No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: shotgun for yotes [Re: AKAjust] #6745807
01/26/20 08:38 PM
01/26/20 08:38 PM
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

North central Iowa
Though my sp10 magnum I like 00 buck.

Re: shotgun for yotes [Re: AKAjust] #6746256
01/27/20 02:09 AM
01/27/20 02:09 AM
Ridgefield, WA
B
Bearguy Offline
trapper
Bearguy  Offline
trapper
B

Ridgefield, WA
A friend of mine's son does aerial gunning for the government. They were required years ago to switch to steel shot. He said it worked surprisingly well, because it didn't deform and flatten out. The steel didn't wad up with the hair, and instead cut through the hair and then had good penetration. I haven't talked to him in years, and have no idea if his opinion or choice of ammo has changed.

All you "Woke" people need to go back to sleep!
Re: shotgun for yotes [Re: coloradocat] #6746279
01/27/20 06:13 AM
01/27/20 06:13 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted by coloradocat
Im on the last of my Hevi-Shot Dead coyote I bought years ago. Love the stuff, just cant afford to shoot it anymore. Bought a couple of cases of the Hornady BB from Les Johnson and shoots as well out of my shotgun. #4 buck if in 3" and not 2 3/4.

Im a firm believer in your missing coyotes if you dont have a shotgun on stand, plus its cool as heck to shotgun them. And yes, you still miss with a shotgun.

big rush when theyre running at you full bore

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread