No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: white17] #6930796
07/15/20 04:38 PM
07/15/20 04:38 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by white17
Now I understand you. I can email PM' threads to myself easily but the email function on the forum does not work for me

For me Either

...And its not going to Spam if anyone is wondering

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: cohunt] #6930802
07/15/20 04:50 PM
07/15/20 04:50 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
For the techie folks who may actually be interested, I had a late interaction with a young sharp person at my provider who just could not let this go. The second fellow who worked on the problem for about 2 hours had discovered about 10(a small fraction of those sent) posts that I had originally selected from tman threads and sent (ostensibly) to my email address to either store(how to change the muffler on your XYZ sewing machine) or to again send on to some non-tman person whom I thought might be interested had instead been classified as spam. He had released those posts from provider purgatory and sent them on to my email page(and he then wrote an exception for that address so no more posts from that address would be classified as spam).. The last young man could see all that work but as he and I discussed what had happened, I snarled something like "but they still are not on my email page". He replied but they have to be, looked and saw they were not and I could hear the light bulb click on in his brain. He stated"blacklist filter". I had never heard of a blacklist filter but i had somehow apparently created one when I was cleaning my emails out to free up space. On my email page there is a row of buttons from the left with delete, blacklist and whitelist the first three buttons. I must have fat fingered the blacklist button with my left hand, right clicked my mouse with my right hand and then deleted an email post from tman to have created the blacklist filter which then deleted any incoming email that had originated from the same address as the one that I had deleted which basically included all tman incoming emails, including notifications, private messages etc. If I was suspicious i would blame it on someone who did not want me reading and storing the posts but I am quite certain that I accomplished it all by myself. To remove the filter took him just seconds AND NOW ALL WORKS AGAIN AS IT USED TO!

Last edited by cohunt; 07/15/20 05:04 PM.
Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: cohunt] #6930805
07/15/20 04:53 PM
07/15/20 04:53 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Email posts or entire threads works fine for me IF I type in a valid email address in the box indicated by the black arrow in Paul's screenshot post.

As stated in a previous post, if you leave that box blank, there is no email sent but there is no error message about the missing email address either.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: cohunt] #6930816
07/15/20 05:10 PM
07/15/20 05:10 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
The email post button is not sending them.

Not in spam either

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: cohunt] #6930834
07/15/20 05:27 PM
07/15/20 05:27 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
The short message from my experience is that I thought that the email post was not sending the selected post BUT it was working just fine and a blacklist filter was deleting them at my computer just before they were to appear on my email page. Not in spam, and no record that they had ever been sent. Just deleted.

Last edited by cohunt; 07/15/20 05:28 PM.
Re: Some problems with the pm system [Re: cohunt] #6931090
07/15/20 09:46 PM
07/15/20 09:46 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Thanks for letting us know. I never would have guessed that was possible