No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Central SD warning #6660447
11/08/19 01:13 PM
11/08/19 01:13 PM
- SD -
B
brewer Offline OP
trapper
brewer  Offline OP
trapper
B

- SD -
This has been on the Highway Patrols Facebook but no news agency has picked it up yet. There's been at least two if not more instances of people getting boxed in by two vehicles in/around Pierre. There's not much for details, seems like rural roads in the dark. Stay safe out there. I have no other info, going trapping remote SD, going dark.

This is the gals FB post right before Halloween

"

I'm no usually one to post long novels on social media. I am also not one to post about things of this nature. but if sharing my story can help keep someone else safe. then I think it's worth telling.

I live in Harrold, South Dakota and was making my way into wvork this morning around 7am. I was turning off the road we live on onto Highway 34 to make my westward commute to Pierre.

It was still dark outside. the roads were practically desolate, and i had just snowed the night before- so the two Cadillac's that were ahead of me going on􀂍/ 50 mph in a 65 mph zone didn't raise any red flags at the time.

I made it about 1 o miles away from our farm when one of the Cadillac's pulled over on the side of the road and stopped. Consequently, I moved into the other lane and went around them and continued making my way to town. Once again, not a huge red flag.

After a minute. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that the Cadillac had gotten back on the road, leaving me sandwiched between the two vehicles. After a little while, the vehicle behind me started o flash heir high beams and get really dose to my bumper. It then started trailing behind and would repeat the process a few times. At one point it had completely shut off its lights and got close enough to me that couldn't see it's license plates.

While this was going on, I was on the phone with my t1usband. Nick. g· 1ing him a play-by-play1 of what was happening. We both chalked it up to the fact that the person driving this vehicle may very weil have been intoxicated. Although their behavior was dearly hazardous, more than anything I was just annoyed.

About 5 miles outside of Pierre, the vehicle in front of me began to ride the center line and slow down significantly. It was then that I noticed the vehicle behind me as trying to get around me. I assumed they were just tired of riding my bumper and were finally going to pass me.

As the vehicle behind me was coming up on my left side, it positioned itself to the point that it was parallel with my car. The vehicle in front of me began tapping its brakes and that's when my panic set in. They had boxed me in and were literally forcing me to slow down, giving me no option to get around them.

By this point, Nick was on high alert. He had hopped in his truck and was on his way o get me when he said "Jess you need to call 911. I'll be !here as soon as I can."

I dropped the phone into my lap and hit my brakes enough to give myself a little distance between the two vehicles. By this point both of the vehicles were ahead of me and had moved back into the right lane.

If I'm being candid. I am not one to thrive under pressure. I was in full panic mode, and I had no service. I was 2.5 miles away from our farm and 5 miles away from town. In my mind, I just wanted to get to a place where there were more people around as quickly as I could.

By this time, the vehicles had slowed down to about 25 mph (and were continuing to slow down) so I hit the gas and attempted to pass them on the left. When I pulled out into the left lane. both the vehicles in front of me immediately pulled into the center of the road and blocked me from passing.

I quickly realized that getting to town wasn’t an option and that my best bet would be to tum around and make my 25 mile trek back to the farm. So I slammed on my brakes and put the car in reverse. once again to distance myself. As I was in reverse, I saw that both the vehicles had also stopped and were now coming at me in reverse.

I knew it was not feasible (or smart) to drive backwards, so I flipped the car around and went as. fast as I could back to the farm. By this time I had 911 on the phone.

When the dispatcher asked where the two vehicles were. to my dismay. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that they were now following me back to the farm.

They followed me for what seemed like forever. By me time I was 15 miles out from our farm I could no longer see them, and to be honest, I'm not too keen on seeing them ever again.

I'm not sure what became of the two Cadillac"s. But what I do know is that I am so thankful for my husband for pushing me to share this story and the Pierre Police Department for keeping me calm throughout this experience.

I never thought something like this would happen in the small town of Pierre. South Dakota. And I most certainly never thought it would happen to me. I'm not looking for sympathy- I'm just really hoping that sharing my story might help shed some light on the fact that this can happen to anyone. at any time. anywhere.

I pray that none of you ever have to experience this. Please be cautious of your surroundings and don’t be afraid to speak up if something seems amiss."

Last edited by brewer; 11/08/19 01:25 PM.
Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660468
11/08/19 01:53 PM
11/08/19 01:53 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
CCW

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660473
11/08/19 02:01 PM
11/08/19 02:01 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
im a little skeptical. the numbers don't match, no cell service 5 miles from town, 10 miles from home then 2.5. lot tripe it looks like to me

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Central SD warning [Re: danny clifton] #6660502
11/08/19 02:49 PM
11/08/19 02:49 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
im a little skeptical. the numbers don't match, no cell service 5 miles from town, 10 miles from home then 2.5. lot tripe it looks like to me

X2.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660517
11/08/19 03:17 PM
11/08/19 03:17 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline
trapper
cohunt  Offline
trapper
C

revillo, sd
Two pickups , maybe or two cars but two Cadillacs????

Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660533
11/08/19 03:41 PM
11/08/19 03:41 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Scan facebook and you find something like this posted almost daily, seems like alot of BS typically.

Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660543
11/08/19 04:06 PM
11/08/19 04:06 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Just kids from the rez having fun, and I'm some alcohol is involved.

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Central SD warning [Re: brewer] #6660545
11/08/19 04:10 PM
11/08/19 04:10 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
I'm thinking and ol' pickup with h.d. bumpers , fast engine and could have some fun with them caddy's. Lol

Let me sugar coat this
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread