No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: Trapper7] #6871318
05/13/20 01:14 PM
05/13/20 01:14 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline OP
trapper
dkrug  Offline OP
trapper
D

Illinois
Trapper7
Thanks watched the trailer
Looks worth the watch
I like Lee Marvin in all his movies Westerns and Military stuff too

Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: dkrug] #6871321
05/13/20 01:21 PM
05/13/20 01:21 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I think I'd be game for a simple life style like that if I could keep from starving to death doing it. But I'd pick a little more remote place to live than the side of the road.... dont think the wife would be game for it so as long as she keeps me around ill probably have to hold off.

Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: dkrug] #6871324
05/13/20 01:26 PM
05/13/20 01:26 PM
Chandler,Indiana USA
N
Netman Offline
trapper
Netman  Offline
trapper
N

Chandler,Indiana USA
Originally Posted by dkrug
Originally Posted by HayDay
The drug issue raises a question for me. Where do these guys get the money to support their drug habit? And they still gotta eat.......or they starve to death. Where does the money come from? How can guys survive on the street for weeks, months and sometimes years on end?
z
I worked for a company that got on a roll about drug programs. The big shots flew in from Texas to emphasize the importance of it.
While they were asking for suggestions on how to improve it, I told them they already had the best solution. The guy says what's that?
I responded your pay scale, nobody that works here makes enough to do drugs.
He had no sense of humor, but his face turned red.

Brilliant!

Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: dkrug] #6871373
05/13/20 02:20 PM
05/13/20 02:20 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I had to deal with a lot of transients over the years along the I-90 corridor many have a range of issues, many live off of panhandling or aid from the local churches for meals/rooms some even beg for gas. There are people that go on vacation and it’s paid for by others every step of the way. Somewhere out there is a big pile of lost wallets that are never found as that’s the #1 excuse I always got from them.

Many have drug and alcohol issues along with mental issues some are plain nuts, have had more then one tell me they were assassins for the President with a straight face.

The one thing that tells you it’s a abuse of the kindness of others is I never received a dime back or even a offer to pay it back from any of them. Some would do the God bless this or that until you said the word no then the the words after God are not allowed on here.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: Yes sir] #6871379
05/13/20 02:23 PM
05/13/20 02:23 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Yes sir
I think I'd be game for a simple life style like that if I could keep from starving to death doing it. But I'd pick a little more remote place to live than the side of the road.... dont think the wife would be game for it so as long as she keeps me around ill probably have to hold off.

The side of the road is for attention and to pull on the heart strings on the locals mostly as camping off the road will get you little attention.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: dkrug] #6871382
05/13/20 02:25 PM
05/13/20 02:25 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
It's also right of way they can't get thrown off of.

Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: Law Dog] #6871431
05/13/20 03:11 PM
05/13/20 03:11 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline OP
trapper
dkrug  Offline OP
trapper
D

Illinois
Originally Posted by Law Dog
I had to deal with a lot of transients over the years along the I-90 corridor many have a range of issues, many live off of panhandling or aid from the local churches for meals/rooms some even beg for gas. There are people that go on vacation and it’s paid for by others every step of the way. Somewhere out there is a big pile of lost wallets that are never found as that’s the #1 excuse I always got from them.

Many have drug and alcohol issues along with mental issues some are plain nuts, have had more then one tell me they were assassins for the President with a straight face.

The one thing that tells you it’s a abuse of the kindness of others is I never received a dime back or even a offer to pay it back from any of them. Some would do the God bless this or that until you said the word no then the the words after God are not allowed on here.

I guess it's just being vulnerable with no protection is what gets to me the most. I have traveled the USA, 5 provinces of Boco land and into Mexico, but I was in a truck . It's way different being 10 feet off the ground with 400 horsepower and surrounded with a protective enclosure.
I have not been trained as an Army Ranger, Seal, or Marine in self preservation fighting techniques.
Trapperman is where I've read the threads about which gun is best for bear protection. The one that riveted my attention was about a Tman member that had the bear gab him from behind while getting his mail.
For a while in California, they had a real problem with a short fad of having to (off) a police officer to join a gang. The CHiPs were targets in their patrol cars while sitting in the medians observing traffic.
Maybe it's my imagination, but I've witnessed some pretty nasty stuff.
One night at the produce market in Chicago , the guy next to me had a scar on his arm; that looked like it had been about cut off.
I inquired the cause of it and he told me he had worked with the DEA.
Long story short, while waiting to board a plane in Columbia, a cartel member tried to cut his head off with a machete and he threw his arm up for protection.
I said" wow!, after something like that I'll bet your not afraid of anything."
He told me no " I'm more afraid of being popped at a stoplight by some young gangbanger,"

Last edited by dkrug; 05/13/20 03:31 PM. Reason: add information
Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: Law Dog] #6871478
05/13/20 03:57 PM
05/13/20 03:57 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline OP
trapper
dkrug  Offline OP
trapper
D

Illinois
Originally Posted by Law Dog

No home, no wheels, what would you use for defense ?

Re: Toughest guy I have met [Re: dkrug] #6871490
05/13/20 04:08 PM
05/13/20 04:08 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
You make it sound like they have no choice. LOL

Jerry Herbst
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread