No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Social Security [Re: Fisher Man] #6540508
05/19/19 06:05 PM
05/19/19 06:05 PM
New Mexico
C
Chamacat Offline
trapper
Chamacat  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico
Yep..At some time in your life..You Just gotta roll the dice...anything you do in life has odds...anything... laugh

I can catch them here...I can catch them ANYWHERE
Re: Social Security [Re: Fisher Man] #6540561
05/19/19 07:56 PM
05/19/19 07:56 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Another thing not factored into SS today is the Drs putting people on disability to avoid lawsuits. I worked until I was 58, then started having heart trouble coupled with brain seizures. Drs couldn't find out what the problem was right away so they put me on disability. I didn't feel too bad as I had paid into SS all my life, plus I had a 401k that helped out too. When a Dr finally did figure out the seizure thing, then I was put on seizure medication, and still determined unsafe to work around others. So, you can thank a lot of Drs and liability lawyers for folks on SS disability.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Social Security [Re: Fisher Man] #6540591
05/19/19 08:34 PM
05/19/19 08:34 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I know a guy that hauls Amish all over and he says the Amish and Mennonites pay income tax but no social security or medicare tax. Their church take care of their own. Also he says no one is too bad off to contribute, whether its whittling toys or breaking beans, everyone contributes in some way.

Re: Social Security [Re: Foxpaw] #6540649
05/19/19 09:29 PM
05/19/19 09:29 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I know a guy that hauls Amish all over and he says the Amish and Mennonites pay income tax but no social security or medicare tax. Their church take care of their own. Also he says no one is too bad off to contribute, whether its whittling toys or breaking beans, everyone contributes in some way.

A good friend is a Hoot yes it's a commune lifestyle but like everyone else they want the core things we all want really and a few bucks in their pockets too!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread