No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Hawbaker's Water Set 300 lure #6706496
12/26/19 03:29 PM
12/26/19 03:29 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline OP
trapper
Kart29  Offline OP
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
My son has a bottle of Hawbaker's Water Set 300 that was given to him by someone who shall not be named. At first, we thought it must be a beaver, muskrat, or coon lure. But it turns out it is a predator lure

We've used it and caught coyotes with it. I'd like to use some more of it but my regular sources don't seem to carry it although it seems readily available.. I wonder why it's not very popular.

Have any of you guys ever used it? What were your experiences with it?

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Hawbaker's Water Set 300 lure [Re: Kart29] #6706505
12/26/19 03:42 PM
12/26/19 03:42 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I've never used it,but I'm wondering about the name its labeled under.Most guys today probably think like you did,its a lure for water animals.Apparently this is an old time lure from when the water set for fox was still popular,and that was some time ago.I looked at Minnesota trapline products because they seem to carry everything and They don't list it.Then I went to Sterling Fur who owns Hawbakers and found it still listed.I used a lot of Hawbakers years ago and don't recall this one.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Hawbaker's Water Set 300 lure [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6706566
12/26/19 05:11 PM
12/26/19 05:11 PM
orwigsburg, pa
J
john epler Offline
trapper
john epler  Offline
trapper
J

orwigsburg, pa
We still have some of this lure in our shop for sale. When Hawbaker named this lure water set the average fox trapper knew what a water set for canines was. Today it is mostly misunderstood. This was developed for fox in lowland situations as there is muskrat glands in the mix. It was in my opinion the best fox lure Hawbaker made for both lowland and upland situations. Most of the old timers that used it are gone now. This lure has not been made for several years and the supply that is out there is getting limited. John

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread