No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spring bearhunt in Canada [Re: Miley] #6871497
05/13/20 04:13 PM
05/13/20 04:13 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
What is interesting is Canadian stimulus moneys is directed to earned income in 2018 tax records, based on earning over 5000$. Hopefully the hired help includes their tips when filing 2019 taxes. Because of the restrictions of travel north of 60 is going to be tight for quite awhile.

Re: Spring bearhunt in Canada [Re: yukon254] #6871664
05/13/20 07:05 PM
05/13/20 07:05 PM
Jackson, Missouri
Greg / MO Offline
trapper
Greg / MO  Offline
trapper

Jackson, Missouri
Originally Posted by yukon254
Ive been watching this closely because our business ( fishing lodge, and trapping trips) relies on people from around the world getting here. I was optimistic in the beginning but not anymore...the insanity has gone to a new level. Currently we have lost at least half our summer and it looks like we will lose it all. If they do open in June we might salvage a few trips though.

Heres my take on what you should expect: A good outfitter will let you roll your trip over to next year with no extra cost. I know they are not all doing that. I've heard some horror stories ...like outfitters asking for full payment now, then if you cant come they want to charge you a 25% fee to come next year. That is just wrong and those outfitters will pay in the long run and probably go broke. I usually send out final invoices in April. I didnt this year, still havent. Every single client that we had booked called or emailed and asked us if they cant come this year if they could roll their trip over to next year. They called us, I didnt call them. The bottom line is you should not have to pay more to roll your trip over. Deposits are NOT refundable in most cases, and there are many good reasons for this. Also an outfitter might already have bookings for the next year so you might not get the same dates but thats just part of the mess we are in. I highly recommend cancelation insurance...Global Rescure signature is one of the very best.

Keep in mind that this covid deal has put all of us outfitters in a real bind. Typically we get paid once a year, and this year it doesn't look like we will get paid at all, and we still have expenses to pay. Going to be a lot of outfitters go under no doubt about that. I just hope when its over you guys will be ready to get out and hunt, fish and trap north of the border. While we are far from wealthy, we will be able to weather the storm, and will be open for business next year and hopefully even this winter on the trapline trips. I've gotten more business from Trapperman than any other place, and myself and my family thank you all for the business over the years. Hope you all have a healthy and prosperous summer.

The O'Farrell clan

Awesome post. I'll pull up your website in a bit after dinner and see what you guys have to offer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread