No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Flour/corn meal grinder? [Re: The Possum Man] #6821892
03/29/20 03:07 PM
03/29/20 03:07 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Yeah, I just looked around a bit and was shocked at the prices. The old man was right, hippies suck lol. Around here I could probably score some off of a farmer but never thought about it. You could make some awesome cornbread from your corn, course ground is best imo.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Flour/corn meal grinder? [Re: T-Rex] #6821967
03/29/20 04:27 PM
03/29/20 04:27 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by T-Rex
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I guess someone could ask you about how your dislike of the finished product has to do with what grinder to buy.
Joe?, Joe Biden? Is that you?

Yep, Millennial.

On another note.. grinder that run of a PTO on a tractor can be found at prices cheaper than the ones sold by Lehman's. Depending on the volume you may want to look into that.

I became aware of them on a farming fourm from a guy that made massive amounts of compost. He uses the grinder to grind the bones into bone meal that were leftover from the composting process.

I occasionally see them for sale on craigslist.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 03/29/20 04:32 PM.
Re: Flour/corn meal grinder? [Re: The Possum Man] #6822889
03/30/20 10:54 AM
03/30/20 10:54 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
there is a cheaper way. just find a round rock and a dish shaped one. A little labor intensive I'm guessing.
LOL

Re: Flour/corn meal grinder? [Re: Scout1] #6822896
03/30/20 11:00 AM
03/30/20 11:00 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Scout1
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
it isn't cheap but it is good , you add your own motor or they do have a motor kit.

https://store.countrylivinggrainmills.com/grain-mill/

I bought dad one of these for Christmas about 10 years ago. I don't think he ever unboxed it.

when the wife was home schooling the kids till 6 years ago she made a lot of bread and I purchased one of these , I unbolted it and put it on a shelf because we just weren't using it much since the wife went back to work.

I have though about selling it

used it when the power was out to grind coffee it does a very good job of that

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread