No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Before the Redcoats march #6843111
04/15/20 09:19 AM
04/15/20 09:19 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline OP
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline OP
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I was always fascinated with pictures showing the Redcoats marching side by side and possibly being picked off by a squirrel rifle from the camo underbrush.

I am thinking if we they can get the antibody testing down accurate then they could put those that have a show back on the frontline. The jobs such as med, slaughter plants, trucking , municipalities and many others that has just not been affected yet, can be replaced by those with assumed immunity. To keep adding to the work force with people that is not protected either by immunity or a prophylactic such as the malaria drug would be like marching Redcoats onto the battlefield to be gunned down not so much at Gods' Will but at the will of the virus, leaving many a Job story, just don't touch his life.

Hopefully the anti body test they come up with will be better than their Lyme test.

Went and got more supplies yesterday not that we needed them. But its creeps in closer to us each day and thought better now then later. I have been in captivity the last 25 days and really its looking like it may be a while before the next trip. Got home and got cleaned up and last night on the news now they are saying you must wash your shoes. Guess the churches need a foot washing, lol. I'm thinking its more about the air than anything else. Glad I live in the country.

As farming time is underway I'll most likely import the virus in ordering parts by mail, I have plenty of bleach. Hope the mailman don't get it, United States Postal Service creed, the words "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds". Wonder
if viruses are included in the gloom of night?

Since I'm going to be busy, may not maintain this thread too close, if you have a comment feel free add, if not that's ok too, win, win, lol.

Re: Before the Redcoats march [Re: Foxpaw] #6843211
04/15/20 11:10 AM
04/15/20 11:10 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
I think there is a much larger population that can and should go back to work. Those who are young, healthy, w/o underlying conditions AND who can avoid contact with those of the vulnerable population could be working. Ultimately we are going to have to let the virus work it's way through the population and develop herd immunity while simultaneously protecting the vulnerable as best we can. It will be much easier to do if we have solid evidence that specific drugs are successful in combating the virus.

Re: Before the Redcoats march [Re: Foxpaw] #6843235
04/15/20 11:32 AM
04/15/20 11:32 AM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've been laid off for 3 weeks now, wish I could go back to work. But I have a 5 year old daughter and a wife that works 8-4:30 at an area hospital. I'm confident I could go out and find a job, but that would mean putting my daughter in day care and subjecting her (and subsequently us) to all that extra potential exposure to the virus. Just a waiting game now, but I don't think our schools will open back up before the summer.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread