No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rabbit hunters adjusted my trap [Re: strike2x] #6706379
12/26/19 12:52 PM
12/26/19 12:52 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
I'm going up to get my 2020 CT Trapping license right now up at the DEEP Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Office, problem is I always got to look over my shoulder because there's a mixture of hunters, hikers/those into nature, and the occasional trapper, and we seem to get frowned upon the worst.

I agree about the comment with catch poles - but I don't - well, maybe a hunter who uses hounds ought to have one, or at least working knowledge of how traps work, but that will never happen because they feel they truly own it all as far as where their dogs can go - to the point where there was a guy who used to let his hounds loose in the cemetary and let them run wild and he truly felt there was nothing wrong with that, so I had to take some action on my own to put a stop to that quick, as my dog on a leash don't need to be attacked AGAIN.

I know for myself, I'm gonna make me one of those 4ft x 4ft boards with the notch, because that is cheap insurance - I'd rather make one and not need it - than not have one, and really need it bad.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Rabbit hunters adjusted my trap [Re: cci] #6706765
12/26/19 08:35 PM
12/26/19 08:35 PM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Originally Posted by cci
Why doesn't everybody have a catch pole. It should be required. It makes a release really easy.

Some Western States require a catch pole, I like the 5' one I have

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread