No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560161
06/21/19 11:16 PM
06/21/19 11:16 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Folks with heel spurs will be same no matter if we start something or not. And you can bet that no Trump, nor congressman or senator, will have to worry about their kid being delivered back to them in a bag.

Not a factual statement.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6560177
06/21/19 11:53 PM
06/21/19 11:53 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

Yet out own government strips us our rights little by little and people want to fight other countries. Our country is great because the people. Our government can go fight it's own wars.[/quote]

Our govt. Is consisted of who was voted in. Bad choices make bad decisions for us. On 911 did they attack our govt.? No, the attacked innocent people. Do you think it won't happen again? I hope not but I know a strong military is needed.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560199
06/22/19 01:30 AM
06/22/19 01:30 AM
wyoming/ILLINOIS
T
Timothy Offline
trapper
Timothy  Offline
trapper
T

wyoming/ILLINOIS
HobbieTrapper----I have words for your reply to my comments but it isn't allowed on this forum. You completely twisted what I was saying. And it sure as HE double hockey sticks ain't going to snow out my door any time soon.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6560215
06/22/19 05:51 AM
06/22/19 05:51 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by kyron4
It always amazes me how people talk of war like it's a football game , chanting USA with a foam finger drinking a beer . Even if we "win" we just create more enemies and the cycle continues for the next generation. You can be patriotic without falling for this trap, it's not about America kicking butt anymore when your loved one comes home in pieces .

Are the Japanese and Germans our enemies?

Are our soldiers drafted or do they sign up willingly?

Are they informed when they sign up what they are signing up for or are they told they are going to Disneyland?

It is a great strategy to stay at home and wait until the fight comes to you until you realize the enemy is all around you and you smell smoke.

In World War II we (the allies) defeated both German and Japan with total surrender and rebuilt those countries and others under the Marshall Plan. Lobbing a few cruise missiles from the gulf or drone attacks on chemical and weapon plants that turn out to really be schools and hospitals and calling it a day is not the same thing. Occupying a nation of religious radicals is not the same thing.

Yes, they sign up willingly, so can I stop thanking them for their service and giving them free lunches on veterans day and giving them discounts ? I mean I've worked in very dangerous heavy industry , where people were maimed and killed. It was a job I "signed up for", so thank me for my service too, right ? Everyone uses steel and aluminum, where's my discount ?

My daughter signed up to protect the constitution and defend America from all enemies foreign and domestic. NOT police the world or be a pawn in a political "game" or to boost the stock for corporations and so on. So to be clear, our track record of misinformation leading to war is not good; remember the WMD in Iraq ? Heck, even the Gulf of Tokin . What part is Israel playing in all this ? Not like you can fake proof of anything. Are we all done in Afghanistan and Iraq and ready for something new ? If so I'll let my nephew know he can come home.

So we should go ahead and invade China, Russia, and North Korea too ? I mean why wait, might as well make it a world war since everyone has forgot how great those are. Who is the enemy around me ? The people who are trying to take my rights away every day ? The meth heads that steal and rob ? the street gangs ?

I hope you all get your war, and enjoy the taste of ashes.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560233
06/22/19 07:21 AM
06/22/19 07:21 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Regime change without a massive military strike would be ideal but the MIC would not make $ from that and it is against international law. However if you go in militarily and kill millions of civilians and military, devastate the country, wind up with your own dead and maimed soldiers, international law is OK with that......definitely a screwed up situation. Simplest solution is a regime change in Iran that leaves the country with no muslim radicals in charge.

War is big business.....the lead up to Iraq 2.0 was a media propaganda campaign that worked. Phil Donahue had the #1 tv show at the time and questioned the lead up to war and he was cancelled immediately. Hopefully Mr. Trump keeps us out of a war while accomplishing what is best for the USA.

Last edited by Marty; 06/22/19 10:21 AM.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6560237
06/22/19 07:38 AM
06/22/19 07:38 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Liberals are scared of violence and don't want anyone to have guns. Muslims and illegals love violence and love guns. How do you s'pose this is going to come out?

Iran isn’t looking to invade. They’re looking for a way out of the sanctions. Best way to do that is emulate North Korea.

They're already here...

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: kyron4] #6560244
06/22/19 07:49 AM
06/22/19 07:49 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

[/quote]

[/quote]
I hope you don't mind when your family members are killed by imported terrorists.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560258
06/22/19 08:23 AM
06/22/19 08:23 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
[Linked Image]

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Gary Benson] #6560265
06/22/19 08:32 AM
06/22/19 08:32 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana

I hope you don't mind when your family members are killed by imported terrorists.

And a war with Iran will stop this from happening ? My family members have a higher chance of being killed by a text and drive millennial or a over medicated teenager with a shotgun than your "imported terrorists " or what ever boogeyman lives under your bed.

Isn't it time for you to go watch Red Dawn again ? Cause we all know the Soviets are going to invade and occupy the US. Wolverines !!!!!!!!!!!

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560279
06/22/19 08:56 AM
06/22/19 08:56 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I don't watch TV or movies. They're actors pretending to be somebody they're not.
911 was a boogeyman! Interesting. You go live in your liberal utopia.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560287
06/22/19 09:11 AM
06/22/19 09:11 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by kyron4

In World War II we (the allies) defeated both German and Japan with total surrender and rebuilt those countries and others under the Marshall Plan. Lobbing a few cruise missiles from the gulf or drone attacks on chemical and weapon plants that turn out to really be schools and hospitals and calling it a day is not the same thing. Occupying a nation of religious radicals is not the same thing.

Yes, they sign up willingly, so can I stop thanking them for their service and giving them free lunches on veterans day and giving them discounts ? I mean I've worked in very dangerous heavy industry , where people were maimed and killed. It was a job I "signed up for", so thank me for my service too, right ? Everyone uses steel and aluminum, where's my discount ?

My daughter signed up to protect the constitution and defend America from all enemies foreign and domestic. NOT police the world or be a pawn in a political "game" or to boost the stock for corporations and so on. So to be clear, our track record of misinformation leading to war is not good; remember the WMD in Iraq ? Heck, even the Gulf of Tokin . What part is Israel playing in all this ? Not like you can fake proof of anything. Are we all done in Afghanistan and Iraq and ready for something new ? If so I'll let my nephew know he can come home.

So we should go ahead and invade China, Russia, and North Korea too ? I mean why wait, might as well make it a world war since everyone has forgot how great those are. Who is the enemy around me ? The people who are trying to take my rights away every day ? The meth heads that steal and rob ? the street gangs ?

Why would we invade them? They have Nukes but have proven they can behave themselves for the most part. They aren’t promoting the extermination of any nations or its citizens.

Wonder where we would be if our military had told Thomas J to pack sand when he sent them after pirates half a world away, after all they weren’t bothering them.

I’m lost on the steel discount comment. Didn’t see anything in the quote that pertain to that.

-Goofy-
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: 52Carl] #6560290
06/22/19 09:26 AM
06/22/19 09:26 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by 52Carl

Energy independence means EVERYTHING. If the price of oil goes up for ANY reason, it benefits the US oil production.
OPEC has been keeping oil production at a level which keeps the price of a barrel of oil lower than what the US can extract it at a profitable level via fracking (which is expensive compared to just pumping it out of the ground as in OPEC countries). I believe fracking becomes profitable somewhere around $70 a barrel. Once the world price of a barrel of oil exceeds that price, our oil producers will be rolling in dough. We will then become an even bigger exporter of oil.

Pretty much accurate but you missed my point. What affect do you think 100-140 dollar oil will have on our economy ? Remember 2008 ????????

Mean As Nails
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: white17] #6560294
06/22/19 09:31 AM
06/22/19 09:31 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by 52Carl

Energy independence means EVERYTHING. If the price of oil goes up for ANY reason, it benefits the US oil production.
OPEC has been keeping oil production at a level which keeps the price of a barrel of oil lower than what the US can extract it at a profitable level via fracking (which is expensive compared to just pumping it out of the ground as in OPEC countries). I believe fracking becomes profitable somewhere around $70 a barrel. Once the world price of a barrel of oil exceeds that price, our oil producers will be rolling in dough. We will then become an even bigger exporter of oil.

Pretty much accurate but you missed my point. What affect do you think 100-140 dollar oil will have on our economy ? Remember 2008 ????????

Coon hides would sell again. laugh

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Marty] #6560303
06/22/19 09:52 AM
06/22/19 09:52 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Marty
Regime change without a massive military strike would be ideal but the MIC would not make $ from that and it is against international law. However if you go in militarily and kill millions of soldiers and military, devastate the country, wind up with your own dead and maimed soldiers, international law is OK with that......definitely a screwed up situation. Simplest solution is a regime change in Iran that leaves the country with no muslim radicals in charge.

War is big business.....the lead up to Iraq 2.0 was a media propaganda campaign that worked. Phil Donahue had the #1 tv show at the time and questioned the lead up to war and he was cancelled immediately. Hopefully Mr. Trump keeps us out of a war while accomplishing what is best for the USA.

Well said Marty.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6560327
06/22/19 10:53 AM
06/22/19 10:53 AM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by Marty
Regime change without a massive military strike would be ideal but the MIC would not make $ from that and it is against international law. However if you go in militarily and kill millions of soldiers and military, devastate the country, wind up with your own dead and maimed soldiers, international law is OK with that......definitely a screwed up situation. Simplest solution is a regime change in Iran that leaves the country with no muslim radicals in charge.

Well said Marty.

Mike

Here, here!!!

Ken, higher oil prices oil prices could surely have an effect on the economy but are you suggesting the short oil spike summer of 08 lead to the recessjon?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560332
06/22/19 10:59 AM
06/22/19 10:59 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
The one thing I'm concerned with and the question has already been posted earlier in this thread. Is that and why?: Are is Iran so trigger happy in picking a fight that is no doubt unwinnable? They know we have to reply in some form! It seems that they want us to reply with force? Why? We need to and have to reply! We can't let them continue to shoot our equipment, destroy oil tankers, commit acts of terror, nor attack other countries! It's simple!!!!! We have to stop them! But what is their strategy and logic in provoking us to wrath?

Figure that out 1st, come up with plan, then smoke the idiots! Don't act in haste.

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: foxkidd44] #6560334
06/22/19 11:02 AM
06/22/19 11:02 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
I'd like to know how bad Trump was about to mess them up before he called off attack.

I think he was on his way to ending them. Why did he call it off?

I'm so curious!

Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Steven 49er] #6560340
06/22/19 11:20 AM
06/22/19 11:20 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Here, here!!!

Ken, higher oil prices oil prices could surely have an effect on the economy but are you suggesting the short oil spike summer of 08 lead to the recessjon?

No. My point is than any increase in energy costs is a tax on society everywhere. Money spent putting gas in your car is money that can't be spent on other items. It certainly COULD cause a slowdown in the world economy if it lasted long enough.

The one thing that is usually true is that...the solution for high prices ( for anything) is high prices.

My reference to 2008 is that is when oil hit 143 a barrel.

Mean As Nails
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: brianmall] #6560346
06/22/19 11:34 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by brianmall
The one thing I'm concerned with and the question has already been posted earlier in this thread. Is that and why?: Are is Iran so trigger happy in picking a fight that is no doubt unwinnable? They know we have to reply in some form! It seems that they want us to reply with force? Why? We need to and have to reply! We can't let them continue to shoot our equipment, destroy oil tankers, commit acts of terror, nor attack other countries! It's simple!!!!! We have to stop them! But what is their strategy and logic in provoking us to wrath?

Figure that out 1st, come up with plan, then smoke the idiots! Don't act in haste.

If Trump doesn’t do anything about it, Iran is gonna step it up a notch and their next move won’t be so funny for you guys.

Cold as ice!
Re: go time in iran?? [Re: Gary Benson] #6560347
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
I don't watch TV or movies. They're actors pretending to be somebody they're not.
911 was a boogeyman! Interesting. You go live in your liberal utopia.

LOL If anything this has been entertaining to say the least. "liberal utopia " lmao ! oh man that's a good one. Spit my coffee on that one.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread