Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What is the law for blaze orange while trapping [Re: lumberjack391] #6604878
08/28/19 01:02 PM
08/28/19 01:02 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Hoosier71, number 3 is a great point

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: What is the law for blaze orange while trapping [Re: lumberjack391] #6605492
08/29/19 11:16 AM
08/29/19 11:16 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Ever wonder if sneaking around doesn't attract attention as to why? If you are worried about thieves following you, sneak around and they will- the woods are full of orange wearing hunters that aren't worth following if you are wanting traps- they got none.

Ever wonder why someone would want to endanger themselves by pretending to be a target? Fact is someone will shoot at sound or obscured movement every season.

Re: What is the law for blaze orange while trapping [Re: lumberjack391] #6605699
08/29/19 05:37 PM
08/29/19 05:37 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline OP
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline OP
trapper
L

PA
Im not sneaking per say- just trying to be a little less obvious to the number of vehicles going 3 mph road hunting. As I stated earlier, I had a road hunter shoot my direction while wearing orange on my property. I more or less bridge hop, and there are countless road hunters out while Im trying to manage a line and Im never more than 75 yards from my vehicle-usually a lot closer. I can guarantee you I see them before they see me and Im not so worried about the guy up on the hill, chances are he heard my door slam and saw me get out of the vehicle.
I wear a hat during that time, and if I ever had to venture further in I would wear more. I was just wondering if I had to and the amount I had to wear.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91