Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Teacher] #6843442
04/15/20 03:10 PM
04/15/20 03:10 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Teacher
All I have done is read and study. No, I haven’t tested anything.

Some of what I’ve read is that animals/birds orient themselves due to what researchers say is gravitational pull of the moon. I’ll buy that.

From what I observed of my catch this last fall, in sloppy mud conditions using both aluminum and steel screens over tightly pack traps, then covered with grass. You get where I’m coming from. Before the virus knocked me down, those pipe dream sets gave me the best season I’ve had in years. If it’s your belief magnetism is affecting your season, that’s fine. I’m not convinced it’s affecting mine.

I believe animals are more oriented towards the north and south pole due to the effect of magnetism. I believe the moon play the role but not like the north and south pole. It’s like they were able to get a compass reading.
As far as the pipe dream set that seems to be working because the dead grass clippings seem to form a chaff much like the radar avoiding chaff used in World War II.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6844178
04/16/20 09:49 AM
04/16/20 09:49 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Chaff consists of small fibers that reflect radar signals and, when dispensed in large quantities from aircraft, form a cloud that temporarily hides the aircraft from radar detection.
Chaff - Radar Countermeasures
www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/chaff.htm

Qoute: “ As far as the pipe dream set that seems to be working because the dead grass clippings seem to form a chaff much like the radar avoiding chaff used in World War II.“

Radar is a projection of a electromagnetic field. Grass combined with moisture and even freezing conditions form a shielding cloud over the magnetic field of the trap ,Hiding the traps projected magnetic field.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6844732
04/16/20 03:46 PM
04/16/20 03:46 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
The chaff that affects radar is made of metal. Wood and most substances do not interact with magnetic fields -only certain metals interact with magnetic fields. The magnetic field of a magnetic object is unaffected by wood, and presumably grass, have no effect on magnetic fields. Water is a bit of a special case. In very strong magnetic fields, water has barely measurable effect on magnetic field by slightly blocking some measurable amount of the field. But for all “normal” magnets or magnetic objects, water has no measurable effect on the objects magnetic field - that is to say the field passes right through as if it were air. At extremes almost every substance becomes magnetic because the electrons in the substance start to align according to the field lines. But these are conditions only created my extreme “laboratory” magnets far beyond anything we common folk can buy with a years salary....
This is all well studied and observed. And it would be easy to test the magnetic field with and without chaff. Not sure I would trust an iPhone to test that, but then there is enough info on the subject that I would not bother to reinvent the wheel by dragging out special purpose instruments to re-confirm that organic materials have no effect on magnetic field.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6844737
04/16/20 03:48 PM
04/16/20 03:48 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
It is also worth noting that RADAR can detect water and organic materials. Radar is more like reflected light than a magnetic field. All very well known and researchable phenomena.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: loosanarrow] #6844766
04/16/20 04:07 PM
04/16/20 04:07 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Yep^^^^ my thoughts as well.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6844788
04/16/20 04:33 PM
04/16/20 04:33 PM
Indiana
H
Huntall76 Offline
trapper
Huntall76  Offline
trapper
H

Indiana
I really can't believe this thread is still going!

But since I'm a giver and a problem solver, this is all you need to do ( pay attention)

STEP 1
Go buy some Hecs hunting clothing

STEP 2
cut trap covers out of the clothing and put over your traps

STEP 3
tie your trap cover to your trap ( use non magnetic string) because it's expensive and you don't want to lose it

STEP 4 (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP)
send me $1.99 for this 1 page book showing you how to disguise the magnetic field of your traps and helping you improve your catch

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6844847
04/16/20 05:15 PM
04/16/20 05:15 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Kirk De
Chaff consists of small fibers that reflect radar signals and, when dispensed in large quantities from aircraft, form a cloud that temporarily hides the aircraft from radar detection.
Chaff - Radar Countermeasures
www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/chaff.htm

Qoute: “ As far as the pipe dream set that seems to be working because the dead grass clippings seem to form a chaff much like the radar avoiding chaff used in World War II.“

Radar is a projection of a electromagnetic field. Grass combined with moisture and even freezing conditions form a shielding cloud over the magnetic field of the trap ,Hiding the traps projected magnetic field.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2002-03/1015162213.Eg.r.html
Look at what I said. I said radar is the projection of electromagnetic field and it is, I Said, the grass combine with moisture and freezing temperatures forming a cloud or type of cloud over the magnetic field of the trap. Hiding the traps projected magnetic field.Maybe I should have said cover instead of cloud
Dry grass or wood is dielectric. It would resist or block the magnetic field of the trap: I should have added paper because it works too. To a degree.
There is no gotcha moment.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Huntall76] #6844853
04/16/20 05:16 PM
04/16/20 05:16 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Huntall76

But since I'm a giver and a problem solver, this is all you need to do ( pay attention)

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3
tie your trap cover to your trap ( use non magnetic string) because it's expensive and you don't want to lose it

send me $1.99 for this 1 page book showing you how to disguise the magnetic field of your traps and helping you improve your catch
I’m sorry but you don’t understand it all need to look at what type of traps and devices there are and how to use them your advice won’t work.

Last edited by Kirk De; 04/16/20 05:18 PM. Reason: Clarification

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6844873
04/16/20 05:27 PM
04/16/20 05:27 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Huntall76

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

I’m sorry but you don’t understand it all need to look at what type of traps and devices there are and how to use them your advice won’t work.

You three just got yourself

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6845108
04/16/20 08:33 PM
04/16/20 08:33 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
I’m here just because I enjoy the discussion and I’ve made some observations of animals in proximity to strong magnetized objects. I’m not trying to gotcha anybody.
RADAR is indeed a projection of electromagnetic field. A magnetized object (AKA permanent magnet) has no electromagnetic field. They are not even measured the same - EMF is measured in units of Newtons per Couloumb or Volts per Meter, magnetic field produced by magnetic objects (like a regular old magnet or piece of magnetized steel) is measured in Gauss or Teslas. And EMF can be affected (attenuated, reflected, etc) by all kinds of stuff, while a magnetic field from a magnetized object is typically affected ONLY by certain metals.
A RADAR can not be made with a magnet, it has to use electricity. Magnetic objects and electromagnetic force have some similarities and some differences.
But all of that is just rehash of well understood physics and me observing animals lack of reaction to strong magnetic objects.

I really don’t know how it all relates or does not relate to trapping devices and catching animals in them. No gotcha, just science review and some observations.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: loosanarrow] #6845139
04/16/20 09:09 PM
04/16/20 09:09 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by loosanarrow
I’m here just because I enjoy the discussion and I’ve made some observations of animals in proximity to strong magnetized objects. I’m not trying to gotcha anybody.
RADAR is indeed a projection of electromagnetic field. A magnetized object (AKA permanent magnet) has no electromagnetic field. They are not even measured the same - EMF is measured in units of Newtons per Couloumb or Volts per Meter, magnetic field produced by magnetic objects (like a regular old magnet or piece of magnetized steel) is measured in Gauss or Teslas. And EMF can be affected (attenuated, reflected, etc) by all kinds of stuff, while a magnetic field from a magnetized object is typically affected ONLY by certain metals.
A RADAR can not be made with a magnet, it has to use electricity. Magnetic objects and electromagnetic force have some similarities and some differences.
But all of that is just rehash of well understood physics and me observing animals lack of reaction to strong magnetic objects.

I really don’t know how it all relates or does not relate to trapping devices and catching animals in them. No gotcha, just science review and some observations.

I concentrated on magnets thinking that they would be the means for solving the puzzle. I found it it wasn’t. I sought the advice 3 engineers that work for power companies in my state and my patent attorney is an engineer and he agrees with what I found.My son who is a excellent trapper is one of those engineers. My father was an engineer. My findings are based on thousands and thousands of catches and experiences. Over 60,000 sets that were made. I have permission to trap on over 1000 landowners In my county alone I have permission to Trappin over 350 landowners. Some landowners own over to 20,000 acres of land. I just have too many experiences that have proven my findings to be correct.I had a biologist test traps with me on at least five occasions. He also rode with me many times over the years and saw the numbers of the animals that I caught.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6845150
04/16/20 09:17 PM
04/16/20 09:17 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I am catching raccoons groundhogs and squirrels in cages that have a higher magnetic reading on the front outside of the trap, some times 30 higher. but I will say the readings are higher on the open door yet at the bottom and inside they drop to below the area reading. no matter what direction the trap is set or how high the outside readings are, inside they are always below the area readings. Maybe these animals do not mind the fields. I am not saying anything other than I am catching critters when I set the traps. I will be setting two traps that hopefully have 2 different numbers one high and low to see. I will say that the smaller the trap the readings tend to be higher. I would like to get a smaller trap with lower readings than a larger trap and see how the animal reacts, most times when I set a smaller trap and a larger cage trap the animal most times goes into the larger first.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Jonesie] #6845161
04/16/20 09:22 PM
04/16/20 09:22 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Jonesie
I am catching raccoons groundhogs and squirrels in cages that have a higher magnetic reading on the front outside of the trap, some times 30 higher. but I will say the readings are higher on the open door yet at the bottom and inside they drop to below the area reading. no matter what direction the trap is set or how high the outside readings are, inside they are always below the area readings. Maybe these animals do not mind the fields. I am not saying anything other than I am catching critters when I set the traps. I will be setting two traps that hopefully have 2 different numbers one high and low to see. I will say that the smaller the trap the readings tend to be higher. I would like to get a smaller trap with lower readings than a larger trap and see how the animal reacts, most times when I set a smaller trap and a larger cage trap the animal most times goes into the larger first.

As I have posted animals that are most responsive or coyotes red fox beaver otter.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6845168
04/16/20 09:29 PM
04/16/20 09:29 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
I have noticed the mice and rats can tell.Traps with plastic pans seem to catch more.That’s just observation Not a lot of testing.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6845183
04/16/20 09:39 PM
04/16/20 09:39 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia

As I have posted animals that are most responsive or coyotes red fox beaver otter.

The larger the trap the more frame the more frame easier it is to move the field in the direction you wanted to , to a point.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Kirk De] #6845212
04/16/20 10:05 PM
04/16/20 10:05 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Jonesey
Air temperature and water temperature is a very big factor. You may not be experiencing what you will experience when it gets hot this summer. You will see a substantial response negatively the more the average temperature rises above 47°.At least that is the way it is where I live. And where I trapped in Alabama years ago.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6845537
04/17/20 09:17 AM
04/17/20 09:17 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Kirk before I went full time in the wildlife control field I was a lineman for the electric company. Static electric current was always a concern when there was a heavy air condition. I can remember more than a few times have to wear my rubber gloves LOL But this brings me to another thought. Coyote, fox beaver and otter are thought to be aware of this field, And we also know that horses and cattle would also be aware of the field that is why I have an electric fence for our horses and cows. An observation I have seen is a young horse or cow first time learning the wire will smell the wire from a few inches then hit with the nose and bam!!!! Then from that point on they know what a wire is, well some do LOL The young dogs tend to not notice the wire until they hit it, then they understand and avoid it. So my thought is if geese and other migratory animals obviously use these fields to migrate, which would be a positive, wouldn't the four animals you mentioned have to have a noticeable negative to a magnetic field in order to cause a problem with the traps magnetic field? Again I am not making a negative or positive statement just asking based on what I have observed factual or perceived.

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Jonesie] #6845570
04/17/20 09:43 AM
04/17/20 09:43 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Kirk before I went full time in the wildlife control field I was a lineman for the electric company. Static electric current was always a concern when there was a heavy air condition. I can remember more than a few times have to wear my rubber gloves LOL But this brings me to another thought. Coyote, fox beaver and otter are thought to be aware of this field, And we also know that horses and cattle would also be aware of the field that is why I have an electric fence for our horses and cows. An observation I have seen is a young horse or cow first time learning the wire will smell the wire from a few inches then hit with the nose and bam!!!! Then from that point on they know what a wire is, well some do LOL The young dogs tend to not notice the wire until they hit it, then they understand and avoid it. So my thought is if geese and other migratory animals obviously use these fields to migrate, which would be a positive, wouldn't the four animals you mentioned have to have a noticeable negative to a magnetic field in order to cause a problem with the traps magnetic field? Again I am not making a negative or positive statement just asking based on what I have observed factual or perceived.

You are right on target Jonesey. I can’t explain everything in these threads . Without understanding that I could not have made the findings that I did.It is in my copyrighted findings.

Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Artrapper16] #6845588
04/17/20 09:54 AM
04/17/20 09:54 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
LOL here is another thought for discussion. Many in the wildlife control field know and have heard me talk about my cage baiting strategies that I developed for cage traps 20 years ago. I developed them watching squirrels, raccoons, groundhogs, and skunks on my jobs working the cages and not going into a normally baited/lured trap. Without going into my cage trap demo seminar LOL I watched the animals many times would smell the bottom of the open door above and the bottom of the front lip of the open trap, and seemed to make a choice to enter or walk around to the back of the trap and work from outside. (Again bait in the back of trap) My thoughts are, this is where a strong amount of animal odor would be present in oils, blood and any negative gland odor as the animals work the door the hardest in a stressed condition. I developed the baiting strategies to create a positive to hopefully override the negative that I assumed and I still believe is at the front of the cage. ( maybe magnetic field is also something here that I have not thought about meaning 2 negatives) I wounder If a positive was created to override the negative at a foothold set can be done? And in fact, if your theory is correct, many have learned how to overcome the negative without really thinking or knowing about the field. Again just thinking with no answer, except I know my baiting strategies increase my catches in cages and DP traps. I will also be testing your thoughts on DP traps.

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Magnetic field of coyote traps [Re: Jonesie] #6845618
04/17/20 10:18 AM
04/17/20 10:18 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
LOL here is another thought for discussion. Many in the wildlife control field know and have heard me talk about my cage baiting strategies that I developed for cage traps 20 years ago. I developed them watching squirrels, raccoons, groundhogs, and skunks on my jobs working the cages and not going into a normally baited/lured trap. Without going into my cage trap demo seminar LOL I watched the animals many times would smell the bottom of the open door above and the bottom of the front lip of the open trap, and seemed to make a choice to enter or walk around to the back of the trap and work from outside. (Again bait in the back of trap) My thoughts are, this is where a strong amount of animal odor would be present in oils, blood and any negative gland odor as the animals work the door the hardest in a stressed condition. I developed the baiting strategies to create a positive to hopefully override the negative that I assumed and I still believe is at the front of the cage. ( maybe magnetic field is also something here that I have not thought about meaning 2 negatives) I wounder If a positive was created to override the negative at a foothold set can be done? And in fact, if your theory is correct, many have learned how to overcome the negative without really thinking or knowing about the field. Again just thinking with no answer, except I know my baiting strategies increase my catches in cages and DP traps. I will also be testing your thoughts on DP traps.

You’re right on target again Jonesey.Trappers have made adjustments not knowing that magnetic field affected them. It works the same way with DP’s or any other device. My writngs just confirm who is the real deal. If what you’ve been teaching is correct it will be found out through the magnetic testing of positive and negative ions.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91