No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Open carry #6563081
06/26/19 10:17 PM
06/26/19 10:17 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Seen African American. With either a 9 mm or 40 on open carry holster in store. Didn't look like law enforcement, this last Friday nite at crappy conveince store, he didn't like me eye him, when wasn't looking am gave me dirty look, ppl like that got lot nerve though, if I was doing that, I expect be harresed an it be my luck at gunpoint by le, someone like his looks. Definately needs checked by le, I would never do that , go around open carry , I can see conceal carry but

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563082
06/26/19 10:26 PM
06/26/19 10:26 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I could not disagree with you more, coonman. If open carry is legal, everyone except felons, has the right to do so. I carry concealed most of the time to protect me and mine. I don't begrudge anyone else for carrying concealed or open.
As far as looks people give one and other, that is subjective isn't it? Maybe he wasn't fond of the hairy eye that you may have been giving him.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563088
06/26/19 10:36 PM
Ohio
W
WayOfLife Offline
trapper
WayOfLife  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
If you got it carry it however you're aloud! I dont mind the open carry. I worry more about the criminal that has his concealed. Sounds to me like the guy felt like he needed to keep an eye on the suspicious person glaring at him lol.

Last edited by WayOfLife; 06/26/19 10:39 PM.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563089
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
coonman, You should have walked up and thanked him for exercising his Second Amendment rights. I open carry everywhere I go (where legal), and people thank me all the time.

If you had been staring at me, I'd have very bluntly, asked you if there was something I could do for you.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Open carry [Re: 52Carl] #6563091
06/26/19 10:41 PM
06/26/19 10:41 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by 52Carl
I could not disagree with you more, coonman. If open carry is legal, everyone except felons, has the right to do so. I carry concealed most of the time to protect me and mine. I don't begrudge anyone else for carrying concealed or open.
As far as looks people give one and other, that is subjective isn't it? Maybe he wasn't fond of the hairy eye that you may have been giving him.

This.....

coonman, I have a difficult time trying to understand the way you articulate your thoughts anyway....maybe shorter sentences ?

Myself, I have always smiled at those whom I see are lawful carriers. They are your potential allies .....

Re: Open carry [Re: Sharon] #6563099
06/26/19 10:57 PM
06/26/19 10:57 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Sharon

This.....

coonman, I have a difficult time trying to understand the way you articulate your thoughts anyway....maybe shorter sentences ?

Myself, I have always smiled at those whom I see are lawful carriers. They are your potential allies .....

x3

Although I conceal carry I didn't mind open carrying. I always smile at those I see carrying (open or concealed). I know if it hits the fan there will be at least 2 lawful people who are carrying and hopefully both will deescalate the issue.

coonman, not sure where you are but here, there are a lot of undercover officers that you would never guess are LEO's.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563120
06/26/19 11:27 PM
06/26/19 11:27 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
LOL just LOL! whistle

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Open carry [Re: WayOfLife] #6563126
06/26/19 11:33 PM
06/26/19 11:33 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
That is my opinion , no I never say nothing, say thanks to him ! Ha ha , I don't think so, I.mind my own bussiness, I. Sure I was not only parnoud him , still though , u got have lot nerve. I wouldnt dare carry open, I not going to say what feel like if did, ur set urself up for harresment at least from Law enforcement. At least if was me , doing that, I know I would be harresed , I don't care aslong as he had permit an wasn't going start shoot ppl, include me.i just saying that he has lot nerve

Last edited by coonman220; 06/26/19 11:35 PM.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563132
06/27/19 12:21 AM
06/27/19 12:21 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by coonman220
Seen African American. With either a 9 mm or 40 on open carry holster in store. Didn't look like law enforcement, this last Friday nite at crappy conveince store, he didn't like me eye him, when wasn't looking am gave me dirty look, ppl like that got lot nerve though, if I was doing that, I expect be harresed an it be my luck at gunpoint by le, someone like his looks. Definately needs checked by le, I would never do that , go around open carry , I can see conceal carry but

That's why we need gun control. Keep them uppity coloreds in line, I tell you!

Before anyone blows a gasket that was said in jest to make a point. Many will miss it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563133
06/27/19 12:28 AM
06/27/19 12:28 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Bigoted much?

[Linked Image]
Re: Open carry [Re: warrior] #6563136
06/27/19 12:35 AM
06/27/19 12:35 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by warrior

That's why we need gun control. Keep them uppity coloreds in line, I tell you!

Before anyone blows a gasket that was said in jest to make a point. Many will miss it.

it is largely the history of gun control in the US. to" keep them colored folk in line" . "uncle Joe as the media calls him (Joe Biden) even plays right into it , when he suggests all a person needs is a good shotgun" practically strait from the mouth of the plantation owner and Klansman.

what gun control didn't come from the southern Democrat trying to hold onto their power in the south post civil war , is written in words borrowed from Adolf Hitler himself. gun control has killed more people world wide than died in the American civil war , and the soldiers killed in WWI and WWII combined.

liberty is a scary thing for many , but we need to suck it up and realize no list , no government agent can protect you. seeing everyone walking around with a securely holstered side arm should be the norm and not the exception.

a free country is a country where men and women carry everywhere freely open or concealed and with no government permission slip!

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Open carry [Re: Sharon] #6563146
06/27/19 01:04 AM
06/27/19 01:04 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Sharon

This.....

agreed! I've considered open carry myself. Though I can't lie, I do appreciate the weight in my pocket (I like them sticky holsters). Can't use those with girl pants though.. not enough pocket space. LOL

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563148
06/27/19 01:26 AM
06/27/19 01:26 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
That is my opinion , no I never say nothing, say thanks to him ! Ha ha , I don't think so, I.mind my own bussiness, I. Sure I was not only parnoud him , still though , u got have lot nerve. I wouldnt dare carry open, I not going to say what feel like if did, ur set urself up for harresment at least from Law enforcement. At least if was me , doing that, I know I would be harresed , I don't care aslong as he had permit an wasn't going start shoot ppl, include me.i just saying that he has lot nerve

I mean no disrespect or malice, but that is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever tried to read.

I open carry sometimes, not often, and have NEVER been harassed by law enforcement. Never even been asked to show my permit. Had a DNR officer tell me once he wished more hunters would carry. No one has ever stared at me or said anything to me when I have opened carried. I guess people who go to church have " lot nerve" exercising their freedom of religion too.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563169
06/27/19 06:12 AM
06/27/19 06:12 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Started carrying a 22 revolver during trapping season when I was about 13. Put it in my locker when I got to school. School frowned on carrying it to class. Got chewed out a few times for forgetting to take it off.

Got chewed out by a local cop once for going to the post office to get my mail . Had it under my bibs. ( no permits available back then was just illegal) Unzipped them when I went in and cop saw the gun. Let me know I wasn't supposed to carry in the post office (federal building) and concealed was a felony. Some cops would arrest me. So I thanked him got my mail and went home to do fur.

Went into a local convenience store that sits on the interstate wearing hip boots and covered in mud from coon trapping. Had on a camo jacket. Scared some Canadian tourists pretty bad. Guess they thought I was there to rob the place.

Now its being promoted for self defense. Even in Cities you are not likely to be questioned.

Coonman220 are you suggesting the lives of black men are not valuable enough for government to recognize their right of self defense?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563170
06/27/19 06:13 AM
06/27/19 06:13 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin

Were you staring at the bulge in his pocket like the incident with the Hispanic at the restaurant?

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563179
06/27/19 06:38 AM
06/27/19 06:38 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Isn't open carry still constitutionally legal in all 50 states?

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563182
06/27/19 06:45 AM
06/27/19 06:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yes Gary Benson but in many states its a felony. In spite of the constitution. Supremes for the last 80 years have refused to enforce "shall not be infringed". In Illinois they changed firearm owners license to firearm owners ID and made it mandatory. Crickets from those long black dress wearing jokesters that are charged with enforcing the constitution.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563183
06/27/19 06:47 AM
06/27/19 06:47 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
IMO, open carry during ordinary, day to day life is stupid, for a variety of reasons. I carry concealed every day. I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying for any reason. Why anyone would want to advertise the fact that they are armed is beyond my comprehension. To make some sort of stupid political statement? Because they can? For the attention?

Open carry while hunting or fishing is a different story.

Eh...wot?

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563189
06/27/19 06:58 AM
06/27/19 06:58 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Lugnut my son in law carries open. Says he is less likely to ever have to shoot somebody if they know he is armed. Yes it can easy be argued a tactical advantage is gained by concealed carry but like wearing seat belts who can say for sure? I have not seen where he gets attention for it. Same for the others I see open carry. In many states open carry is legal but concealed carry is not. Concealed carry requires permission from some faceless bureaucrat. Why would anyone agree to ask permission to exorcise a right? Carry open and stay legal instead.

Last edited by danny clifton; 06/27/19 06:58 AM.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563192
06/27/19 07:05 AM
06/27/19 07:05 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
I prefer to carry concealed. I'm not a fan of attention and prefer the element of surprise. But, open carry is a deterrent. Open carry doesn't bother me at all - although I have seen it only rarely.

The right of the people to keep (own) and bear (carry) arms shall not be infringed. Requiring only concealed carry is an infringement on carrying. Carry on.

-Ryan
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread