No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ice fishing trout lures [Re: mudtracker] #6775604
02/18/20 10:06 PM
02/18/20 10:06 PM
Priest River, Idaho USA
S
SundanceMtnMan Offline
trapper
SundanceMtnMan  Offline
trapper
S

Priest River, Idaho USA
You can't use live bait anywhere in Idaho. You just have to figure out something else.

"They Say Nothing is Impossible,
But, I Do Nothing Every Day."
Re: Ice fishing trout lures [Re: SundanceMtnMan] #6775615
02/18/20 10:19 PM
02/18/20 10:19 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan
You can't use live bait anywhere in Idaho. You just have to figure out something else.

Are you serious.? I have Nevah heard of such a thing. Here in NH...we have “Trout Ponds” that are off limits to ice fishing...that season is from the 4th Saturday in April - and closes Oct 15. Then we have Fly Fishing only ponds... But there are plenty of waters to catch trout through the ice. We can use smelt ,shiners ,tip up suckers with a single hook only. Dang smelt are almost a buck a piece....10.00 gets you a dozen.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Ice fishing trout lures [Re: mudtracker] #6775631
02/18/20 10:28 PM
02/18/20 10:28 PM
ontario, canada
O
old243 Offline
trapper
old243  Offline
trapper
O

ontario, canada
Cook up some pot barley, drain , stir in some Dr juice liquid trout oil, while it is still hot. . . I use it for lake trout but would likely work for rainbows. Keep dropping a few bits down regularly. The white will attract them , as they sink, , as well as the oil in the water column. I use a minnow on bottom mostly but anywhere in the water column will work. You could try some on a small hook. You can keep it in the freezer between fishing trips. Take a plastic spoon to dip it out , it is oily.. Good luck old243

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread