No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat #6926091
07/10/20 03:42 PM
07/10/20 03:42 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
One of Connecticut's infamous mayors gets bit by a dog , sues airline

Good boy !!!!
Give that dog a milk bone

Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim sues Delta Airlines over dog bite - NewsTimes
https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Bridgeport-Mayor-Joe-Ganim-sues-Delta-Airlines-15399773.php

Some info about Joe Ganim.......
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Ganim

Last edited by Cragar; 07/10/20 03:45 PM. Reason: Added link

NRA benefactor member
Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926114
07/10/20 04:15 PM
07/10/20 04:15 PM
eastern washington
B
BillyTraps Offline
trapper
BillyTraps  Offline
trapper
B

eastern washington
after reading the wiki page, the dog should be tested for rabies.

Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: BillyTraps] #6926115
07/10/20 04:16 PM
07/10/20 04:16 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by BillyTraps
after reading the wiki page, the dog should be tested for rabies.

Wow.....you just made me laugh out loud.....great wisecrack grin

NRA benefactor member
Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926125
07/10/20 04:27 PM
07/10/20 04:27 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Dogs are often excellent judges of character.

I lived in Milford, CT and West Haven, CT, near Bridgeport, CT for about 8 months, back in 1992. You had a 25% chance that your car would be stolen there annually. Bridgeport had the highest murder rate in the US at the time, about a year into Ganim's mayoral career. It was a strange area. Most of the population was Puerto Rican, Haitian or Jamaican. The Mafia controlled areas were the only safe places to go. Outside of the Mafia controlled areas your chance of being mugged or being car jacked was very high. I was 22 and frequented some of the Mafia run clubs and businesses in Bridgeport. The Gambino family owned most of them. At the Mafia owned bars and clubs, there were usually at least two heavily muscled men, with guns on both hips, outside, watching the parked vehicles and watching out for troublemakers. There were more heavily muscled men inside. I never saw a single altercation in the Mafia areas. I heard lots of interesting stories, from a well connected friend about would happen if someone robbed an old woman, hurt a child or stepped out of line. The Mafia made a terrible place livable, for most regular people.

With the defunding of the police in major cities, we are going to see much more corruption and different groups, protecting people who live in their area, often for a price.

Keith

Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: KeithC] #6926137
07/10/20 04:43 PM
07/10/20 04:43 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
KeithC , have you ever visited Father Panik village ?
Scary place , high rise housing projects. Junkies would purposely break/disable the elevators then hide in the stairways with baseball bats. If they knew you , they would let you pass , if they didn't know you , you were prey. Place was so bad they had their own police substation.
People have asked me if I carried a gun when visiting Bridgeport , I would reply no. I carried 2 guns when visiting there with extra magazines.

Glad they finally tore Father Panik village down , place was horrible.

Sad thing is many years ago there was a great industrial base there , I'm quite sure most people have heard of a Bridgeport milling machine , I also think at one time they manufactured Thompson submachine guns there too.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926182
07/10/20 05:29 PM
07/10/20 05:29 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I never went in any of the projects in Bridgeport. My connected friend and I mostly went to Ruby's. We went almost every Monday when the cover was $3.50 and there was all you could eat Italian food. He didn't pay to get in. It was dirt cheap for Connecticut. We went to a lot of Jai Alai too, mostly in Milford. My friend always knew who was going to win and we made a lot of money betting on Jai Alai.

I went to some really, huge, crazy parties in the Northwest part of Connecticut at some mansions, with another friend of mine. I met Jim Carrey at one and 2 of the Baldwin brothers, through my friend, who was their cousin. I had never heard of Baldwins at the time.

Entertainment and fishing were very good in Connecticut. I met some very nice people, but most people in that area sucked.

Keith

Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926204
07/10/20 05:59 PM
07/10/20 05:59 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The dog might need to lick his rear to get the taste of politician out of his mouth.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926249
07/10/20 06:40 PM
07/10/20 06:40 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Dibs on one of that dogs puppies!

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Good dog !!!!! Deserves a treat [Re: Cragar] #6926288
07/10/20 07:13 PM
07/10/20 07:13 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
You can't fool kids or dogs. If you are up to no good, they will know. I have personally witnessed it many times.

Good dog for sure, needs a big ol piece of raw beef steak.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread