No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Coronavirus? #6809140
03/19/20 09:42 PM
03/19/20 09:42 PM
New York
P
proratman Offline OP
trapper
proratman  Offline OP
trapper
P

New York
Does anyone else one here believe that they may have already had the virus? Back in December, I had all of the symptoms of CoronaVirus. I had a fever on 100.4 for a full week. I did not have any sneezing or runny nose. Just a dry cough from deep within that totally exhausted me. The bad cough went on for around three weeks. I had to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth all night. And also a cough drop all day long. I lost my sense of taste from all of the cough drops. I went to the doctor after five days and still had the fever of 100.4. He was convinced that I had pneumonia because of the prolonged fever and sent me for a chest x-ray. The results came back negative. It took a full month to recover. I have talked to a few other indivivuals who told me the same story. Consider this, when A.I.D.S. was first diagnosed, it had been misdiagnosed for well over a year. Does anyone else have a similar story?

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6809150
03/19/20 09:50 PM
03/19/20 09:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
toward the end of January I got a cold. Felt like sawdust in my lungs, hard to cough up anything, had a fever for a couple days of it and a sore throat. Lasted about a week and a half. Probably was just a cold but who knows

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6809166
03/19/20 10:01 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I know several who already had it at the end of january begining of feb . They said it lasted longer than the flu . Lingered for three weeks .Some even went to the doctor and were tested for bronchitis. Negative and sent home as some sort of flu

It only became a crisis recently when it was named and a later a test finally became available .

Just hyped up bs imo

Last edited by AntiGov; 03/19/20 10:05 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6809168
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Everyone at my work had all the symptoms in January. I have like 3 videos on my YouTube channel where I sound like it. Almost a cross between the flu and a cold. Body aches and fever like the flu, and sore throat and deep cough like a bad cold. Almost like bronchitis but not as bad.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6809232
03/19/20 10:39 PM
03/19/20 10:39 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
A cup of thuja occidentalis tea a day will keep you from getting bad flu or colds.
I take mine with a spoon of maple syrup.

Last edited by Boco; 03/19/20 10:41 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6809360
03/20/20 12:29 AM
03/20/20 12:29 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Interesting to think. A friend from Minnesota called me this week. She had a persistent dry cough. She told me she had thr flu bug and got over it in about a week but that this cough had hung on for 6 weeks now. In hindsight, that put her illness to be the end if January. Her mother is Chinese which makes my friend half. The only reason that might be relevant is that perhaps a relative had been back home for the holidays.

File that under things that make you go hmmmm.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811917
03/21/20 08:47 PM
03/21/20 08:47 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Yup. Cough, fever, body ache, fatigue. Early January. Couldn't get enough Throat Coat and Ricola for three weeks. Which is weird since I'm usually over most bugs in under a week.

https://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/products/throat-coat/

https://www.ricola.com/en-us/products/original-natural-herb-(sugar-and-sugar-free)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811923
03/21/20 08:56 PM
03/21/20 08:56 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
My son had the same. Went to ER twice and both times swabbed for the flu and came back negative.
But according to a nurse and respiratory therapist, these symptoms are like nothing they’ve ever seen. By the time they know what it is it’s almost to late. Perfectly healthy 30-50 year olds are getting it now and end up on ventilators. They are having to invert patients to keep their lungs from filling up with fluid. Pretty sure none of y’all had it...
Our healthcare workers are the ones starting to get it now.

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811948
03/21/20 09:15 PM
03/21/20 09:15 PM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
Longs filling with fluid? Doesn't that make it pneumonia?

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811957
03/21/20 09:22 PM
03/21/20 09:22 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Originally Posted by proratman
Does anyone else one here believe that they may have already had the virus? Back in December, I had all of the symptoms of CoronaVirus. I had a fever on 100.4 for a full week. I did not have any sneezing or runny nose. Just a dry cough from deep within that totally exhausted me. The bad cough went on for around three weeks. I had to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth all night. And also a cough drop all day long. I lost my sense of taste from all of the cough drops. I went to the doctor after five days and still had the fever of 100.4. He was convinced that I had pneumonia because of the prolonged fever and sent me for a chest x-ray. The results came back negative. It took a full month to recover. I have talked to a few other indivivuals who told me the same story. Consider this, when A.I.D.S. was first diagnosed, it had been misdiagnosed for well over a year. Does anyone else have a similar story?

You are in New York. Elmhurt borough in Queens is a hot spot, it is a Chinese enclave. There was a constant stream of Chinese traveling to Wuhan into New York for all of last year. This virus was suspected in China before it was officially confirmed.
Officially, there have been numbers of people who have been infected with the S strain, which is milder than the L strain, who do not show positive on the RNA tests of the nasal swab. There are 5 proven strains of this virus in circulation. The West Coast has the Wuhan. The East Coast has both the Wuhan and the Italian, which is even more of a problem.
There are hundreds of thousands of Chinese students in American colleges. They went home for the New Lunar Year and they were back into the United States, before the world figured out this was spreading.

Your experience is not limited. I have heard the same symptoms from others wondering what they had. Just continue to be careful, but be thankful if you caught this, you are probably done with it. "Only" 15% of the S strain end up on ventilators. It has to do with the ACE2 cells in the lungs which become infected and then the white blood cell reaction of defense which is what causes the fluid build up, oxygen can not transfer to the blood and people need to be placed on ventilators.

The information coming out is like trapping in reading sign. Things are off in this, as Colorado switched in San Miguel County to a blood test, which takes 2 days. That makes zero sense unless the nasal swabs are not showing a positive or they are harvesting the virus, The virus in Colorado is infecting infants. The CDC is pointing to 40% of the patients are 20 to 50 years old now as the Italian strain appears.

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811966
03/21/20 09:32 PM
03/21/20 09:32 PM
Minnesota
S
scotts Offline
trapper
scotts  Offline
trapper
S

Minnesota
Starflakes, good post. I had heard about the s and l strains, did not know they were up to 5 strains. Do you by chance know if the virus in Colorado infecting infants is one of the known strains or is it something new?

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6811972
03/21/20 09:35 PM
03/21/20 09:35 PM
Brazil Indiana
H
harrison72 Offline
trapper
harrison72  Offline
trapper
H

Brazil Indiana
Starting around January 15, I got a soar throat,bad cough and a little fever, I was sick for 5 WEEKS!

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6812058
03/21/20 10:36 PM
03/21/20 10:36 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
I had the symptoms two weeks before Christmas 2019
I thought it was a bad cold, coughed constantly

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6812103
03/21/20 11:12 PM
03/21/20 11:12 PM
va
P
pudge Offline
trapper
pudge  Offline
trapper
P

va
Originally Posted by proratman

Yep, exact same thing through January. The same symptoms progressed through the whole family. After the 4th week I went to the dr. and got penicillin, after taking it for 10 days cough cleared up. Being self employed taking off was not an option, just powered through it. That was rough. The guys that help me never got sick. I too have wondered if it was the C Virus.

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: DelawareRob] #6812116
03/21/20 11:18 PM
03/21/20 11:18 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
When the panic is over it may be very wise to blood test millions of Americans to find out how many of us may have contracted the disease and showed little to no real symptoms. That could go a long way in working to find vaccines or other antigen type drugs to combat future infections worldwide.

Bryce

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6812237
03/22/20 01:16 AM
03/22/20 01:16 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Was sick cold flu in early mid Jan big time. Most cough drops I csn rember, never had flu shot, been feel good While, maybe there different strains or strengths of viris, depend what kind strain u run into, only place I concerned catch it now is at morning pt factory job, always ppl sick there, fithly hole in ground.

Re: Coronavirus? [Re: proratman] #6812341
03/22/20 07:33 AM
03/22/20 07:33 AM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
Same thing went through our house and oldest son had a fever for 5 days.
Youngest son and daughter had a fever but only a day or so.
Youngest went and got a flu test, negative. Took weeks to get
over the chest congestion.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread