No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
. #6576879
07/19/19 10:35 AM
07/19/19 10:35 AM
ny NOT (drop dead ny)
J
joepennanti Offline OP
trapper
joepennanti  Offline OP
trapper
J

ny NOT (drop dead ny)

Last edited by joepennanti; 08/01/19 06:41 AM.
Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: joepennanti] #6576891
07/19/19 10:44 AM
07/19/19 10:44 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Exconvicts need a job too.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: run] #6576917
07/19/19 11:18 AM
07/19/19 11:18 AM
Texas
S
SUMROW Offline
trapper
SUMROW  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
It's the same here in the lower 48. They just do a much better job of covering it up!

Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: joepennanti] #6576993
07/19/19 01:01 PM
07/19/19 01:01 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Remember......these are not sworn officers so to call them 'cops' is a bit excessive IMO.

The other part of the problem........an even bigger part I think, is the judicial system that refuses prosecutions, issues suspended sentences or probation, and no meaningful consequences. That would be "unfair" don't ya know ?

Years ago I sat in the room when the magistrate was here, holding court.

The first guy was charged with molesting his kids. There was no jury. The magistrate found him guilty and his wife begged for leniency because she worked and needed him to BABYSIT !! The guy got 30 days suspended sentence.

The next case was a guy who had shot his neighbor's dog as it was tearing through his trash can. This hardened criminal got 30 days in jail and 1 year probation.

I could tell you a few more but they are not suitable for the forum.

Mean As Nails
Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: white17] #6577048
07/19/19 02:08 PM
07/19/19 02:08 PM
Texas
S
SUMROW Offline
trapper
SUMROW  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
Yes Sunshine you're right.
I could also tell you about an Officer that shot his son in the leg because his son made him mad. Only to have all charges dropped because he claimed he was cleaning his pistol. Several other witnesses, two fellow Officers and his wife among them all changed their stories .
Or you may like to hear about the 68 year old drug dealer from down the road pulled over with three bricks of pot sitting on the back seat. Let out on bale and charges dropped due to lost evidence. His daughter is a judge one county over and guess who got their pot back.
I could go on with more but what's the point!!

Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: joepennanti] #6577074
07/19/19 03:09 PM
07/19/19 03:09 PM
Wyoming
H
Hobbs Offline
trapper
Hobbs  Offline
trapper
H

Wyoming
Convicts may make decent officers, if they have truly changed their ways. I have a very dear friend who made some bad choices as a young man and wound up in prison. I'll tell you right now, if I needed it, he would stop whatever he was doing and head my way even though he lives 3 states away, He is a good person and if no one would have given him a chance to be something other than a criminal then that's all he ever would have been. If everyone sees you as a certain thing, then after some time you start to believe it. He doesn't tell people about his past because so many will judge him for his past and not his present. While some crimes are irredeemable others are just people who made a bad choice. Don't judge a book by its cover, leave the judging to the Lord when the time comes.

It's a trappers life for me
Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: Hobbs] #6577082
07/19/19 03:42 PM
07/19/19 03:42 PM
Sharp Co. AR
R
RightWayFur Offline
trapper
RightWayFur  Offline
trapper
R

Sharp Co. AR
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Convicts may make decent officers, if they have truly changed their ways. I have a very dear friend who made some bad choices as a young man and wound up in prison. I'll tell you right now, if I needed it, he would stop whatever he was doing and head my way even though he lives 3 states away, He is a good person and if no one would have given him a chance to be something other than a criminal then that's all he ever would have been. If everyone sees you as a certain thing, then after some time you start to believe it. He doesn't tell people about his past because so many will judge him for his past and not his present. While some crimes are irredeemable others are just people who made a bad choice. Don't judge a book by its cover, leave the judging to the Lord when the time comes.

Re: These guys need more trapping, less crime [Re: RightWayFur] #6577225
07/19/19 08:13 PM
07/19/19 08:13 PM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
Originally Posted by RightWayFur
Originally Posted by Hobbs

And watch them close.

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread