No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Captain Crozier #6828346
04/03/20 01:14 PM
04/03/20 01:14 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline OP
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline OP
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
I think Trump should restore the good captain to command of that aircraft carrier. What he did was in the interest of his men; sailors and marines. If any one should be fired it is the Secretary of the Navy! I know all about Chain of Command and protocol, but if that Captain saved even one life it was worth it!

Re: Captain Crozier [Re: Fisher Man] #6828522
04/03/20 03:45 PM
04/03/20 03:45 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
The captain did the right thing on behalf of the safety and well being of his crew. He violated U.S. Navy protocols big time by channeling emails outside secure military channels and did not follow his chain of command.
Any commanding officer in our military would receive the same disciplinary action. When one is in our military, there is a rule book (the UCMJ, Uniform Code of Military Justice) one must abide by, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

I applaud the man for his compassion for his crew. The problem here is this carrier is a deterrent in the Pacific to China and other countries (NK, Russia, etc) and the captain just let them know our front line carrier is now off the line.

Just saying...

Re: Captain Crozier [Re: Fisher Man] #6828531
04/03/20 03:54 PM
04/03/20 03:54 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
And this is the answer to previous queries about why China isn’t telling the world about their own higher numbers. Letting the world know your military might be compromised in some way is telling them about your troop strength/level of preparedness.

Seriously, I think every country’s military has been impacted. The prudent thing is not to advertise it.

Never too old to learn
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread