No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Finally got mountain time #6602547
08/25/19 01:01 AM
08/25/19 01:01 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Had to go bury my uncle in a small mountain town today. Figured since I was there and haven't been in the mountains in almost 2 years I would also fish if I was feeling decent.

Spent roughly 4 hours alone steam fishing. It was very much needed.

Nailed this one right away. He was not hitting anything I switched up to a fly and nailed him. He was my only catch. Had a couple of nibbles but no dice.

Not sure why the photos are sideways.

[Linked Image]

Few miles up the stream
[Linked Image]

Last edited by adam m; 08/25/19 01:04 AM. Reason: Added text
Re: Finally got mountain time [Re: adam m] #6602554
08/25/19 02:09 AM
08/25/19 02:09 AM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
Sorry to hear of your loss. Know what that is all about. Some people fish their entire lives and never realize that they don't do it to catch fish.

Re: Finally got mountain time [Re: adam m] #6602589
08/25/19 07:04 AM
08/25/19 07:04 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Adam I'm sorry for your loss that's a tough deal for sure , but fishing a mtn creek helps heal holes in one's heart and soul while dealing with tragedy. Some of my most successful fishing trips I didn't catch a fish but soaked up some vitamin D and enjoyed the weather and the sounds of the creek flowing through the mountains.

Re: Finally got mountain time [Re: adam m] #6602709
08/25/19 10:18 AM
08/25/19 10:18 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Thanks rem and Allan.
Rem, exactly. It wasn't about fishing at all, it never is for me.

Allan, oh so very true. You should've seen how happy I was when I landed that rainbow. You would've thought I won the lotto lol. For me, it's unheard of for me not being in the mountains all the time. I was finally able to "breathe" my mind, heart and soul were rejuvenated to levels unheard of. I just hope the next time I'm in the mountains isn't as far away.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread