No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: Lugnut] #6517378
04/13/19 06:16 PM
04/13/19 06:16 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Lugnut
It’s sad it has to be that way Grandpa Trapper. But thankfully it is only a handful that can’t keep their mouths shut.

You have a bad case of the pot callin the kettle black Lug. Go back through the thread and see who started being a basher as you all call it. The first one I seen being a smart aleck was you, just sayin.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517380
04/13/19 06:18 PM
04/13/19 06:18 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
What I was saying you can't say any organization has let you down if your not supporting them to begin with if a guy belong to the NRA or GOA it's not the problem it the ones that don't support anything not even the local gun club that think it should be this way or that way join and have a voice but until then your part of the problem!

You can't win the pot if you don't ante up!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517387
04/13/19 06:34 PM
04/13/19 06:34 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Catch22
It’s sad it has to be that way Grandpa Trapper. But thankfully it is only a handful that can’t keep their mouths shut.

You have a bad case of the pot callin the kettle black Lug. Go back through the thread and see who started being a basher as you all call it. The first one I seen being a smart aleck was you, just sayin.....

You never heard me bash the NRA or any other gun rights group and you never will.

Even if I was narrow-minded enough to focus on a small amount of negatives and ignore the huge amount of good a pro-2A group did I would never even think abouit bad-mouthing them on an open forum. That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face!

If you don't like the NRA and what they stand for fine, it's a free Country. But as a gun-owner, why would anyone feel the need to openly tear them down repeating the same tired old crap over and over again? And it's not an isolated incident. Every single NRA thread here on Tman gets turned into a bashing by a few bitter, vocal folks.

We have more than enough liberals to do that, don't need gun owners cutting our own throats.

Eh...wot?

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517402
04/13/19 06:59 PM
04/13/19 06:59 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I wasn't talking about you bashing the NRA, you are the one who started being a smart aleck. And I was trying to have a conversation, show me where I bashed!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517407
04/13/19 07:09 PM
04/13/19 07:09 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Is this the same catch that does the same thing every week something you want to talk about going on?

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: Catch22] #6517420
04/13/19 07:28 PM
04/13/19 07:28 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I wasn't talking about you bashing the NRA, you are the one who started being a smart aleck. And I was trying to have a conversation, show me where I bashed!

I wasn't being a smart Alec. You were the one that said:

We need to keep the NRA out of the courtrooms and let the GOA handle that. I suspect that is the reason why the NRA's membership #'s may be falling off, they really compromise to easily. I'm not being facetious, going by the facts.

I do consider that bashing. I also consider it a ridiculous statement given the excellent track record the NRA has had in having anti-gun cases overturned. That is why I said:

That is a ridiculous statement. Look up the list of NRA financially-backed court cases decided in favor of 2A rights. Two of the most recent are the overturning of California's ten-round magazine ban and the Deerfield Illinois Assault Weapons and High Capacity Magazine Ban that was thrown out of court.

There are dozens, probably hundreds of other examples. Without the NRA in the court rooms, we as gun owners would be in a much worse place.

Those are the real facts!

Eh...wot?

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517442
04/13/19 07:48 PM
04/13/19 07:48 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Those of you upset that I point out the NRA supports and defends gun control need to quit pretending they don't. It's the only reason I feel compelled to point it out.

Plenty of people like red flag laws, bump stock bans and background checks. They are fine with the idea that militia should have a difficult and expensive time procuring military grade weapons. Those folks will be happy to send money. You need to quit trying to recruit people with the mantra that NRA is against gun control laws.

I'm still waiting for the list of federal gun laws on the books not supported by the NRA

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517445
04/13/19 07:53 PM
04/13/19 07:53 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Lol, bashing. I went out of my way to explain that I wasn't being facetious and that wasn't good enough for you I guess. Your the one who, instead of saying I disagree, you go right away to, ridiculous and can't keep their mouths shut. I am pointing out FACTS that may be one of the reasons the NRA is losing monies. IMO, I think people are starting to look in to the real NRA history and what they have done recently, and are not renewing. I'm sure there are other factors as well.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517547
04/13/19 09:32 PM
04/13/19 09:32 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by AJE
Your posts were very welcomed Law Dog.

I hate it when anti's intimidate good folks into being afraid to proudly stand up for the NRA.

Been a member for years, and I'm not an anti, but...when I was talking with a fundraiser guy over the phone, I aske about that infringement on Florida gun owners, concerning pstd and not allowing them folks their 2nd amendment rights, and he said, and I quote , "we sure dropped the ball on that one". Quite apologetic, he was, while asking for more money.

I may not have my facts totally straight concerning the issue, but one of you might recall how it actually went.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: danny clifton] #6517552
04/13/19 09:43 PM
04/13/19 09:43 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Plenty of people like red flag laws, bump stock bans and background checks.

I think Red Flag laws will be an abuse in waiting, I wish bump stocks had never been invented and I don't have a problem with instant background checks as long as there is no waiting period.

Do you have a problem with instant background checks? I'm genuinely curious.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517559
04/13/19 09:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yes. People denied are never arrested. It is a crime to lie on the form to purchase. The whole thing was to create a registry of gun owners.

I also believe if a person is so dangerous they can not be trusted to arm themselves they should not be released from prison.

Does anybody reading this think insta check has ever stopped even one crime?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517560
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
The MSM's unrelenting attacks on the NRA are prima facie evidence of the NRA's effectiveness. I'm a supporter.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: danny clifton] #6517562
04/13/19 09:52 PM
04/13/19 09:52 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Does anybody reading this think insta check has ever stopped even one crime?

It has stopped felons from buying guns but not all felons are dangerous and shouldn't automatically be deprived of their 2nd Amendment right.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517564
04/13/19 09:53 PM
04/13/19 09:53 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
do drug laws stop felons from buying drugs?

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: danny clifton] #6517567
04/13/19 09:55 PM
04/13/19 09:55 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Yes. People denied are never arrested. It is a crime to lie on the form to purchase. The whole thing was to create a registry of gun owners.

I can't speak to whether persons falsifying forms have been prosecuted or not but I agree with the "registry of gun owners" aspect of your post.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517614
04/13/19 10:42 PM
04/13/19 10:42 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
As this began as a post in wondering why the NRA would not respond to an inquiry, no one has addressed this, as it appears no one here has any experience with the NRA upper echelon. Without explanation of how, I have as a writer had such experience, and can relate they are not interested in members as what manages the NRA is interested in the closed group and not the members. In stating that, the NRA of the last 20 years is not the NRA of Harlon Carter who took it from a few hundred thousand members to millions.

When the NRA switched from 20 dollar year fees to 35 dollar a year fees, I did try to alert them that this was a huge mistake in membership. As a child, I did not realize that the purpose was calculated to censor the poor gun owning Americans, and this is what has been the urban NRA to not respond to a traditional American gun ownership, where firearms are a tool of daily life. Tom Greshem of Gun Talk summed this up as his position on the NRA changed in 2016 where he stated the NRA could no longer be electing Harry Reid in Nevada, who was busy smashing the NRA base in the NRA being a one issue organization. In addition, Mr. Gresham has challenged the NRA new outlook in selling insurance for profit and not focusing on defending gun rights.

2016 was a promise made for a national carry law. The NRA did not press the issue. The GOP which promised this as policy did not even attempt to pass it in Congress for the President who went silent on it. Two years were deliberately wasted and now it is gone, and the issue is moved to Republican states where they are making Constitutional carry a reality.

I have read the comments here of either you put up or shut up, as if the giving of money to a gun group is the solution, when they have proven they will not listen to the members. The few dollars I can afford, have not gone to national movements or parties. I have instead donated money, time and initiatives in supporting people who actually have restored rights to Americans. When was the last time anyone here invested the time to cultivate a relationship with the media, in radio, television, print or internet, so a pro firearms person was provided a friendly platform to not only get elected, but keep moving up higher to a governorship.
As an example, one of the main reasons western Minnesota, North and South Dakota have a network of pro gun, pro life, pro job political and civic leaders is because a man named Scott Hennen of Fargo put together a radio network which promotes the leadership which gains control over the machinery which restores rights.

Everyone here has purchased expensive lures which caught nothing but possum or skunk. When that happens, you stop giving that maker money and move on to what works. You are the gun lobby, not the NRA. It is easier to throw money at things and get nothing done. It takes skill to be a trapper and with conversation develop relationships with people who will help in the media and politics to implement the restoration of rights. It is public relations and takes time. The community organizers have taken control of the national mechanism, and that is why they are turning purple the Conservative states as they know that is the mechanism the founders installed to counter the federal.

If you have money for the NRA dues, then please send them, but as a member, get your name on a petition and get elected to the board, and then set the NRA in the direction which is the complaint posted again and again here, so that is responds to members and fulfills restoration of the Second.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517742
04/14/19 06:59 AM
04/14/19 06:59 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Life member here. I'm not happy with everything the NRA does, but they do more for my 2nd A rights than I can do just griping on my own.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517816
04/14/19 09:08 AM
04/14/19 09:08 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Putting aside specific legislation, politicians are greatly influenced by a single issue organization with that many dues paying members. It does tilt some votes toward our favor or at least towards neutrality in swing districts.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: AJE] #6517921
04/14/19 10:54 AM
04/14/19 10:54 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Here's another example of what the NRA does. They come out in favor of compromise, then try to retreat. If you look at the comments, it does support a reason why some NRA members have left them.

Re: NRA in trouble? [Re: Posco] #6518016
04/14/19 12:38 PM
04/14/19 12:38 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Posco

I can't speak to whether persons falsifying forms have been prosecuted or not but I agree with the "registry of gun owners" aspect of your post.

When a felon attempts to purchase a firearm it's supposed to be an automatic 5 year sentence... And the last time I read the statistics (NRA stats IIRC) it almost never happens. The felon is denied purchase of the weapon. But there is no follow up and resulting prosecution.

The NRA has long stood against new gun control legislation and instead has stated that we should be enforcing the laws we have... They are fine with the federal laws we have in place.

The NRA is not anti gun control... They are anti MORE gun control. They don't want us to move backward, but they sure don't seem to be about moving us forward.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread