No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How is this racist? [Re: MNCedar] #6786343
02/28/20 02:26 PM
02/28/20 02:26 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by MNCedar
Originally Posted by scotts

Strange how you focus only on the responses that say an inanimate object cannot be racist while completely ignoring the responses that directly address the challenge you issued. At the top of page 4 KenaiKid gives an excellent response, yet you ignore it. There are also a couple of strong points on page 2 such as Mike in a Town's comment about a KC Royals hat. Again, crickets. So, how about a response to these comments that "Make a few points, use logic, etc."

I too have long wondered how the MAGA slogan is racist. Some posters on this thread have done a very good job explaining how it could be construed that way. This thread is also full of reasons why it is not. This whole thing boils down to whether or not you believe the following statement: One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

KenaiKid addressed me by the wrong name, misquoted me, added a word I did not say, and omitted the rest of my post that gave context. I did respond briefly to that, but I'm not going to reward that behavior with a response. The rest of his post was well thought out.

The KC Royals are not the current political administration nor are they campaigning for office. The Royals hat does not represent an ideology that is controversial in current politics. I did not respond to this because I did not see it as a viable comparison. No offense to anyone involved.

You stated yourself that the issues with MAGA lie in the way it is construed and there is logical reasoning for both sides. Well said. That was my whole point.

Why don't you cut through and instead of using the Socratic method of conversing, like another on here, and just spill man? How bout that?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786409
02/28/20 03:08 PM
02/28/20 03:08 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It's Trump's slogan. It would be sensible to look at his policies over the last 3 years instead of looking at it in a historical context.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: How is this racist? [Re: MNCedar] #6786447
02/28/20 03:38 PM
02/28/20 03:38 PM
Minnesota
S
scotts Offline
trapper
scotts  Offline
trapper
S

Minnesota
Originally Posted by MNCedar
Originally Posted by scotts

Strange how you focus only on the responses that say an inanimate object cannot be racist while completely ignoring the responses that directly address the challenge you issued. At the top of page 4 KenaiKid gives an excellent response, yet you ignore it. There are also a couple of strong points on page 2 such as Mike in a Town's comment about a KC Royals hat. Again, crickets. So, how about a response to these comments that "Make a few points, use logic, etc."

I too have long wondered how the MAGA slogan is racist. Some posters on this thread have done a very good job explaining how it could be construed that way. This thread is also full of reasons why it is not. This whole thing boils down to whether or not you believe the following statement: One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

KenaiKid addressed me by the wrong name, misquoted me, added a word I did not say, and omitted the rest of my post that gave context. I did respond briefly to that, but I'm not going to reward that behavior with a response. The rest of his post was well thought out.

The KC Royals are not the current political administration nor are they campaigning for office. The Royals hat does not represent an ideology that is controversial in current politics. I did not respond to this because I did not see it as a viable comparison. No offense to anyone involved.

You stated yourself that the issues with MAGA lie in the way it is construed and there is logical reasoning for both sides. Well said. That was my whole point.

Am I being Punk'd here? Is that what's going on?

This response starts with a list complaints to explain why a response will not be given and end by committing the same sins.

In your last paragraph you paraphrased a portion of my post in your own words which is to say you misquoted me and omitted the rest of my post that gave context. You also added multiple words I did not say.

Now I have to go watch that scene from the Princess Bride with the Sicilian and the iocane powder. A truly stunning intellect.

Well played sir. Well played.

Last edited by scotts; 02/28/20 03:39 PM.
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786495
02/28/20 04:15 PM
02/28/20 04:15 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
grin

Eh...wot?

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Boco] #6786562
02/28/20 05:06 PM
02/28/20 05:06 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Boco
Its not rocket science.In the past america was racist.
The hat says that the past was great and they want to go back to that racist past.The hat doesnt implicitly state that but that is the extrapolation of how people who were victims of racism see the past.
That is how some people read it.

So,,then anyone wearing the hat is racist simply by acusation.That means anyone is automatically guilty of something just because someone accused them of it.Thats not how its supposed to work.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786651
02/28/20 06:24 PM
02/28/20 06:24 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
Go ask a non-white republican if MAGA is racially offensive and they will most likely tell you no. Ask a non-white democrat and they will most likely say yes.

It all amounts to nothing more than partisan bullship!

ol'dad

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Boco] #6786723
02/28/20 07:19 PM
02/28/20 07:19 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
Most here cant understand why people with a different negative past life experience dont think or see the world like they do.They want things to change not go back to a time that was hurtful to their parents and grandparents.Thats how they see it and it is not wrong for them.They will never see things the same way that we see it.
To tell people who live a different reality than you,how they should see and interpret things is arrogant to say the least.

Actually, most here are sick and tired of others trying to control us via their feelings and emotions. It is actually arrogant for one to expect everyone else then to conform with their own views, experiences and opinions...based upon who knows what. Stop living as a victim based the "hurtful times" of our predecessors.

It is a freaking political slogan...not a racist creed.

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786768
02/28/20 07:54 PM
02/28/20 07:54 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin
"Black is beautiful, White is wonderful.......... Gray is kinda' nice too"

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786886
02/28/20 08:51 PM
02/28/20 08:51 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Every body is entitled to their own opinions. They are not entitled to their own facts.
America is the greatest nation to have ever been on this planet, That is a fact based upon the amount of good she (is that sexist?)has done for people at home and abroad. We as a nation have stopped tyranny and liberated Millions of people, . We have raised Millions of people from poverty at home and abroad. We have supplied the tools and knowledge for Millions of people to feed themselves. We have been on the front lines in fighting and eradicating horrible diseases. It is a FACT that most of the people on this planet have ancestors that were slaves. It is a FACT that the slaves that were sold into slavery were captured and sold by members of their own race. It is a FACT that a train load of Americans have bled and died for FREEDOM not just for themselves but for millions of people they would never know. The hat is not racist nor is the slogan. America has been in a slump for a few decades now. She has been there before and it is time for the pendulum to swing the other way. I believe it was Biden that said “they want to put you back in chains “ while addressing a primarily black audience. That is pretty rich seeing as he is one of the most prominent members of the party of slavery. The Democrats founded the KKK
and were the staunchest supporters of segregation. As was stated before the race card is the only one they have left to play. What’s next? Is butter racist? After all it’s almost white and comes from cows that are kept against their will.

MAGA!!

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786901
02/28/20 09:02 PM
02/28/20 09:02 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Some people need to here this other all ready know.

I can not control how others react nor what they perceive as offensive. I can only control how I react. In today's society a lot of people are into finding the smallest thing so they can be outraged over it. Any slight real or imagined it dose not matter. Normally those outraged the most, screaming for tolerance, and claim victim status are in my experience the least tolerant, most hate filled group of people. They tend to lean left but not alway.

I don't understand getting offended? In order to get offended two criteria must be met. 1 I have to respect someone's enought that their opinion matters to me. 2 they have to be relevant to my life. No one seeking to offend me meets both.

A Make America great again hat racist because of slavery in our past. Lol sure. I will wager very few Americans can name a relative that was a slave. They are just wanting an excuse to be a victim and complain. Bad thing have happened in our past and will in our future. It's up to us to react keep it to gather and overcome the obstacles. We can do that better working together than fighting.

It's up to me to take care of myself and family. It's not the government's job to cloth, feed, house,or educate me or my children. We are guaranteed the right to life liberty and pursuit of happiness. But it's up to us to achieve it's not guarantee. Besides without finding a relationship with Jesus I dare to say you will never truly know happiness.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/28/20 09:13 PM.
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786960
02/28/20 09:45 PM
Kiel,Wisconsin
H
Hatchetman Offline
trapper
Hatchetman  Offline
trapper
H

Kiel,Wisconsin
I always liked wearing my MAGA hat but I do like running water and flush toilets so i guess i shouldn't be wearing it...???

Re: How is this racist? [Re: gryhkl] #6786961
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Everything in the country has become political and many people look to point fingers at anyone who does not see everything as they do.
The MAGA hat is simply a pro-trump hat and is viewed the same as a campaign poster. I see nothing racist about it.
If somebody wore a hat that said vote for bernie, or dump trump, many from the other team would be crying and finding fault with it.

Too many Americans look for any reason to hate other Americans. The divisiveness is bringing us down.

Well, you will never kill a thread with that attitude. smile
As much as it may well pain me, I have to agree with this post in its entirety.
Why? because I recognize the truth when I see it, regardless of its source.

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786978
02/28/20 09:56 PM
02/28/20 09:56 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Hey Boco,
How about Making America Great Again like when Americans who were of African heritage had more 2-parent households than Whites per capita?
Democrats destroyed the black family with their "vote for me and I'll give you everything for free as long as the father does not live in your house"
This policy may not have been designed to break up the black family, but it certainly did. These days, I have to wonder if the Democrats are proud of how successful breaking up the black family was in garnering such a high percentage of the black vote.
That Hat and what it represents is a better America for EVERYONE.

Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786981
02/28/20 09:57 PM
02/28/20 09:57 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
Holy crap! Grykyl and 52carl are agreeing on something. See it's possible this country can be reunited

Re: How is this racist? [Re: 52Carl] #6786991
02/28/20 10:02 PM
02/28/20 10:02 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
That is a racist statement 52 carl--stereotyping blacks as the only ones having their families affected by the dumbocrats free stuff policy.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: How is this racist? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6786995
02/28/20 10:06 PM
02/28/20 10:06 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Some people just cant handle freedom. The problem is they can not believe anyone else can either.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread