No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610021
09/05/19 08:27 AM
09/05/19 08:27 AM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Voting for a liberal is never a good idea!

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610023
09/05/19 08:30 AM
09/05/19 08:30 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Just wait until there dog and can become sick from letting wild go unchecked. What B.S.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610029
09/05/19 08:38 AM
09/05/19 08:38 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
These people could care less about wildlife management or control.Its all about control of us,they took it away from the common citizen and that's good enough for them.Diseased coons and coyotes,mountain lions everywhere,they don't care.If you think there's going to a turn around in thought and policy you're blowing smoke.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6610030
09/05/19 08:40 AM
09/05/19 08:40 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Online content
trapper
k snow  Online Content
trapper
K

east central WI
Exactly ^^

Their streets are filled with dead, dying and sick people. Animals overrunning their cities will make no difference. All that matters to them is there is no trapping any more.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610038
09/05/19 08:48 AM
09/05/19 08:48 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Look, myself included we can all whine and moan about CA or we can heed Muskrat's post advice. What can we do or are we doing to be proactive about ensuring our RIGHTS are forever maintained. Personally I am not shy about telling people i trap. I have brought in traps to work to show people who are on the fence. They like the toothless, offset jaws and shock springs and multiple swivels. One of my coworkers, a young lady even commented, "oh so it just holds the coyotes in place. Cool.". Small potatoes but that was one person who is now okay with trapping who was literally on the fence before.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610058
09/05/19 09:04 AM
09/05/19 09:04 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Dirty, personally I would not be I favor of giving up a check law. Give an inch they take a mile. Pretty soon Oregon will be like CA. And that will then trickle over to other states

Real name Eric

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Wild_Idaho] #6610060
09/05/19 09:10 AM
09/05/19 09:10 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
Look, myself included we can all whine and moan about CA or we can heed Muskrat's post advice. What can we do or are we doing to be proactive about ensuring our RIGHTS are forever maintained. Personally I am not shy about telling people i trap. I have brought in traps to work to show people who are on the fence. They like the toothless, offset jaws and shock springs and multiple swivels. One of my coworkers, a young lady even commented, "oh so it just holds the coyotes in place. Cool.". Small potatoes but that was one person who is now okay with trapping who was literally on the fence before.

I didn't realize we were whining and moaning, thought it was a conversation. So, what ideas do you and Muskrat have that the trappers in the other 49 can do to stop things in Cali?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610063
09/05/19 09:14 AM
09/05/19 09:14 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Not to detract from the OP's subject here, but the San Francisco City Counsel has labeled the NRA as a terrorist organization......as well.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610069
09/05/19 09:18 AM
09/05/19 09:18 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I don't know what thread you're following but I didn't see any whining or moaning going on here.I did read people commenting about it.Having said that what Muskrat said is dead nuts on,the only problem is we're talking to the choir,whether its trapping or hunting there seems to be a substantial amount of individuals who absolutely refuse to do anything to preserve this industry.Before I let them go I belonged to numerous outfits on Facebook(trapping)and the excuses were appalling.They can't do it in my state,nobody can tell me what to do,etc.On one when I mentioned BMP's I was about run off the page,being called a Hillary supporter,Soyboy,etc.What happened in California shouldn't have been a wake up call,we've had numerous other wake up calls.We all need to be as hardcore about our preserving as much as we care about our equipment and actual trapping.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Catch22] #6610071
09/05/19 09:20 AM
09/05/19 09:20 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Originally Posted by Catch22

I didn't realize we were whining and moaning, thought it was a conversation. So, what ideas do you and Muskrat have that the trappers in the other 49 can do to stop things in Cali?

This is your first post on this thread. So are you just trolling or are you willing to contribute to what should be a discussion of people who are all on the same side. I think we all need to stick together not fight one another. It's pretty clear if you read Muskrat's comments and my comment (if you read it) what ideas we have to help fight the anti mentality. I have volunteered to help set up trapping and dog release demos at dog hunt tests, especially since I both bird hunt and trap. As for what we can do to stop things in Cali? I'm not exactly sure Catch. I wish I had an answer to that and I don't. That state is going in a downward spiral. I'm open to ideas for us to all come together and try to stop the anti trapping mentality there though. Like I said. It will trickle over to other states if we aren't careful

Real name Eric

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610077
09/05/19 09:37 AM
09/05/19 09:37 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I don't troll Eric, I just noticed ( and I'm not the only one) that saying things like whining and moaning do the exact opposite of uniting. And yes of course I read your post lol. I agree that we need to be united and do what we can in our own States and maybe some around us. I bet most on here do in one way or another. As far as Cali, to me anyway she is lost and this Ohio boy ain't wasting my time with that mess.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610082
09/05/19 09:44 AM
09/05/19 09:44 AM
Wright county, Minnesota
Birch Tree Offline
trapper
Birch Tree  Offline
trapper

Wright county, Minnesota
If Commiefornia keeps going the way it is I forsee a big Plague epidemic coming that might wipe out 1/3 or more of it's population! The worst thing about Commiefornia is that they leave it to spread their sickness around the other states, Colorado and Montana, Oregon and Washington are prime examples of their illness taking hold of what was great states!

Mark Skokan, Buffalo MN.

MTA and NTA Member.
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Catch22] #6610086
09/05/19 09:51 AM
09/05/19 09:51 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Originally Posted by Catch22
I don't troll Eric, I just noticed ( and I'm not the only one) that saying things like whining and moaning do the exact opposite of uniting. And yes of course I read your post lol. I agree that we need to be united and do what we can in our own States and maybe some around us. I bet most on here do in one way or another. As far as Cali, to me anyway she is lost and this Ohio boy ain't wasting my time with that mess.

Yeah you are probably right. My post of saying we are whining and moaning (myself definitely included in that like I said originally), is probably doing the opposite of uniting. Some of what I'm reading is definitely "whining and moaning" though. Or who knows, maybe it's not. Hard to tell in writing when you don't have the voice inflection of people actually talking in front of you. It's possible I'm wrong. I've been wrong once before. In any case it's like you said, my nitpicking on that aspect of it isn't doing any of us any favors. But in my opinion not wasting your time on one state is a recipe for disaster. Like I said. I'm from Oregon, live in Idaho now. I am one of the first ones to think California is ridiculous in the laws they create and their overall mentality. But it's hard for me to justify turning my back on any trapper or trappers, no matter where they live.

Real name Eric

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610095
09/05/19 10:09 AM
09/05/19 10:09 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I realize it's hard, I feel for those trappers out there. Hopefully the ones that live close to other States, and can afford it can trap elsewhere. No one has given any ideas on what we can do out there, imo because there are none. It stinks on ice but sometimes you need to cut bait, for me personally, it's time.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610098
09/05/19 10:15 AM
09/05/19 10:15 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I can understand that. Trust me, I want to cut bait on that state. Most of that state is hopeless. Sure there's a few good people there. I just think with regards to trapping and hunting. When one state bans it, it never bodes well for other states. Maybe I'm overly sensitive being from a state where an influx of Cali types have moved to and living in another state that is dealing with the same issue.

Real name Eric

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Wild_Idaho] #6610101
09/05/19 10:23 AM
09/05/19 10:23 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I can understand that. Trust me, I want to cut bait on that state. Most of that state is hopeless. Sure there's a few good people there. I just think with regards to trapping and hunting. When one state bans it, it never bodes well for other states. Maybe I'm overly sensitive being from a state where an influx of Cali types have moved to and living in another state that is dealing with the same issue.

I don't think at all that you're over sensitive, that's reality, it's what is happening. I personally think we need some kind of game plan to stop the infection in the other States that hasn't taken full root yet, if that makes sense.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610115
09/05/19 10:52 AM
09/05/19 10:52 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Makes total sense to me. That's an infection that needs to be stopped for sure. And honestly I don't know how to stop it spreading. Californians tend to move places and take their ideals with them. Just the reality of it.

Real name Eric

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610161
09/05/19 12:26 PM
09/05/19 12:26 PM
Oregon
C
Catpincher Offline
trapper
Catpincher  Offline
trapper
C

Oregon
Maybe it is not really about banning all trapping but about adding more regulations to get more marks on people's records that would own guns. Catch a person speeding down a highway and they have a prior offence of say catching Coyotes and selling their pelts might make it easier to get a search warrant.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610252
09/05/19 05:11 PM
09/05/19 05:11 PM
Wyoming
T
thedude055 Offline
trapper
thedude055  Offline
trapper
T

Wyoming
I currently live in the wonderful state of Second California otherwise known as Washington. Cage only no gripping traps for animals. Not even moles technically. So California is actually less liberal than us in that light. That is dandy to know. I am moving in the next few weeks to Wyoming but there is a travesty going on the west coast here. Oregon folks need to continue to fight hard for what rights you got as your Governor will likely take them the first chance you give her.

Owner Wind River Trapping Supplies
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610324
09/05/19 06:43 PM
09/05/19 06:43 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Yes, our trapping laws in oregon are very nice compared to many other states in the union. However you are right our governor is trying to mimic cali to the letter -- she needs to go.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread