No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875765
05/18/20 11:59 AM
05/18/20 11:59 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Well, at least you admit that it is boring, regardless of the reason.

I've already done that Hobbie. But not on the way the grocery store - on the racetrack - and in the middle of a pack of other racers who were doing the same thing, sliding all over, and struggling to keep control of their car. And my kart would pull about 2.5 times more G's in a corner than a NASCAR stocker! Fast corners definitely separate the men from the boys. But anytime you are going into a corner at 41 mph and the maximum possible corner entry speed is only 39, it will get the poop up in your neck!

I could definitely see those NASCAR stockers rotate at corner entry as they put the tires up on the slip angle. So, I know they are racing them as hard as they will go. But the heavy weight, stability, slow reactions of the cars, and the slow relative rate of movement in relation to the other cars makes for dull racing. Heck, those stock car drivers would have time to look out the window and wave to the other drivers as they go by. SNOOZE! As Al Unser, Jr. said about stock cars - "won't go, won't stop, and won't corner".

Check this out and tell me this isn't at least 50 times more exciting than a NASCAR stocker race. Robbie Stanley has the in-car camera. Unfortunately, he was killed two years later at the same track. A young Tony Stewart is in the race. I think his first ever sprint car drive was at Winchester. That's not the track where I'd want to race a sprinter for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmxbEht3-as

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875783
05/18/20 12:29 PM
05/18/20 12:29 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
Aero rules and restrictor plates are the only way to keep the cars on the ground. Without either you might as well add wings and have an air show. Even with the rules cars are going faster than ever. If you think those cars are easy to drive then hop.in one with traffic for a few laps and see what color your underwear are after that. I don't agree with everything Nascar does but I have watch racing since I was a lot younger. I have raced in several classes at local tracks and would be again this year but they are not open. Things evolve and changes are needed to keep up with the times. Even trapping has evolved. Everything does.

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: Kart29] #6875787
05/18/20 12:30 PM
05/18/20 12:30 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Kart29

I've already done that Hobbie. But not on the way the grocery store - on the racetrack - and in the middle of a pack of other racers who were doing the same thing, sliding all over, and struggling to keep control of their car. And my kart would pull about 2.5 times more G's in a corner than a NASCAR stocker! Fast corners definitely separate the men from the boys. But anytime you are going into a corner at 41 mph and the maximum possible corner entry speed is only 39, it will get the poop up in your neck!

I could definitely see those NASCAR stockers rotate at corner entry as they put the tires up on the slip angle. So, I know they are racing them as hard as they will go. But the heavy weight, stability, slow reactions of the cars, and the slow relative rate of movement in relation to the other cars makes for dull racing. Heck, those stock car drivers would have time to look out the window and wave to the other drivers as they go by. SNOOZE! As Al Unser, Jr. said about stock cars - "won't go, won't stop, and won't corner".

Check this out and tell me this isn't at least 50 times more exciting than a NASCAR stocker race. Robbie Stanley has the in-car camera. Unfortunately, he was killed two years later at the same track. A young Tony Stewart is in the race. I think his first ever sprint car drive was at Winchester. That's not the track where I'd want to race a sprinter for the first time.

That is as good a try as any I’ve seen but let me just say there are more women racing mods and sprint cars than there are racing cup cars.

Go.

-Goofy-
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875793
05/18/20 12:36 PM
05/18/20 12:36 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
tell 40 guy's,here's ten grand for the season.not a penny more for anybody.keep the same prizes though and watch em go.

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875794
05/18/20 12:37 PM
05/18/20 12:37 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Spinning a car isn’t even close to getting poop in your neck. Try taking an off ramp even at off ramp speed in a loaded dump truck with an air ride suspension. lol

-Goofy-
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875797
05/18/20 12:41 PM
05/18/20 12:41 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
put em in my skid steer for 5 hrs straight and they'd be screamin for darlington. grin

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6875837
05/18/20 01:26 PM
05/18/20 01:26 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Kart29

That is as good a try as any I’ve seen but let me just say there are more women racing mods and sprint cars than there are racing cup cars.

Go.

There's more men racing them, too. So what?

None shall take thee

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6875841
05/18/20 01:29 PM
05/18/20 01:29 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Spinning a car isn’t even close to getting poop in your neck. Try taking an off ramp even at off ramp speed in a loaded dump truck with an air ride suspension. lol

HA HA! I'll bet you're right about that!

None shall take thee

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6875843
05/18/20 01:30 PM
05/18/20 01:30 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
The stage racing was implemented for a number of reasons, one of them is to prevent the equivalent of “salary caps” on teams. Other reasons include increasing competition throughout the race and creating opportunities for underfunded teams to gain valuable points, as most stages fall in pit cycle ranges.

Similar to heat racing at local short tracks only losers don’t have to load up and go home. Instead they have an opportunity to take big swings at the adjustments to help get in the final run.

YEH RIGHT !! The whole resetting of the points was so Baby earnheart could try to win a points champs. He rode in on his daddy's rides and when he couldn't get along with step mommy he changed teams . LOOK at his record after he went to Hendricks. 2008 in tens years he only won 9 races. 4 of them came in 1 season (2014) TWO of them were rain stopped. So 5 wins in 8 years !!!! Oh boy best ever LOL...
Nascar flipped the championship format until they lost fans trying to give Jr a path to the cup.

Oh yes he won 17 races in 8 full years using Daddy's cars !! 3/4 of the drivers in nascar could have won back then with Dale SR setting up the cars and equipment

https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Dale_Earnhardt_Jr

Last edited by jbyrd63; 05/18/20 01:32 PM.
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: jbyrd63] #6875845
05/18/20 01:35 PM
05/18/20 01:35 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
The stage racing was implemented for a number of reasons, one of them is to prevent the equivalent of “salary caps” on teams. Other reasons include increasing competition throughout the race and creating opportunities for underfunded teams to gain valuable points, as most stages fall in pit cycle ranges.

Similar to heat racing at local short tracks only losers don’t have to load up and go home. Instead they have an opportunity to take big swings at the adjustments to help get in the final run.

YEH RIGHT !! The whole resetting of the points was so Baby earnheart could try to win a points champs. He rode in on his daddy's rides and when he couldn't get along with step mommy he changed teams . LOOK at his record after he went to Hendricks. 2008 in tens years he only won 9 races. 4 of them came in 1 season (2014) TWO of them were rain stopped. So 5 wins in 8 years !!!! Oh boy best ever LOL...
Nascar flipped the championship format until they lost fans trying to give Jr a path to the cup.

Oh yes he won 17 races in 8 full years using Daddy's cars !! 3/4 of the drivers in nascar could have won back then with Dale SR setting up the cars and equipment

lol

-Goofy-
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875890
05/18/20 02:07 PM
05/18/20 02:07 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Bill France Sr and Jr built NASCAR into the goose that laid the golden egg. Every race was a sell out and there was a log waiting list to even get a ticket at some tracks (Bristol). Then they started abandoning some of the regional tracks in the southeast which was their roots. They started trying to expand to major metro areas outside the south. They also started embracing the politically correct agenda as if they were ashamed of the redneck roots that built the empire. They started changing the rules and stifled the individually of the drivers. They changed the cars so they were all the same except for the name plate. They stopped supporting many of the local tracks that they had sanctioned during their growing years and where many of the drivers had gotten their start. They have lost a lot of their fan base with all the changes, especially since the passing of Bill France Jr.

The goose that laid the golden egg may not be dead yet, but it sure appears to me that the current generation of the France family is doing their best to finish it off. "Staged Racing" is a good way to describe what NASCAR has become. And it is not something that I am really interested in anymore.

If it trips your trigger, more power to ya!

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6875912
05/18/20 02:33 PM
05/18/20 02:33 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
Bill France Sr and Jr built NASCAR into the goose that laid the golden egg. Every race was a sell out and there was a log waiting list to even get a ticket at some tracks (Bristol). Then they started abandoning some of the regional tracks in the southeast which was their roots. They started trying to expand to major metro areas outside the south. They also started embracing the politically correct agenda as if they were ashamed of the redneck roots that built the empire. They started changing the rules and stifled the individually of the drivers. They changed the cars so they were all the same except for the name plate. They stopped supporting many of the local tracks that they had sanctioned during their growing years and where many of the drivers had gotten their start. They have lost a lot of their fan base with all the changes, especially since the passing of Bill France Jr.

The goose that laid the golden egg may not be dead yet, but it sure appears to me that the current generation of the France family is doing their best to finish it off. "Staged Racing" is a good way to describe what NASCAR has become. And it is not something that I am really interested in anymore.

I agree. It was much more exciting when Richard Petty and David Pearson were lapping the field and the 5th place finisher was 5 laps down. It was torture having to leave the seat for a hotdog and a Coke those 200 laps in between the first 100 and the last 100.

Bring back those days!!

-Goofy-
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6875922
05/18/20 02:40 PM
05/18/20 02:40 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Here’s a tidbit for you guys that think NASCAR all of a sudden decided to make changes for an Earnhardt.

[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: jbyrd63] #6876346
05/18/20 09:47 PM
05/18/20 09:47 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Good Lord.

Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: AJE] #6876361
05/18/20 10:03 PM
05/18/20 10:03 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Lets get back to racing. #1 One owner one car that will stop the blocking, #2 Get the spotter off the roof, #3 Only one way radios. #4 Everyone pits at the same time, You should not loose a race because a lug nut came off everyone comes in to the pit in the order they were in the lap before entering. They leave in the same order, give them a one minute stop. One lap and you are racing again. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: NASCAR staged racing [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6876457
05/18/20 11:33 PM
05/18/20 11:33 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^! NASCAR died with Earnhardt Sr. when all the midget (outlaw) car guys started coming in, races left the south, NASCAR gentlemen prized the sport, made it safe?, it got boring fast. Let them race back to the caution. Let them fight after the race. Heck, even the old 4 cylinder races at Daytona were great to watch.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread