No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812213
03/22/20 12:26 AM
03/22/20 12:26 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I seen on the news tonight that people are being scammed left and right,and a lot of companys are being hacked because people working from home on their own computers are vulnerable.
Somebodys already making big money on this debaucle.
I bet lots of the government gravy meant for people who need it will be diverted all over the world to the scammers.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812236
03/22/20 01:13 AM
03/22/20 01:13 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
The title of this thread is Corona over hyped. I guess we'll see who is right and who eats crow in a couple weeks. I know I have changed my mind in the last two weeks.

If you live under a rock in the middle of no where you probably have time and space to conjure up whatever conspiracy theory you can dream up, but for those who live in congested areas who have loved ones that are in that "compromised" bracket, things seems a little more real and concerning.

Kind of like when they have wolf meetings in Bloomington, MN. No wolves in Bloomington, MN so those folks don't have a clue what's really happening where there are wolves.

My Girlfriend works for Mayo and keeps up on it from inside. The docs who are working on it down there are plenty worried (good enough for me) and have canceled their vacations into August now. But I suppose they are part of the big conspiracy, too. dunno.

Personally whenever someone cries govt conspiracy, I hear the same thing as when people cry racism today. All I hear is I have nothing factual to base anything on so I'll scream one of the two. Nobody takes anyone who cries either seriously and we think you're nuts.

And no I don't trust our govt...However, I have worked for the govt for 22 years now and am fully aware something like this virus is far far past what the govt is capable of thinking up and implementing.

We are now seeing real people we know getting it. Stay tuned. I hope the experts are wrong (as I thought a couple weeks ago).

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812249
03/22/20 01:53 AM
03/22/20 01:53 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Just because the virus is real doesn't rule out a government conspiracy.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: ] #6812330
03/22/20 07:26 AM
03/22/20 07:26 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by akroper
Yukon254, you said, "What I dont understand is why we didnt see any of this with H1N1. Am I missing something? There were over 60-million Americans infected with it after all, and over 12,000 died....We are no where near those numbers yet and the whole world is on lockdown and entire industries are going to go broke."

COVID-19 is nothing like H1N1. It is far more contagious and deadly than H1N1. On average, each person infected with COVID-19 will pass it on to 2-2.5 other people. H1N1 patients passed it on to 1.2-1.6 others. The US mortality rate for H1N1 was about .02% The worldwide mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4 %, or about 170 times more deadly than H1N1. At that rate, if 60 million Americans contract COVID-19, there will be over 2 million deaths. That's about 1 out of every 165 people in the US.

I'm not making any of this up. All of these numbers are easily verified with just a bit of research.

No, we're nowhere near those numbers yet, but we will be if we do nothing. Go back and read through this thread. The folks down-playing the threat posed by this virus are wrong. I just hope that none of them end up being dead wrong.

The more drastic measures we take now, the fewer people will die. The key word here is NOW.

These numbers will go down as more get tested . The mortality rate will go down as more people survive it knowing they have it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812332
03/22/20 07:27 AM
03/22/20 07:27 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
OK it is SOOOO deadly that they say DON"T go to the hospital unless your breathing is critical. Heck the persona is that if you have it you are "marked for death"

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: Calvin] #6812353
03/22/20 07:39 AM
03/22/20 07:39 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Calvin
The title of this thread is Corona over hyped. I guess we'll see who is right and who eats crow in a couple weeks. I know I have changed my mind in the last two weeks.

If you live under a rock in the middle of no where you probably have time and space to conjure up whatever conspiracy theory you can dream up, but for those who live in congested areas who have loved ones that are in that "compromised" bracket, things seems a little more real and concerning.

Kind of like when they have wolf meetings in Bloomington, MN. No wolves in Bloomington, MN so those folks don't have a clue what's really happening where there are wolves.

My Girlfriend works for Mayo and keeps up on it from inside. The docs who are working on it down there are plenty worried (good enough for me) and have canceled their vacations into August now. But I suppose they are part of the big conspiracy, too. dunno.

Personally whenever someone cries govt conspiracy, I hear the same thing as when people cry racism today. All I hear is I have nothing factual to base anything on so I'll scream one of the two. Nobody takes anyone who cries either seriously and we think you're nuts.

And no I don't trust our govt...However, I have worked for the govt for 22 years now and am fully aware something like this virus is far far past what the govt is capable of thinking up and implementing.

We are now seeing real people we know getting it. Stay tuned. I hope the experts are wrong (as I thought a couple weeks ago).

Calvin I have ONE major question for you . The "loved ones that are compromised" were they not COMPROMISED even by the flu?

Tell you what I think will shake out from this.
1 As soon as BIG PHARMA can figure out a vaccine the fear will go away .
2. NO WHERE near the number of people will die from this than the flu EACH YEAR.
3 If 80% (their statements) can get it and not know it can't be too deadly.
4 None if any "HEALTHY " people will die from it.

I will almost be willing to say that more people will die from choking this year (5051 last year ) than this bug when its all done.
The number of deaths is REALLY tilted toward fear mongering. IN KY as of yesterday we have had 3 deaths. First one was a man that was sent to the hospital with STAGE 4 lung cancer and in hospice care. Around here hospice care means you have days to live. The other 2 they won't say what was wrong with them because the GOV got heat for telling about the first one because of HIPPA. It may take away from the drama if they tell the people were already terminal when this killed them.....

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812416
03/22/20 08:33 AM
03/22/20 08:33 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
How many died from it in Italy friday jbyrd?

Last edited by amspoker; 03/22/20 08:38 AM.

Levi
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812438
03/22/20 08:55 AM
03/22/20 08:55 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Haven't been here in a while, but if you want a good data base this one tells it all: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For the record, this is the very first time in my 55 years on this planet that a virus outbreak has occurred that's got me more than just a bit concerned.

13,598 so far world wide and the numbers are going way up exponentially each week.

*Check that website out around 6.00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time so you can see the numbers from Europe, and for those upset about the numbers being low here in the States, don't worry by the end of Spring, early Summer they should be cranking up good here as well, as the virus really hasn't really taken hold here yet - which is something the government is trying to ensure does not happen by placing all these measures in place.

Be safe everyone !!

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: amspoker] #6812448
03/22/20 09:06 AM
03/22/20 09:06 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by amspoker
How many died from it in Italy friday jbyrd?

FIRST and more importantly WE DON'T live in Italy!!! WE don't live in whohoo china either!! The living conditions there are like some third world country! Heck half One of Italy's major cities is built on top of it's sewer system. No the streets ARE it's sewer system. Have to use a boat to float around !!
My comparison is in the UNITED STATES !!!!

If they want to reveal the correct DATA tell us how many the virus has killed!! Don't tell me about a cancer patient in his last few days that happen to test positive at the time of death !! Or granny that has been on a ventilator for 7 plus years or someone that hasn't got out of there bed for 10 plus years. That is weighted stats any time someone else tried to use those numbers like that.

Just how many has the virus taken .
If you remember I called it the human distemper long time ago. Heck any trapper should know what happens when you get an overpopulation of ANY mammal. Some form of disease will thin them out !!! But in most cases of an outbreak the weak AND the young are the first to die. This bug so far seems to spare the young and ONLY kills ,NO let me rephrase that CONTRIBUTES to the death of older people or terminal patients.

Last edited by jbyrd63; 03/22/20 09:16 AM.
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: Big George W] #6812456
03/22/20 09:14 AM
03/22/20 09:14 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Big George W
Haven't been here in a while, but if you want a good data base this one tells it all: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For the record, this is the very first time in my 55 years on this planet that a virus outbreak has occurred that's got me more than just a bit concerned.

13,598 so far world wide and the numbers are going way up exponentially each week.

*Check that website out around 6.00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time so you can see the numbers from Europe, and for those upset about the numbers being low here in the States, don't worry by the end of Spring, early Summer they should be cranking up good here as well, as the virus really hasn't really taken hold here yet - which is something the government is trying to ensure does not happen by placing all these measures in place.

Be safe everyone !!

LOL hey George google how many people died from the flu last year . No wait I'll do it for you 646,000 (app) With these kind of numbers why aren't we cowering in lock down every oct to april (flu season according to cdc)
That is why I'm just shaking my head at the news each and every day .....

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812492
03/22/20 09:35 AM
03/22/20 09:35 AM
GA
G
Ghost14 Offline
trapper
Ghost14  Offline
trapper
G

GA
So who should people believe? I believe what I witness and the numbers I see. My wife is a Doctor and owns her own practice. We aren’t real concerned about the virus. None of the information she receives from big brother would lead us to be. I don’t know where some of these people get their “facts” that I know are just repeated nonsense. Use common sense people, don’t risk spreading this because people with compromised immune systems do not need to come in contact. Just like seasonal Flu which as of right now has killed far more this year than this virus is on pace to kill. As of yesterday this virus had killed enough people globally to make up .09% of the U.S. population. Some places it has run its course and is exponentially falling off in infection rates. The death toll globally was still under what seasonal flu kills in the U.S. alone. Dr. Fauci says the mortality rate is close to 1% when all said and done. When they finally have enough tests and can start research instead of herding the sheep!

Please stop fueling this hysteria fire!

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812522
03/22/20 09:53 AM
03/22/20 09:53 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Two things I have noticed is exponentially growing and doubling being claimed. Exponential growth is y=ax to a power. This is not happening as well as doubling now that our numbers are not small. Carry on!

Who is John Galt?
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812602
03/22/20 10:40 AM
03/22/20 10:40 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Look at these numbers...especially compare spain to the US....similar number of cases but the death rate here is much lower...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812678
03/22/20 11:11 AM
03/22/20 11:11 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Looks like about 600 more people have died in the last 8 hours. I would say it's starting to pick up.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 03/22/20 11:12 AM.

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812688
03/22/20 11:17 AM
03/22/20 11:17 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Big George W

Be safe everyone !!

LOL hey George google how many people died from the flu last year . No wait I'll do it for you 646,000 (app) With these kind of numbers why aren't we cowering in lock down every oct to april (flu season according to cdc)
That is why I'm just shaking my head at the news each and every day .....

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Ha Ha - that's a good one - tell me, how many people got the flu last year ??
Then do the math......

Respect,
East Derby, CT
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812691
03/22/20 11:18 AM
03/22/20 11:18 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
It's all good though, turns out my favorite country Somilia is now the safest place on Earth smile smile smile

Cheers......

Respect,
East Derby, CT
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6812701
03/22/20 11:23 AM
03/22/20 11:23 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by muddyriverdogz
Looks like about 600 more people have died in the last 8 hours. I would say it's starting to pick up.

600 more where? world wide?

Please read this !!!

times. times.
https://fullfact.org/online/coronavirus-daily-deaths/

Wow mosquitoes kill 2400 people a day!!

Diabetes 4300 a day
OH no heart attacks over 24,000 a day OH NO !! ban high fat foods !!!!!!!!!!!! hurry Don't have too idiots bought them all in stores

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812704
03/22/20 11:25 AM
03/22/20 11:25 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by muddyriverdogz

600 more where? world wide?

Please read this !!!

times. times.
https://fullfact.org/online/coronavirus-daily-deaths/

Wow mosquitoes kill 2400 people a day!!

Diabetes 4300 a day
OH no heart attacks over 24,000 a day OH NO !! ban high fat foods !!!!!!!!!!!! hurry Don't have too idiots bought them all in stores

How many will it be killing in the next couple of weeks is the question.

Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: jbyrd63] #6812708
03/22/20 11:27 AM
03/22/20 11:27 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Diabetes and heart attacks are not contagious..... smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Corona mess over hyped [Re: Marty] #6812713
03/22/20 11:30 AM
03/22/20 11:30 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Marty
Diabetes and heart attacks are not contagious..... smile

Thanks for the update Marty I thought you caught them from reeses cups. LOL

But my point is not to cower in our houses thinking the angel of death is walking the streets looking for a law breaker who happened to go out. The media and politicians are election medelling 101 !!!!

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread