No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
wood pellet basket in regular wood stove #6575579
07/17/19 12:20 PM
07/17/19 12:20 PM
KY
P
Pawbracelets7 Offline OP
trapper
Pawbracelets7  Offline OP
trapper
P

KY
I'm looking for advise and info on using a metal "basket" to hold wood pellets in a regular wood burning stove. I've read and watched some videos on this but I'd like some feedback from folks who've actually seen or used this method. I'm researching this for my elderly (80's) in-laws who have burnt firewood for 60+/- yrs and want to continue their independence and enjoy the benefits of wood heat. They're looking into a pellet stove but I came across this concept two days ago and wondered how it measured up temperature and use in comparison to conventional firewood or a pellet stove. Trying to find a cheaper and simpler route for them. Thanks for any help or opinions.

Darkness flees in the presence of light. Jesus Christ, lighting the way for over 2000 years.
Re: wood pellet basket in regular wood stove [Re: Pawbracelets7] #6575675
07/17/19 04:37 PM
07/17/19 04:37 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Not an expert, but, pellet stoves are made different from wood stoves, and I think the efficiency would suffer. Maybe in an emergency, but not for regular use.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread