No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: new scope for ruger 10-22 [Re: keets] #6887868
06/01/20 09:23 PM
06/01/20 09:23 PM
Minnesota
Born Offline
trapper
Born  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Any thoughts on this scope? Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm

Help yourself.

Re: new scope for ruger 10-22 [Re: MChewk] #6887877
06/01/20 09:40 PM
06/01/20 09:40 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by MChewk
Always thought a good peep sight would/ should be the ticket on a 22
Anyone know if any models of the Henry rifles come with a peep?

tech sights for a 10/22 https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page13.html

https://www.tech-sights.com/ruger-products/

I like the TSR100

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: new scope for ruger 10-22 [Re: MChewk] #6887907
06/01/20 10:08 PM
06/01/20 10:08 PM
Montana
Taximan Offline
trapper
Taximan  Offline
trapper

Montana
Originally Posted by MChewk
Always thought a good peep sight would/ should be the ticket on a 22
Anyone know if any models of the Henry rifles come with a peep?

I don't know Mike, but there are quite a few peep/ ghost ring sights out there for lever actions.I have a 45/70 Marlin guide Gun and another .44 Marlin,16" bbl,with XS rear,Ghost rings and fiber optic,green front sights.They are the ticket in the woods.When I started deer hunting,with a pre-64 Winchester,m94,my Dad and I had a serious discussion about sights.He thought I needed a Leuopold EER, 2x scope,kind of a "Scout Scope" (he was paying). I had been shooting on a couple rifle teams for a few years and we used Lyman peep sights and bead fronts.

I knew what a peep sight could do and I won out.Where I hunted,you would be darned lucky to see a deer,in an opening,at 100 yds..I shot my 1st deer at 25 yds with that set up and quite a few others.Not sure if Dad ever got it,but I love those peeps in the timber.I love my scopes as well,but 200 yds and under,the peep sights rule and there is no fogging or trying to get snow or ice off the objective lense.My Marlin Guide Gun will shoot 1.5" groups,all day long,with factory ammo and an XS ghost ring sight,at 100 yds.I tried a scope to see what it could really do,but nothing changed.Sorry,Dad.I was right on this one. I love you.Thanks for the peep.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread