No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Well another hurdle behind me... for now. #6824806
03/31/20 07:31 PM
03/31/20 07:31 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Since I haven't been on for a couple of weeks, I hope everybody has all of the world's problems resolved.

I don't remember the last time I was on, but that morning when I turned the computer on, it didn't come on. I started checking plugs, outlets and connections and they were all good. Since I have experienced this problem before, (several times over the years), I figured it had to be the power supply. I was right. When I got this computer about 5 years ago, I got a larger than normal wattage power supply. I run quite a few things at once and I wanted something that would handle it. At the time, I also got a mother board that would handle extra Memory. That was fine then, but now they are doing things so much different, I am at a loss. The hardware as well as software has become so advanced, my memory hasn't kept up with it. I went to Best Buy to try and get a new power supply and they me I would probably have to get a new mother board and a couple other things. So I declined to buy one and made contact with the company I had originally bought my parts. They said they still carry the one I needed, but they were out of stock and wasn't sure when they would be in. They come from China. The guy I talked to said they might have one, out of box, that was returned and would call me back. So after waiting 3 days, I called them back. They had one, but he had lost the paper he had wrote my phone number on. So after much delay, I got the power supply yesterday and finally got it connected today. The price was cheaper than a new one in the box, but only got 60 day guarantee on it.

So when I turned it on today... my email client didn't work, (Incredimail), After messing with it for almost 2 hours, I got a pop-up notice from the company saying they had closed their doors to business. I was left not being able to retrieve any of my folders. I can't say on here what I was feeling or saying. SO, I went into the email server and I can retrieve email from that. There were at least 400 or more emails waiting to read or deleted.

On the brighter side, if there is one. I did get into see the ENT Dr. during this time. He is an older man, mid to late 80s and getting ready to close his practice. He didn't have a scan, but he did have a plain old x-ray machine. He shot from both sides and frontal shot. He said, after a week or 2 it wouldn't have done any good to do a scan unless there was some really wrong. He did tell me, I did a really good job of setting my nose. I guess there is cartilage that holds the nose to the face bone and I had broke it loose on the left side. When I jerked it back into place it went back almost perfect. He said the head aches that I still get when I get stressed out and I have the stuffy nose feeling, is because there is scar tissue built up where it was ripped loose. That there is still irritation around the scar tissue that is causing all of it. SO he had me get some nose spray to use once a day for 2 month that has cortisone in it. He said that should help, but if the scar tissue got to thick they would have to go in and remove some of it. But I believe the nose spray is working …. so all is well there.

Now if I can just stay away from Covid-19, I will be happy. I have tried to stay away from people as much as possible. One of my ex-Deputy Sheriff friends was the first in my town to die from the virus yesterday.

A lot more has happened in the last couple of weeks... but I am at a brain burnout.

Take care and be safe....

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Well another hurdle behind me... for now. [Re: Actor] #6824815
03/31/20 07:35 PM
03/31/20 07:35 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Good to see ya made it back. I wrote you an email asking if you were okay a few days ago.

Re: Well another hurdle behind me... for now. [Re: Actor] #6824832
03/31/20 07:45 PM
03/31/20 07:45 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Yes I just answered it... Thanks for keeping in your thoughts Paul.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Well another hurdle behind me... for now. [Re: Actor] #6824844
03/31/20 07:58 PM
03/31/20 07:58 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Glad your back at it again.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Well another hurdle behind me... for now. [Re: Actor] #6824859
03/31/20 08:07 PM
03/31/20 08:07 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Gary,

I'm glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected.

Prayers sent for you and the family of your departed friend. May he rest in peace.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Well another hurdle behind me... for now. [Re: Actor] #6825548
04/01/20 12:26 PM
04/01/20 12:26 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Actor, I am glad to see still tearing it up.

wanna be goat farmer.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread