No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6603374
08/26/19 10:52 AM
08/26/19 10:52 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
“The NY SAFE Act prohibits possession of a magazine that has a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition regardless of when it was manufactured or when it was obtained. It also prohibits possession of a magazine if it is loaded with more than seven (7) rounds of ammunition, unless you are at a range”.
For you that say the government is coming after us if they make these restrictive laws, PLEASE TELL ME how this law worked in NewYork State. Did everybody turn in or destroy their high capacity magazines? Who is enforcing this law? How many people have been prosecuted? Is law enforcement pounding on doors to get these high capacity magazines and firearms?

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6603419
08/26/19 12:33 PM
08/26/19 12:33 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
“The NY SAFE Act prohibits possession of a magazine that has a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition regardless of when it was manufactured or when it was obtained. It also prohibits possession of a magazine if it is loaded with more than seven (7) rounds of ammunition, unless you are at a range”.
For you that say the government is coming after us if they make these restrictive laws, PLEASE TELL ME how this law worked in NewYork State. Did everybody turn in or destroy their high capacity magazines? Who is enforcing this law? How many people have been prosecuted? Is law enforcement pounding on doors to get these high capacity magazines and firearms?

I don't believe they ever intended for compliance. But they definitely intended to use it fully while doing other mundane law enforcement duties. Pulled over for speeding find a magazine, instant felony. Welfare check find eight rounds in, instant felony.
This combined with all the other new felonies invented each year will ultimately disarm and control anyone who dares act independent of government.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604343
08/27/19 04:54 PM
08/27/19 04:54 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I don't own, nor do I want to own, any semi-auto rifles. I have no use for one.
I feel better protecting my home with a shot gun-don't want a bullet passing through a wall and killing a family member and an intruder will not be on his feet if he takes a load of 7 1/2 shot from a few feet away.
Most of my big game hunting is done with a bow, and I use a .22 or side by side shotgun for small game and turkey.
I don't care if others who can pass a background check own semis. But, given the current environment, I certainly would not go out and buy such a rifle now.

I think the current craze of going out and buying 100 round mags and guns that fit what the government calls assault rifles, is unwise. But, this is American, we are all free to do as we wish. Ain't it great?[/quote]

Ah yes, the old saw "who really needs XXXX" as long as they don't come for my "sporting purpose" shotgun.

FYI, self defense with a street sweeper sawed off shotgun isn't really sporting purpose.

[/quote]

warrior, Read the type in bold above again. Or, have somebody read it to you and explain what it clearly says. I DON"T CARE IF OTHERS WHO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK OWN SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.
How can that be misinterpreted? I stated what weapons I feel I need to suit the use I have for them. I would never buy something I had no use for, especially when there a chance they will be illegal in the future.

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: gryhkl] #6604381
08/27/19 06:06 PM
08/27/19 06:06 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by gryhkl

How can that be misinterpreted? I stated what weapons I feel I need to suit the use I have for them. I would never buy something I had no use for, especially when there a chance they will be illegal in the future.

The only problem is they are not going to just stop with AR type of firearms. They eventually want them all and that bolt or lever action will be illegal. So mind as well not own any firearms since there is a chance they will all be confiscated or just make it too difficult to own them anyway.

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604407
08/27/19 06:41 PM
08/27/19 06:41 PM
South West Alabama
O
Ole Farte Offline
trapper
Ole Farte  Offline
trapper
O

South West Alabama
I agree 100% with gryhkl
I can see no reason for anyone not in the military, or on a police swat team to have a "AR" type gun.
I also disagree that, if controlled, that other guns would be next.
Also can see nothing wrong with back ground checks, OK, now ya'll can pile on.
God bless

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: Ole Farte] #6604409
08/27/19 06:44 PM
08/27/19 06:44 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Ole Farte
I agree 100% with gryhkl
I can see no reason for anyone not in the military, or on a police swat team to have a "AR" type gun.
God bless

Tell me this, does it stink where your head is?

[Linked Image]
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604411
08/27/19 06:46 PM
08/27/19 06:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ole Farte, how about you give an example of gun owners giving in to gun control measures where anti gun people were satisfied and quit trying to get more restrictions.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: Ole Farte] #6604417
08/27/19 06:59 PM
08/27/19 06:59 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
I agree 100% with gryhkl

You have zero clue what the second amendment is in there for.

Last edited by upstateNY; 08/27/19 07:25 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: Ole Farte] #6604422
08/27/19 07:09 PM
08/27/19 07:09 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I agree 100% with gryhkl
God bless

Well,for one thing,as I read this,thats not what gryhkl said.If you read the last paragraph he said he didn't care if others own a semi.I'm not going to comment on the rest of your writing because its ridiculous.But I will remind all of you when it comes to semi automatics they all shoot the same.I don't care if its a Remington 760 in a 30/06,or a Bushmaster in a .223,they all fire one trigger pull at a time.There's no way you can out law one type of semi automatic without banning them all.I don't own a "Black rifle"of any type,but I do own a Remington Model 11 12 gauge,a GI issue M-1 carbine,2 .22 Remington Nylon 66's,all semi automatic.The carbine,of which was sold on the civilian market by the millions by our own gov't,has been specifically mentioned in Assault weapon bans.This nonsense goes way beyond the current Black Rifle craze.There are millions of semi automatics going back to the 1920's that take box magazines. Some of you people better wake up and smell the coffee,fast.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: Ole Farte] #6604432
08/27/19 07:22 PM
08/27/19 07:22 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I agree 100% with gryhkl
God bless

I disagree with you. Lots of law-abiding shooters who like shooting ARs would disagree too. Shall we go along with banning some fellow outdoorsmen's sport because we like something else?

I've seen ads from antis referring to rifles like my scoped hunting rifles as "sniper rifles." What do you think they'll be talking about banning next, if not my "sniper rifles, as soon as some psychopath shoots up a crowd with one?

Or what will they try to do with shotguns, if those become the favorite weapons of deranged killers.

The gun-grabbers think the Second Amendment is just a relic. We should hold the line at ARs. The antis won't be satisfied until they've collected and destroyed all guns in private hands. (First, having required their registration to aid in rounding them up.)

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604435
08/27/19 07:25 PM
08/27/19 07:25 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Well said^^^^^^

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604448
08/27/19 07:45 PM
08/27/19 07:45 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Any gun bought through an FFL is already easily tracked down, so technically we have registration.

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604453
08/27/19 07:50 PM
08/27/19 07:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
if you think insta check hasn't created a registry of gun owners you better think again. yes I know its not supposed to happen but recording every phone call you make and email you send is supposed to be illegal too

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604461
08/27/19 08:06 PM
08/27/19 08:06 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
What about dryland conibears?

Because a few dogs get caught no one needs conibears.

What's next, snares?

Footholds?

Any trapper should understand what the antis are up to. For any trapper to say no one needs or they're okay with is asinine.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: warrior] #6604467
08/27/19 08:16 PM
08/27/19 08:16 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by warrior
I agree 100% with gryhkl
God bless

Tell me this, does it stink where your head is?

laugh

Report a post club - Non member

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604469
08/27/19 08:18 PM
08/27/19 08:18 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Here's how laws like are enforced in NJ.

NJ banned "assault weapons" and the definition of an assault weapon is very strange in NJ. When the law was passed in the 90's, everybody put their newly illegal guns in their gun safes and planned to get them out someday when they moved out of state. I know a guy who did just this. 20+ years later, his wife gets into an argument with her father and the father calls the police. Some sort of temporary order of protection is issued (which was lifted a few days later when the judge found out that dad had dementia and the daughter was his caregiver.)

The police show up at the son in law's house to remove all guns from the home and open his safes. 25 guns are sent to the state police to be inspected, 5 are found to be illegal. He waited 3 years to find out if he was going to be prosecuted and spend time in prison. In the end, he agreed to a plea deal where his guns were confiscated and he can never own a gun again - but no prison.

-Ryan
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: maintenanceguy] #6604474
08/27/19 08:28 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

NJ banned "assault weapons" and the definition of an assault weapon is very strange in NJ. When the law was passed in the 90's, everybody put their newly illegal guns in their gun safes and planned to get them out someday when they moved out of state. I know a guy who did just this. 20+ years later, his wife gets into an argument with her father and the father calls the police. Some sort of temporary order of protection is issued (which was lifted a few days later when the judge found out that dad had dementia and the daughter was his caregiver.)

The police show up at the son in law's house to remove all guns from the home and open his safes. 25 guns are sent to the state police to be inspected, 5 are found to be illegal. He waited 3 years to find out if he was going to be prosecuted and spend time in prison. In the end, he agreed to a plea deal where his guns were confiscated and he can never own a gun again - but no prison.

Reasonable gun control coming to a state near you!

[Linked Image]
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604475
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

Thats some serious gov overreach bs right there .

And libtards on here support red flag laws..................good example right here of what to expect

Last edited by AntiGov; 08/27/19 08:30 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604502
08/27/19 08:52 PM
08/27/19 08:52 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I thought it was the conservatards that support red-flag laws.

And now I feel all warm and fuzzy that we've at last found something to agree on: red-flag laws suck.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: AR dealers, collectors, owners [Re: James] #6604536
08/27/19 09:19 PM
08/27/19 09:19 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

trump likes red flag. what happens to gun laws if he is re-elected and doesn't need to keep gun owners happy?

the guy has spent his whole life in cities. other than work he golfs. that's it. never had to kill a coon in the chicken house or learn how to kill and butcher a hog. his world and our world are on opposite ends of the earth.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread