No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... #6516744
04/12/19 08:11 PM
04/12/19 08:11 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline OP
trapper
pass-thru  Offline OP
trapper
P

Va
I have had enough bad experiences with real estate agents that I don't trust them until they've earned it.

I bought my first house as a newly married boot lieutenant in the armpit of NC. Although a nice house it is easily the worst investment I ever made. The market crashed, new construction dropped the price and kept building. Housing values tanked. I moved away years ago and have been stuck with a rental that gushes money. It has been empty well over a year altogether adding up the vacancies through the years, but current 2 year lease is up end of May. The rent market is way below the mortgage. I shell out a good chunk of change over rent receipts to pay the mortgage every month, before repairs.

When hurricane Florence came through last fall this house was right in the path. I got really lucky. Only minor damage. A lot of houses in the area were a complete loss. This has improved the rental and selling market due to the storm damage creating a shortage.

I talked to my property manager a couple weeks ago and said I have had enough of the house. She didn't even blink, said this is a good time to sell, referred me to a sellers agent in her company.

I talked to the agent. I nice young lady, very upbeat about the prospects of selling. Said she would need to arrange to get in the house and look around before coming up with a list price.

So I hear back from her a week later. Her tone is changed a lot. The house looks, good, I might consider doing this, that the other before listing. Did I know the rental market is up? It would probably sell within a couple weeks....she spoke to a market analyst that thinks I would be better off keeping it as a rental for a few more years. I laughed and told her I lose money every month have been since I moved out, and no the tax break doesn't cover it.

Sensing that something more was goin on, I asked her if she met the tenants when she looked in. Yes the wife was home. And you found her sympathetic? She said....well we are really supposed to keep those things separate...I am just trying to keep your best interests in mind. This is a nice thought, but I know full well she doesn't make a penny unless the house sells. I know nothing about the tenants, just that the lease is up and the property manager flipped me to a selling agent without a thought.

So I asked the agent to tell me what's going on. She said, well it's a military family with small kids, and if they have to move with the hurricane last year, they will have a really hard time finding another place to live in the area. They really, really, really want to stay in the house. I thanked her for sharing her concerns.

I called the property manager and told her that they have a keeper with that agent....couldn't find a better heart. We tweaked the rent a little and continued the lease for a couple more years. I called the sellers agent to thank her for her time and told her what we did and that I won't be selling this time, but when I do I will be sure to give her a call. I didn't think I would ever hear somebody so happy to lose a sale.

Re: Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... [Re: pass-thru] #6516748
04/12/19 08:16 PM
04/12/19 08:16 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Glad it worked out for you and the tenants

Re: Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... [Re: pass-thru] #6516761
04/12/19 08:27 PM
04/12/19 08:27 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Good for her. And you for sorting it out.

Levi
Re: Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... [Re: pass-thru] #6516764
04/12/19 08:30 PM
04/12/19 08:30 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
You found a rare one. A realtor with a heart and a conscience. Good for you and the tenant.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... [Re: pass-thru] #6516773
04/12/19 08:39 PM
04/12/19 08:39 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Maybe she hasn't bee a real estate agent very long.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Not all real estate agents are scheisters.... [Re: pass-thru] #6516803
04/12/19 09:04 PM
04/12/19 09:04 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Sure they are.....just like lawyers.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'