No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: National Vietnam War Veterans Day [Re: Catch22] #6822523
03/29/20 11:14 PM
03/29/20 11:14 PM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
To all Vets, past, present, and future. May God Bless you all! (got one in Iraq, hopefully coming home in May. His brother leaves in April).

jim
Re: National Vietnam War Veterans Day [Re: Catch22] #6822571
03/30/20 12:26 AM
03/30/20 12:26 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: National Vietnam War Veterans Day [Re: bblwi] #6822687
03/30/20 08:10 AM
03/30/20 08:10 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Online content
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Online Content
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by bblwi
Yes that is one of two lotteries that I won. All expenses paid trip with weapons and all the ammo you needed. My MOS was avionics repair and crawling into tail booms of choppers to solder shot up wire bundles was not easy or fun with poor lighting and 100 degrees. It was amazing how many rounds some of the choppers took in and how much damage they took and still flew.

Bryce

Yes indeed, Bryce. Those old hueys were tough old birds. I worked in an aircraft maintenence shop at camp Enarie, with the forth div at Pleiku. I was a machinest there, and never thought of myself as anything, other than a GI wanting to get home to my wife and little girl. We wernt hero's, I save that term for people that are special, but we didn't run to Canada like a bunch of brats did, we just went and put in our time, praying we'd see our family again! Thanks for the kind words! By saying thiis, I do't mean to take anything away from people that were heros over there. I had a room mate in my hooch, that was one of three survivors. He was walking point, when attacked by NVA regulars, and lost all but three out of a company of men! Took a burst of six years to get out of that grunt MOS! I wonder what happened to Monty!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: National Vietnam War Veterans Day [Re: Catch22] #6822734
03/30/20 09:01 AM
03/30/20 09:01 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Thanks to all of you that served. It’s shameful how so many were treated upon returning,shameful.

I have no close friends or family who served. But now, as a parent I often think of how hard it must hav been for parents of those who served. Not only when their sons and daughters were over there but then seeing how they were treated on returning. Had to feel so helpless. God bless all of you!

Re: National Vietnam War Veterans Day [Re: Catch22] #6822748
03/30/20 09:11 AM
03/30/20 09:11 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Online content
trapper
k snow  Online Content
trapper
K

east central WI
Hats off and thank you to all who served.

My dad was stateside in the Air Force, and has moments when he regrets not going over.

He rarely claims any benefits of being a vet, he doesn't feel he earned them, not being in country.

Spending the morning watching videos of Nam memories. My first boss was a door gunner. That's all he ever said about it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread