No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP WINS SETTLEMENT IN PREDATOR MA [Re: MJM] #6884050
05/28/20 11:17 AM
05/28/20 11:17 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I think what made WS vulnerable in this court case is the use of poison. I really don't see the equivalence between poisoning an animal and trapping; other than either method can kill them.
I think that the day that trappers and exterminators are considered the same thing, then our days are over.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP WINS SETTLEMENT IN PREDATOR MA [Re: waggler] #6884133
05/28/20 01:34 PM
05/28/20 01:34 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by waggler
I have a little different take on the subject. Although I hate to see the AR's get any victory anywhere, I'm not too saddened to see this one. In States like Washington that have essentially outlawed fur trapping, WS is still allowed to use their tactics to remove predators, tactics that licensed fur trappers can't use. We have no chance of ever getting fur trapping back if there is someone (the Feds) who can step in and manage predators at the taxpayers expense.
This move by a judge just makes the job that fur trappers do for free more valuable.

Double Ditto on this!

Re: ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP WINS SETTLEMENT IN PREDATOR MA [Re: waggler] #6884159
05/28/20 02:09 PM
05/28/20 02:09 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by waggler
I think what made WS vulnerable in this court case is the use of poison. I really don't see the equivalence between poisoning an animal and trapping; other than either method can kill them.
I think that the day that trappers and exterminators are considered the same thing, then our days are over.

THANK YOU

Now if we can see our way to understanding that nuisance trapping ain't fur trapping.

But wit all the big national PCOs buying up and setting up "wildlife divisions" the day is coming when all wildlife is pest control.

[Linked Image]
Re: ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP WINS SETTLEMENT IN PREDATOR MA [Re: warrior] #6884227
05/28/20 04:29 PM
05/28/20 04:29 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by warrior
Then pay the trapper.

Why should property owners get taxpayer funded services at below cost when the private sector can provide the same service? Particularly when most of those property owners are running for profit operations on said property.

Where does the money for WS come from? What does WS charge an hour? Do they charge mileage, expenses, rooms, per diem? If so when? I have heard it ask and never seen anyone answer. You seem to know its below cost.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread