No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485171
03/08/19 08:44 PM
03/08/19 08:44 PM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
family. close ones, the ones that raised you and you were raised with. They are always the worst. Now that im older and dgaf, ive told them all to pound sand and my life has been a happily ever after. I might be able to only count my real friends on one hand, but i KNOW i can count on them and that is all that matters. I would rather have ONE true friend than a million others.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: The Possum Man] #6485263
03/08/19 09:41 PM
03/08/19 09:41 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
family. close ones, the ones that raised you and you were raised with. They are always the worst. Now that im older and dgaf, ive told them all to pound sand and my life has been a happily ever after. I might be able to only count my real friends on one hand, but i KNOW i can count on them and that is all that matters. I would rather have ONE true friend than a million others.

Ya, the majority of my problems have been with family too. Walked away from them a few years back with no regrets. Stress level dropped dramatically!

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485266
03/08/19 09:43 PM
03/08/19 09:43 PM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
nobody will stab you in the back quicker than family. probably because they know you aint gonna do anything about it. A stranger will be afraid you might just kill em.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485281
03/08/19 09:58 PM
03/08/19 09:58 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
No sense telling a story on here if I plan on evening up the score. That's how I am though.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485338
03/08/19 11:00 PM
03/08/19 11:00 PM
NW MO
T
TurkeyTime Offline
trapper
TurkeyTime  Offline
trapper
T

NW MO
Land, family, period

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485461
03/09/19 02:40 AM
03/09/19 02:40 AM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
Craig's mother & mine were best friends. I was born on August 27, a few minutes before midnight August 28, Craig was born a few minutes after midnight on August 28. Our mothers shared a room, I knew that boy from the time he was born, literally. Fast forward 26 years ( we were tight all that time) his wife Cathy came to our home & told my wife ' Suze, I don't want to start trouble for you but things have gotten out of hand. Richard is coming into town( I was a long haul truck driver), parking his truck downtown, drinking, chasing (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and he calls Craig when he's all drunkup and Craig has to go get him and put him to bed in his truck so you don't know about it. This is hurting our marriage bad, Craig having to stay out all night 2 or 3 times a week because of Richard, this has been going on for 3 years now. 'Cathy, I get all Richard's run sheets, he calls every Friday and we compare notes so we get paid correctly, I know where that truck is pretty much all the time'. About that time I walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me & asked Cathy to excuse my near nudity & said I'd heard the conversation and where the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) was Craig, I wanted to talk to him right now. 'Richard, he's out saving you from yourself now'. I have never seen a woman more broken than then and I hope I never do again. She feel to pieces and told Susan(I was getting dressed and just caught the end of it but just flat asked her'Cathy, he's been beating you?'. We'll not discuss the repercussions of Craig hurting that fine woman nor back stabbing me. We'll leave it that Craig gave everything to Cathy in the divorce and told someone later that he was surprised & scared at the retribution that had been dealt him. That boy had known me from birth & he'd seen my stance in certain matters before and he'd seen my reaction to matters such as this. I'll never understand why he thought he was above that.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485476
03/09/19 04:26 AM
03/09/19 04:26 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Once over some tools, wasn't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Compared to others I haven't really been backstabbed thankfully. I semi pride myself as being cautious.

The tool issue had the scales balance back out though not in the best way.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485477
03/09/19 04:29 AM
03/09/19 04:29 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
All theses story make me feel good about living my life as a friendless loner. I don't have anyone to help me with things and there is no one to ask me for help, fair trade off. I always told my kids, everyone you meet in life has an angle, or a motive. Be it good , bad , or otherwise, always keep that in mind.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485617
03/09/19 09:51 AM
03/09/19 09:51 AM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
Once upon a time Bob W.............

Praise the Lord and Pass the ammunition.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485629
03/09/19 10:00 AM
03/09/19 10:00 AM
In the south central Pa Mounta...
grayfox54 Offline
trapper
grayfox54  Offline
trapper

My bil is about the most two faced back stabbing prick I’ve ever known. I could write a book on the crap he did to me over the years. My mother lives with them, because my sister says so, and I heard him say stuff about her, not to me though, behind my back. She’s the nicest lady ever not saying that cause she’s my mom, she never swears, she always stood up for that no account. And now he acts like that
mad

I don’t trap because I want to
I trap because I have to
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485758
03/09/19 11:33 AM
03/09/19 11:33 AM
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Frazee, MN
I have always like to help people that need some help. (work that's takes more then 1 person). I have taken people on hunting trips, not big trips just around the area where it is nice to have a partner to hunt with. After a while people start to expect it but never return good gestures. I don't ask for it but it becomes difficult. Now my kids are older, they have become my hunting partners and appreciate the things we do together.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485760
03/09/19 11:36 AM
03/09/19 11:36 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
take a man huntin for a day.....he'll be there the next time you wanna hunt there.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: pcr2] #6485927
03/09/19 02:34 PM
03/09/19 02:34 PM
grayfox54 Offline
trapper
grayfox54  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by pcr2
take a man huntin for a day.....he'll be there the next time you wanna hunt there.

Ain’t that the truth!!

I don’t trap because I want to
I trap because I have to
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6485951
03/09/19 02:54 PM
03/09/19 02:54 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Was engaged to a girl when i was 19, her parents showed up in our hunting area. I went to their house, talked to her and asked what the deal was. She said its just deer hunting, I broke it off, permanently. laugh

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486158
03/09/19 07:24 PM
03/09/19 07:24 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
In my opinion, people need to get physically meaner again. We’ve gotten so nice, non-violent and non-confrontational as a society that there’s no real consequences for treating people like garbage any more. Passive-aggression is the SOP nowadays. Everyone depends on Big Brother to take care of their problems and the idea of taking care of them yourself has become a foreign concept. We’ve demonized “violence” so much that you’ll get more jail time for punching a thief than the thief will for robbing you blind.

My opinion is that we need to make a conscious effort to NORMALIZE VIOLENCE AGAIN. You steal from me, I’ll beat the tar out of you but I won’t call the cops and pay taxes to feed you. Imagine if, instead of spanking a kid when they do something blatantly wrong, you gave them a “summons”, told them you’ll talk about it next week, then maybe a month after that they’d have to get grounded, but it might get dropped if they tell on another kid for something. They wouldn’t learn the lesson very well, and neither do adults. Consequences should be swift, painful, and over, not slow, burocratic and painless.

My opinion.
I think the world would be a better place.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: KenaiKid] #6486191
03/09/19 07:53 PM
03/09/19 07:53 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
In my opinion, people need to get physically meaner again. We’ve gotten so nice, non-violent and non-confrontational as a society that there’s no real consequences for treating people like garbage any more. Passive-aggression is the SOP nowadays. Everyone depends on Big Brother to take care of their problems and the idea of taking care of them yourself has become a foreign concept. We’ve demonized “violence” so much that you’ll get more jail time for punching a thief than the thief will for robbing you blind.

My opinion is that we need to make a conscious effort to NORMALIZE VIOLENCE AGAIN. You steal from me, I’ll beat the tar out of you but I won’t call the cops and pay taxes to feed you. Imagine if, instead of spanking a kid when they do something blatantly wrong, you gave them a “summons”, told them you’ll talk about it next week, then maybe a month after that they’d have to get grounded, but it might get dropped if they tell on another kid for something. They wouldn’t learn the lesson very well, and neither do adults. Consequences should be swift, painful, and over, not slow, burocratic and painless.

My opinion.

Figured AK was a tougher place. Most circles I know still operate as such. I agree....having a healthy fear of retribution helps keep people in line.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486193
03/09/19 07:54 PM
03/09/19 07:54 PM
Berlin, Pa.
C
cci Offline
trapper
cci  Offline
trapper
C

Berlin, Pa.
Another one.. Had a guy i worked with on night shift ask if he could ride along while i was turkey scouting.. Went to some of my go too places and located some gobblers. He assured me he wouldnt butt in and he would find his own places. You can guess what happened the opening day. He said its public land. I said you know that tree you have been sitting against the first day of deer for the last 8 years? Ill be sitting there the first day. When i got there he was already there so i went in front of him about 30 yards and proped up against a tree. I said PUBLIC LAND!

Last edited by cci; 03/09/19 07:57 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486425
03/09/19 10:57 PM
03/09/19 10:57 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Originally Posted by eric space
Mine was from a "disabled" Vietnam vet I'll call "Ray". I felt bad for him as he had no strength in his hands. He said he liked to trap so I skinned and put up all his fox, coons and mink for free. Did this for 6 or 8 years.Little did I know he was hardly trapping at all. He was stealing animals trapped by others, mostly me! I always set my underwater conibears with the trigger up from the bottom ( catch a lot more critters that way, especially mink and rats in larger size conibears). I had an otter set, (220) and every day the trap was set with the trigger on top, so I put a trail cam on it, set to take a pic every 10 seconds. Next day I had 3 pictures, first was Ray coming over the guard rail, second he was at the set, third he was leaving with a muskrat in hand. In thirty seconds he reset a 220 conibear with his "disabled" hands and left the scene. Same day he shows up at my fur shed with 2 mink for me to skin. Just so happens I had 2 mink stolen that day out of snares. In the back of his truck is my snare on a brick from one of the 2 stolen mink. I showed him the trail cam pics and he started whining how disabled he was and that I should use 110 conibears!!!!!
But wait it gets better!!
Next year I am set up at the NJTA convention selling snares and who sets up next to me but good ole Ray. He puts up his table and proceeds to put out dozens and dozens of my snares at half price. The no good bum had never bought a snare off of me, ever. He had been stealing them out of my barn a few at a time so I did not notice them being gone.
This all happened in 2010 and 2011. Why do I bring it up now you ask? Cause it is Lent and for Lent I vowed to be nice to my fellow man. This morning on the way to town I saw a truck with a flat tire on the roadside. I slowed down to stop and see if I could help and then I saw it was Ray. I did not stop, I hope God will forgive me. Eric

Eric, you said at first you thought he was a disabled Vietnam vet, but you obviously disproved the disabled part. I hate to even bring this up... but is he really a Vietnam vet at all? Just a thought. Nothing else about the guy seems to be true!

Sorry. That just crossed my mind and I had to say it. So sorry for how that guy took advantage of you. You're a good person to be worrying about not stopping to help him!

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486435
03/09/19 11:02 PM
03/09/19 11:02 PM
Hathaway Montana
Cathouse Jim Offline
trapper
Cathouse Jim  Offline
trapper

Hathaway Montana
KenaiKid - Well said!

"I've reached nearly fifty four years of age with my system."

NTA Life member
MTA Life member
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: KenaiKid] #6486446
03/09/19 11:10 PM
03/09/19 11:10 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by KenaiKid

My opinion.

This is call vigilantism. You're in luck....it's still commonplace in Africa and other 3rd world destinations.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread