No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How much a Home Depot parking lot workers [Re: waggler] #6615015
09/12/19 08:08 AM
09/12/19 08:08 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Who killed the girl in Iowa last summer they finally found in the corn field........illegal farm worker

Who collects all the eggs at Rose Acre farms a half mile from Whiteman AFB - illegals

Who cuts up the chickens and catches all the birds for Tyson near Sedalia, MO - illegals

I would definitely guess around 50% of the farm labor jobs are carried out by illegals.....it does make me wonder why ICE does not do their job a bit more. It was what just a few weeks ago down in MS I think where they went in arrested like 300 illegals and then let like 200 go wasn't it.

Re: How much a Home Depot parking lot workers [Re: waggler] #6615029
09/12/19 08:26 AM
09/12/19 08:26 AM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY

Insightful post Bryce.

Re: How much a Home Depot parking lot workers [Re: Newt] #6615034
09/12/19 08:32 AM
09/12/19 08:32 AM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

sometimes PA sometimes ME
Originally Posted by Newt
Never seen one here.

Hey Newt, drive on up to Tubari, Ltd. in Passaic, NJ lots of day workers across the street at the Depot.

Re: How much a Home Depot parking lot workers [Re: waggler] #6615362
09/12/19 04:53 PM
09/12/19 04:53 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
I saw this post yesterday and was wondering where it was headed.

Just from my experience........ Flashback 30 years, most of the roofing crews were Anglos here in the mid-west. I had my roof replaced in the summer of 2000 and the crew was entirely Hispanic. The owner of the company, who was a friend of mine, said he can't find guys to work for him. The Hispanics were the only one that would roof and going rate was $10-12.50 an hour that they set. He trained and showed them how to properly shingle a roof.... Certainly not rocket science, but done correctly is brutal, backbreaking work. They NEVER missed a day and worked fast.

Later that year, the wife and I took a trip to California where everywhere we looked, we saw Hispanics working landscaping, building and roofing homes. Every lawn service's crew was entirely made up of Hispanic workers. Just out of curiosity we stopped at a model home that was was listed at three times a mid-west house would cost. When I asked about "Why all the Hispanic workers", the sales agent looked at me like I was crazy. "Do you know how much this house would cost if we hired Union people? This is the was California rolls", was his response.

Now, when everybody started complaining about Hispanics taking jobs back in 2000, I doubt if ANYONE would want a roofing job for $15.00 an hour, let alone $10-12.50! The jobs these people took were jobs that basically went "begging" with us "citizens". The jobs that Hispanics took are jobs that none of us would have worked.

When people complain about unions, WalMart, illegals, and the myriad of other current rants, remember that unions set a wage and working conditions, WalMart gave us cheap priced goods, but killed MADE IN AMERICA, and illegals... Well, they make us keep building and roofing homes, keeping our lawns manicured and yes, eating cheap chicken.

As Pogo said in the '50's... "We have met the enemy, and he is us!"

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread