No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
An amazing light show. #6565939
07/01/19 11:39 AM
07/01/19 11:39 AM
WV
R
redsnow Offline OP
trapper
redsnow  Offline OP
trapper
R

WV
Guys, I'll tell you about the thunderstorms we had in this area Saturday night and Sunday morning. I honestly believe that it was the longest lasting storm that I've ever witnessed first hand, didn't get it see it all.

Saturday evening I was here at work and noticed dark clouds moving into the area off to the north and west. The sky was patchy with those dark clouds that just hung in place, seemed like they just weren't moving at all. Well, I locked the store up a little after 9 pm, and could see flashes of lightning north of town. I went home and ate supper, fed the dog and headed out to my girlfriend's house. She lives 30 miles west of here. Going out of town, the flashes of light just seemed constant, couldn't see the lightning yet, but it was just over the horizon.

Once I got out on the road you could tell there were two "cells" with this storm system. One area was off just about due north and the other a little bit west. Now I was doing the speed limit or a little better, and it seemed it was just hanging there. On out the road the flashes got to the point where they'd overpower my headlights on high beam. Almost like driving in daylight. Anyway, never had a drop of rain hit the windshield, it was about 10:30 when I parked the truck.

Girlfriend is working 12 hours on the evening shift, she got home at 11. The storm was still going strong, flash after flash. We walked outside a little after 11 just to watch and felt the first raindrops. Then we had a downpour, good sleeping weather. I got up around 3:30 to take a whiz, the rain was still pelting down, and you could see the flashes of lightning all around the house. A couple of them you could feel. Just before daylight, there were still flashes in the sky. All together that would have been 9 hours of lightning or better.

There were no water problems there, or here at the house. According to the dog's food pan, looks like we only had an inch of rain. Started getting reports of folks in different areas of over 5 inches during the storm. The storm just brushed by us, and it was just one big impressive light show. Some folks weren't as lucky and are still dealing with the water.

Re: An amazing light show. [Re: redsnow] #6629068
09/30/19 08:32 AM
09/30/19 08:32 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I am glad to hear that you got some rain. We finally got some rain in Page County, VA.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: An amazing light show. [Re: redsnow] #6629125
09/30/19 09:37 AM
09/30/19 09:37 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Love a good light show!
Glad all is well and y'all are safe.