No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Paying for your own funeral [Re: kytrapper] #6707216
12/27/19 06:28 AM
12/27/19 06:28 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Life insurance works exactly when you need it and it is tax free.

Re: Paying for your own funeral [Re: kytrapper] #6707230
12/27/19 06:53 AM
12/27/19 06:53 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline OP
trapper
kytrapper  Offline OP
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
I won’t be surprised that in the future some sort of “ disposal of the body” benefit will be tacked on taxpayers to pay for their determent. If cremation can be done quickly fairly cheaply it’d amount to about an extra check after death. I see things now being done that we’re unheard of or preposterous 20 years ago being accepted without question.

Re: Paying for your own funeral [Re: kytrapper] #6707239
12/27/19 07:07 AM
12/27/19 07:07 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I see it a lot. I find it sad and irresponsible and not a little disingenuous.

We have a decent support circle if you will. Its easy to have such a circle when you do not have antisocial behaviour. The ones begging for money I tens to assume they were antisocial (drugs, anger...whatever)

Typically when someone dies my wife will provide most of the food. My sister in law provides flowers at actual cost and the venue of the memorial service is voluntary donation (can be $0)

Then many people will also bring a sympathy card with a little cash in it. By the end of it all almost everything is taken care of with the family not being out out very much and never having to beg from strangers.

Re: Paying for your own funeral [Re: Adiah007] #6707306
12/27/19 08:58 AM
12/27/19 08:58 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by Adiah007
As a former hospice social worker of 12 plus years, and the other ten as as an Alzheimer’s director, I found it amazing the people who have no clue the actual cost of a funeral as well as the fact most are nationally owned now. My family ran the local funeral home for over 75 years I might add as well. Few take payment plans unless they are local or know the family. Some won’t even pick up a body without a check. I often had to explain you can’t repo a funeral so they demand payment prior to service. 1500 to 3500 just for cremation. 7k for funeral service or more depending on actual service. I have no way at my age to “prepare for a funeral” other than life insurance which I have. I don’t want my family to bear the burden. I am not saying that a go fund me is the answer but for most they have spent the majority of their money on medical expenses, spend down to afford a nursing home etc. or cashing in policies as they need the money to keep the electric on just to prepare to die. Local trustees have very minimal to offer as well to help. Unfortunately not all make a fortune trapping apparently like some on here must. It is funny how humbling figuring out how to pay for your death becomes when a person is fighting for their life. I know I buried my first wife at the age of 31 due to a fight with lupus. Before one judges maybe consider the circumstances.

Run the Funeral home and work in Hospice isn't that a conflict of interest? Ask James

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Paying for your own funeral [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6707580
12/27/19 02:07 PM
12/27/19 02:07 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY