in one of our state and national organizations. I'd love to hear that you are a member or weren't a member but you are going to join up. So many say, I was but what were they doing for me, or my membership must have expired. Please check and make sure you are current then join the fight! We need each person.

DonP
Minktrapping.com
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480626
03/04/19 04:05 PM
03/04/19 04:05 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
I’m with you Don, join state and national associations! Support those who support us!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480628
03/04/19 04:08 PM
03/04/19 04:08 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
You will get no fight from me. You are 100% right! You can add your gun rights in there also.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480638
03/04/19 04:19 PM
03/04/19 04:19 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Originally Posted by MinkGuy
Our rights are being taken slowly. Our way of life is being threatened. Our states and their trapping rights are being stripped one by one. PETA has listed that in 2018 they received $54,285,044 and they claim 6.5 million members and supporters. They are campaigning at laboratories, the food industry, clothing trade and entertainment.
They are fighting against the killing of rodents and pests. They don't want companion pets to be on a leash or locked up in a home. They want cattle and livestock to be required to be in out of the elements. They don't want us to eat meat or wear leather or fur garments. Zoos are considered targets as well as hunting and trapping.
They work against us in education, investigations, legislation, and attack our events, with celebrity involvement and protests campaigns.
Still we let them run all over us. We have many trappers who don't belong to their state and national organizations. We have trappers who post tasteless pictures, we have trappers who find fault with our state and national organizations, fur auctions and each other.
Wake up your neighbor and ask yourself if you can do better? I will ask you to support both the NTA and FTA, join and participate in your state association. Don't tell me this is wrong or you are mad about this and that. Get with the program and stand up and fight. It is time to show a united front with each organization coming together from Pet owners, livestock associations, ducks unlimited, Elk foundations, NWTF and every other group including Fur Ranchers and Garment Makers.
An attack on Canada Goose is an attack on us. Tell me why I am wrong and why you don't participate or why you don't belong. I will tell you that if you aren't a part of the solution then you truly are a part of the problem!

Amen Brother, preach on!

I drove over 300 miles and spent over 30 hours at the Dixie Deer Classic representing the NC Trappers Association this past weekend all on my dime. I consider it time well spent but like you, it really chaps my backside that over 85% of the licensed trappers in this country will not get up off of enough money to join even their state associations much less the national ones.

And I will add another organization that we need to support to your list. Sportsmen's Alliance is on the front line in the battles against the antis across the country as well.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480646
03/04/19 04:28 PM
03/04/19 04:28 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I am a life time member of the PTA and the NTA .I also belong to the WVTA . And I have been a sustaining member of the PTA since they started that program . I have helped out at conventions in the past . I agree Don we all need to get on board .But more importantly we need to represent what we do in the best possible way .One thing that I think gets overlooked is we are providing a service to the public by keeping animal populations in control to avoid crop damage ,disease .and damage to homes if those animals get inside Many people find animals very lovable until they start getting into their attic or under their storage shed .Or the local raccoons destroy the sweet corn patch and a mink gets into the chicken pen . Without the work we do often for the next thing to free it would cost them a whole lot to have someone come and fix what now has become a problem

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480650
03/04/19 04:32 PM
03/04/19 04:32 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Plenty of stupid folks support them just like they support cotex as she wants elimination of all fossil fuels and drives away in a minivan yet the subway is a block away. Stupid is here to stay and we need to stay strong and support our organizations.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480651
03/04/19 04:35 PM
03/04/19 04:35 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Rusty Kramer, our hard working ITA president is making friends with powerful organization here in Idaho and elsewhere. I definitely appreciate leaders like you two and we also need a lot more followers like me willing to put the word out and do our share to assist in your endeavors. Even if the start is to just join your state trappers association. As I said on your forum, shame on trappers that don’t belong to their state trappers association and at least one national organization. I also get tired of the petty bickering about a certain trappers association and the excuses why a person doesn’t belong to it. I have been told from several different state association representatives an average of only 10% of trappers belong to their association.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480652
03/04/19 04:36 PM
03/04/19 04:36 PM
Utah
L
Lockjaw52 Offline
trapper
Lockjaw52  Offline
trapper
L

Utah
You are spot on Mink Guy. We as trappers cannot afford to not be a part of every trappers association available to us. We are going to lose big time if we do not stand together and support our cause.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480660
03/04/19 04:44 PM
03/04/19 04:44 PM
Punxsutawney, Pa.
M
MinkGuy Offline OP
trapper
MinkGuy  Offline OP
trapper
M

Punxsutawney, Pa.
Reply - we need to do more. I need to join the sportsman alliance. We each need to recruit new members and take them to a meeting or event.
This is our BATTLE CRY! NOW is the time. Post on here what more you are doing! If I as a life member of the NTA, FTA and PTA say that is good enough -- It just isn't! I need to do more. We each need to do more! It doesn't have to be financially it can be helping out at an event or getting a new member or exposing the ridiculous intentions of "THEY"
THEY want to tell us how to live, what to eat, if we can have a pet, if our city can have a zoo.. and so on.
I love Bacon and nobody is going to take that away from me without a fight. I love using footholds and bodygrippers. Don't try to take that or my right to use a gun either. I shouldn't have to pay extra taxes on bullets and guns! I buy licenses which support conservation and THEY do not.
THEY have me so hot right now! Let's UNITE with the livestock associations, the coon hunters, duck and pheasant, grouse and elk, trout and everyone else that believes the way we do. Individual states can't stop these guys alone.

DonP
Minktrapping.com
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480664
03/04/19 04:51 PM
03/04/19 04:51 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Remember, the antis aren't better organized...just better funded.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480665
03/04/19 04:53 PM
03/04/19 04:53 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
I want to go even a step farther.

I would like to see every state form a group of all outdoorsman and constitution supporters that would be willing to meet and discuss ideas on how we can do more.

The organizations mentioned above could even attend and recruit more members.

I think a group like this could help educate and recruit more people in their local areas. I would like to see more videos made up supporting our side.

Organization representation is the bare minimum we should be doing in my opinion.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6480667
03/04/19 04:55 PM
03/04/19 04:55 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Sorry Sniper but I have to disagree as the antis are better at getting their message out.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480669
03/04/19 04:56 PM
03/04/19 04:56 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
I am with you! Many say they cant afford it,You CAN'T not afford it! $2.50 A MONTH everyone can afford. That's less than a bottle of pop and bag of chips. We don't have to agree with everything these organizations do except the fact they fight every single day for US trappers

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480671
03/04/19 04:58 PM
03/04/19 04:58 PM
Central/Western Texas
AuthorTrapper Offline
trapper
AuthorTrapper  Offline
trapper

Central/Western Texas
I'm a member of my state association! I'm with you, MinkGuy!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480675
03/04/19 05:09 PM
03/04/19 05:09 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Kinda weird timing. I havent been a member of our association in a long time. Happened to print off the membership from online this morning and have it on my desk.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: racerboy108] #6480678
03/04/19 05:10 PM
03/04/19 05:10 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted by racerboy108
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Sorry Sniper but I have to disagree as the antis are better at getting their message out.

yep, they have the social media part down pat.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480681
03/04/19 05:12 PM
03/04/19 05:12 PM
Saltlake city utah
S
Steelflight Offline
trapper
Steelflight  Offline
trapper
S

Saltlake city utah
Well this is the facts these people do nothing but sit and stew it seems. Despite there creeds and oaths it is only about control. I stand by the thoughts spoken but I will ask what more ca be done?. Im a new guy but here are my thoughts.

If you support your association then your also supporting the NTA. If you want to support your local association then stop sending fur to groenwold and NAFA. send it only through your local association so they get a good surplus of commission for funds. Then I would also encourage trappers to Wright about their seasons and the adventures they had for atleast no other reason then to leave behind the stories to your posterity.

Go easy on me.

You may think before you act. The question is did you listen to your own council?
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480685
03/04/19 05:19 PM
03/04/19 05:19 PM
Upstate NY
David Morse Offline
trapper
David Morse  Offline
trapper

Upstate NY
I think if we all put links in our signature line to join the association with a few computer clicks it would grow memberships. I did it just the other day with the fur takers of America.

life member NYSTA
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6480687
03/04/19 05:23 PM
03/04/19 05:23 PM
Upstate NY
David Morse Offline
trapper
David Morse  Offline
trapper

Upstate NY

Last edited by David Morse; 03/04/19 05:47 PM.

life member NYSTA
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread