No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895638
06/10/20 10:27 AM
06/10/20 10:27 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
So it is easier for a white person to ignore injustice?

If so why?

I don't see any injustice. I see four apparently criminal police officers being brought up on charges and justice being pursued.

I know our justice system is a long way from perfect. And, I have observed and experienced racism and unjust discrimination against myself and others for all sorts of personal differences. It's real and there is plenty to go around. But the fact that our justice system is seeking to punish these crimes, even against the "privileged" whites and law enforcement officers, shows me an example of equality and equal protection under the law. In America, you can't do what those cops did and get away with it. Not if we find out about it.

I don't see an example of racism or injustice in this case. To the contrary, I see our justice system seeking to apply the law equally to everyone and seeking to punish those who violated the rights of a man, in this case, even a minority man. I haven't seen or heard anyone, anywhere, offering any excuse for what they saw in the George Floyd videos. To the contrary, I have seen, without exception, everyone aghast at the police actions in this case. To me, this shows that the overwhelming majority of Americans abhors the apparent abuse of another man by police - even a drugged up minority with a criminal history. So to me, this shows a relative lack of racism in America - not evidence of it being rampant.

Even this monster who appears to have killed George Floyd will receive his rights under the law. He has the right to his day in court, to have all the evidence presented and considered, to face his accusers, to be judged by a jury of his peers, and to have a fair and speedy trial. Just think, our horribly imperfect justice system is so good, it will even attempt to extend justice to a cold-hearted cop who showed no concern for the life of a citizen in his custody.

America is not perfect, but it's a great place, my friends. Even though our nation has deteriorated and is likely in its end stages, we still live in one of the most free, most just, most affluent societies that has ever existed. To find this kind of justice and tolerance anywhere else in the world is exceedingly rare. God bless America!

Maybe we should ask the question of whether or not it is harder for some people to recognize justice when it is apparent.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895644
06/10/20 10:33 AM
06/10/20 10:33 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
The future will never be the same. These “protests”, meaning riots and murders and assaults that have taken place the past few weeks have gotten an immediate response from our “leaders”. We are rewarding criminal behavior out of fear.

Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: ] #6895652
06/10/20 10:45 AM
06/10/20 10:45 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I hate seeing anybody get murdered

X2

I refuse to allow a dead hearted group of people make me think about race.
I'm not big on lazy and I believe in traditional man-woman marriage, and there are only two genders.
Other than that, race is of no consequence to me.
I've known good and bad people in all sorts of colors.

I agree with you 100%.
I'm color blind when it comes to skin. That's why I don't call black people African Americans. My ancestors were from Greece. I don't refer to myself as a Greek American. I was born in America. My mother was Greek. I'm just an American. I suppose if you were from Africa yourself, you could properly refer to yourself as an African American. Being called African American sets you apart from other Americans. That's segregation, the opposite of integration. I thought black people wanted to be treated as equals. Yet, they choose to segregate themselves in many ways.

I know some Vietnamese people living and working near me. They don't like being referred to as Vietnamese Americans. They consider themselves Americans proudly.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895681
06/10/20 11:23 AM
06/10/20 11:23 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Anyone heard from the dads of these martyrs? Me neither.

Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: DWC] #6895689
06/10/20 11:30 AM
06/10/20 11:30 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by DWC
The future will never be the same. These “protests”, meaning riots and murders and assaults that have taken place the past few weeks have gotten an immediate response from our “leaders”. We are rewarding criminal behavior out of fear.

There ya go.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: charles] #6895690
06/10/20 11:31 AM
06/10/20 11:31 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by charles
Anyone heard from the dads of these martyrs? Me neither.

Neither had the martyrs.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895697
06/10/20 11:41 AM
06/10/20 11:41 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If those whose heart is ripped out over murder are truthful with their statement, then their heart would remain torn. Murder is legal, even considered a right, with about a million legal murders occurring each year. Percentage wise a higher number of black murders performed legally and at the hands of their own mothers.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/10/20 11:43 AM.
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895699
06/10/20 11:43 AM
06/10/20 11:43 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Black on black crime is not a money generating cause. White on black or better yet, white cop on black, is a guaranteed money maker. Most of the "mourners" don't give a rip about Floyd. He is a means to an end.

Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6895712
06/10/20 11:58 AM
06/10/20 11:58 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Anyone watch the Oprah special that ran last night, Where Do We Go From Here? I watched bits and pieces. What I saw was how this has become a long overdue catalyst to bring justice to black people in the form of equal rights. When in reality what they are really looking for are special privileges.

Before the Obama administration there was no BLM or Antifa or war on police. He built that, making everything MLK accomplished obsolete.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6896234
06/10/20 10:57 PM
06/10/20 10:57 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I get worked up about dirty cops. I don't know how dirty these four cops are yet. We have to wait for justice to be served.
Race has nothing to do with it for me in this case. It wouldn't be any different in my opinion if the races were reversed. Dirty cops are dirty cops.

Re: Is Your Heart Ripped [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6896247
06/10/20 11:12 PM
06/10/20 11:12 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by 52Carl
I get worked up about dirty cops. I don't know how dirty these four cops are yet. We have to wait for justice to be served.
Race has nothing to do with it for me in this case. It wouldn't be any different in my opinion if the races were reversed. Dirty cops are dirty cops.

What was definitely dirty was the media telling the lie that 4 white cops killed an unarmed black man , when 3 of the cops were not white, to create hate.

Keith

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread