No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anarchist question [Re: Trap Setter] #6897820
06/12/20 07:07 PM
06/12/20 07:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

There are many progressives who have a hard case to argue, that man, given enough time, and resources, will achieve utopia on earth (their thesis).
He sounds like one of them.

Re: Anarchist question [Re: ] #6897821
06/12/20 07:08 PM
06/12/20 07:08 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June
I remember many moons ago during a liberal slanted philosophy course I took at the University of Michigan (it was required), one of the professors made a stand against capitalism during class and said something to the effect; "The problem with capitalism is that people are involved!"

I got to thinking afterward, "Ya, viva la revolution!"
Wait a minute.
People are involved in everything aren't they?

I should have raised my hand during class more.

Sounds more like communism. Honestly pure communism sounds fantastic.....however humans would screw it up. Capitalism helps take the human element out.

Re: Anarchist question [Re: ] #6897897
06/12/20 08:31 PM
06/12/20 08:31 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
There are many progressives who have a hard case to argue, that man, given enough time, and resources, will achieve utopia on earth (their thesis).

Progressive?! I'm anything but progressive. Anarchists are generally for FREE MARKETS (Capitalism is a word coined by Karl Marx, so I try not to use it). Our current system is anything but a free market. Government colludes with corporations to make laws keeping the little guy down. That's when they aren't overregulating and creating their own monopolies. A Constitutional Republic is a workable system if you have a population that is ethical/moral. I think it's been very evident in my lifetime that the Constitution is generally being ignored or gone around. But it's happened before that, and all three branches are responsible.

I think you should be careful making assumptions. I'm not even close to progressive. Democrats are insane, and Republicans are spineless and rarely take a stand for anything that matters (but they'll sure talk a lot about it so you'll vote for them). I voted for Cruz in the last Republican primary and voted for Darrell Castle in the main event. I have come to see the light since then. Voting doesn't really matter when the majority of the country is stuck in a binary mindset. You get a choice between bad and worse. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils, and I'm tired of government intrusion into every facet of my life. There is NO form of government that will work when the culture has rotted away this far. Good luck fixing anything by voting.

Last edited by WiscoNate; 06/12/20 08:31 PM.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Re: Anarchist question [Re: Kart29] #6897944
06/12/20 09:13 PM
06/12/20 09:13 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Kart29
I think there are many different forms of Anarchism and you really need to ask a lot of questions before you understand exactly what somebody means when they are talking about their type of Anarchism. It seems that some Anarchists are only for the complete elimination of any societal order and want to institute a condition of chaos. But those types are usually young fools.

Other types of Anarchists oppose a central government and favor order by voluntary, local participation over a central authority governing by force. I think they imagine something like the old Greek, city-states. Or, maybe like American Indian tribes and cultures before the European discovery of the "new world".

Anyway, not all Anarchists wish to see a state of total chaos. I think they just want societal order accomplished by a different means. I never bothered to think much about whether they are right or wrong, or the consequences of their beliefs. I just know that sometimes we don't fully understand what Anarchists really think until we really explore what they are talking about.

I did a research paper on Anarchism in school. Ideologies are varied, but your middle paragraph is about the closest summary to the true nature of Anarchism. It isn't a state of lawlessness where might makes right.

This country, at its inception, was about the closest thing to true Anarchism that mankind could muster.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Anarchist question [Re: WiscoNate] #6899646
06/14/20 07:33 PM
06/14/20 07:33 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by WiscoNate

Progressive?! I'm anything but progressive. Anarchists are generally for FREE MARKETS (Capitalism is a word coined by Karl Marx, so I try not to use it). Our current system is anything but a free market. Government colludes with corporations to make laws keeping the little guy down. That's when they aren't overregulating and creating their own monopolies. A Constitutional Republic is a workable system if you have a population that is ethical/moral. I think it's been very evident in my lifetime that the Constitution is generally being ignored or gone around. But it's happened before that, and all three branches are responsible.

I think you should be careful making assumptions. I'm not even close to progressive. Democrats are insane, and Republicans are spineless and rarely take a stand for anything that matters (but they'll sure talk a lot about it so you'll vote for them). I voted for Cruz in the last Republican primary and voted for Darrell Castle in the main event. I have come to see the light since then. Voting doesn't really matter when the majority of the country is stuck in a binary mindset. You get a choice between bad and worse. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils, and I'm tired of government intrusion into every facet of my life. There is NO form of government that will work when the culture has rotted away this far. Good luck fixing anything by voting.

WisCoNate,

You error in calling me out sir. I did not name you as as a progressive as I made a blanket statement about ideology. You are not the "he" of my submission, in that sense, because I was referencing the college prof in a previous post.

I have no idea what ideology you hold.
We should all remember, when viewing most online submissions, there isn't 93% of the human interaction made available to us; body language, tone of voice, and eye contact. You only get to process 7% = words.

Sorry for any confusion.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread