No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Goodyear [Re: BandB] #6968826
08/19/20 09:32 PM
08/19/20 09:32 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by BandB
Blue Lives Matter. All Lives Matter. MAGA. All have been declared racist and offensive. They don't follow the narrative of social justice or equality. I would have to assume that these would not be allowed per Goodyear's policy.

This^^^ is exactly what Goodyear's statement said. They didnt retract anything. Talk about double talk....Goodyear represenative wants it both ways. Are they that dumb?

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 08/19/20 09:59 PM. Reason: More info

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Goodyear [Re: bblwi] #6968827
08/19/20 09:33 PM
08/19/20 09:33 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by bblwi
Ban an American company with a nearly 2k employees just at the head quarters. That is real progress on getting more manufacturing jobs back in the US. Stuff like that swings a swing state.

Bryce

I'll go out of my way to NOT buy Goodyear. Enough is enough!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Goodyear [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6968835
08/19/20 09:39 PM
08/19/20 09:39 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by bblwi
Ban an American company with a nearly 2k employees just at the head quarters. That is real progress on getting more manufacturing jobs back in the US. Stuff like that swings a swing state.

Bryce

I'll go out of my way to NOT buy Goodyear. Enough is enough!

X2

There are American companies and then there are anti-american companies .....both in the USA

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6968852
08/19/20 09:57 PM
08/19/20 09:57 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
How many employees are in other countries? -- I don't know honestly

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6968874
08/19/20 10:37 PM
08/19/20 10:37 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I'm truly running out of places to shop and having trouble remembering what product to boycott any more ther are getting to be so many.

Re: Goodyear [Re: Providence Farm] #6968931
08/20/20 12:03 AM
08/20/20 12:03 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I'm truly running out of places to shop and having trouble remembering what product to boycott any more ther are getting to be so many.

X2

We need an updated list

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969063
08/20/20 08:10 AM
08/20/20 08:10 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
I think it is just as important to reward a company for changing their policies in your favor as it is to punish them when they adopt policies contrary to your interests. Gillette for example, who have dumped their aggressively anti-male CEO after major losses, should now be rewarded with your business. This confirms the cause and effect of their actions and encourages companies to have policies that match your interests.

On the other hand, Levi Strauss, Goodyear, and Dicks is still on the "don't patronize" list.

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969130
08/20/20 09:54 AM
08/20/20 09:54 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Truly stupid of them to pick a side.

Hope they pay the price.

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969272
08/20/20 02:56 PM
08/20/20 02:56 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

Mean As Nails
Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969398
08/20/20 07:00 PM
08/20/20 07:00 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
For over 40 years I have bought Cooper tires.Made in the USA and very happy with my choice.

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969404
08/20/20 07:07 PM
08/20/20 07:07 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Since BLM is now an obviously political organization, why hasn't Goodyear banned their apparel?

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969462
08/20/20 08:14 PM
08/20/20 08:14 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Nightly news says Goodyear stock down 6%. grin

They are back peddling , but it's too late

Re: Goodyear [Re: Providence Farm] #6969477
08/20/20 08:22 PM
08/20/20 08:22 PM
NW Wisconsin
M
Muskrat Love Offline
trapper
Muskrat Love  Offline
trapper
M

NW Wisconsin

Providence Farm... I know your pain..... . I'm checking the DC CraigsList for those bulletproof Goodyears on that big black Cadillac he's always carted around in, as I'm sure he'll replace them!

"I'm an old dog, and these are all new tricks!"
Re: Goodyear [Re: EdP] #6969538
08/20/20 09:14 PM
08/20/20 09:14 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by EdP
I think it is just as important to reward a company for changing their policies in your favor as it is to punish them when they adopt policies contrary to your interests. Gillette for example, who have dumped their aggressively anti-male CEO after major losses, should now be rewarded with your business. This confirms the cause and effect of their actions and encourages companies to have policies that match your interests.

On the other hand, Levi Strauss, Goodyear, and Dicks is still on the "don't patronize" list.

To late I already threw all my Gillett products out and switched to harry's. Works well has a single blade on the back for detailed trimming and the blades are cheaper. Never going back.

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969629
08/20/20 10:21 PM
08/20/20 10:21 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama

Last edited by BandB; 08/20/20 10:22 PM.
Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969862
08/21/20 09:41 AM
08/21/20 09:41 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
The Police Tribune

Sandy Malone 16 hours ago

Goodyear Walks Back Blue Lives Matter Ban After New Leaked Audio Further Embarrasses Company

Topeka, KS – The morning after leaked audio from a training session at the Topeka Goodyear plant confirmed the company’s “zero tolerance” policy banning “Blue Lives Matter” apparel, Goodyear changed its tune and announced employees could wear pro-police clothing in its facilities.

The Police Tribune reached out to Goodyear on Thursday for comment on the newly-leaked audio of the training and received a letter to customers from Goodyear CEO Rich Kramer.

“By now, you are aware of a visual from our Topeka factory that has been circulating in the media, and I want to personally clear the record on what you are seeing and hearing,” Kramer wrote.

“The slide in question was created by a plant employee to try to explain what is acceptable to wear in the workplace,” he explained. “The slide was not approved or distributed by Goodyear Corporate or anyone outside of that facility. I deeply regret the impression it has created and want to clarify Goodyear’s position.”

“First, to be clear, Goodyear does not endorse any political organization, party or candidate,” Goodyear’s top executive continued. “We have a longstanding corporate policy that asks associates to refrain from workplace expressions in support of any candidate or political party.”

“Second, Goodyear strongly supports our law enforcement partners and deeply appreciates all they do to put their lives on the line each and every day for our communities,” he wrote. “We have proudly supplied tires to police and fire personnel for more than 100 years and that relationship is foundational to our company.”

“We have clarified our policy to make it clear associates can express support for law enforcement through apparel at Goodyear facilities,” Kramer wrote, reversing the edict laid out in both the leaked slide and the leaked audio.

On Wednesday, Goodyear denied that the leaked training slide was a part of company-sponsored training in a statement posted to social media on Wednesday in response to backlash.

But a recording of the training session at the Topeka plant that was leaked on Wednesday night painted a very different picture from Goodyear’s official statement.

“Some people may wish to express their views on social justice or inequity or equity issues such as black lives matter or LGBTQ pride on their face coverings, shirts or wristbands. That will be deemed approved because it applies with a zero-tolerance stance,” the man lectured employees in the recording. “However if any associate wears all, blue, or white lives matter shirts or face coverings then that will be not appropriate.”

The supervisor clarified that the guidelines were rules.

“Let’s try and comply with these so that way everybody feels good in this factory,” he continued in the leaded audio. “I want to make sure guys, think about what we do in this factory, right? We all work together to make tires. That’s what we do. That’s what we get paid to do. So, let’s continue to do that and do the right thing and keep this place what it has always been, a good place to work.”

The slide that was initially shared to social media by an employee earlier in the week showed lists of what is, and what is not, considered acceptable messaging under the Goodyear “zero tolerance” policy, WIBW reported.

The list of “Acceptable” included “Black Lives Matter” and “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT).”

The list of “Unacceptable” included “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter,” “MAGA Attire,” and “Political Affiliated Slogans or Materials,” WIBW reported.

The employee who posted the slide said that it was shared during diversity training at Goodyear’s Topeka plant, but that it originated in the company’s headquarters in Akron, Ohio.

“If someone wants to wear a BLM shirt in here, then cool. I’m not going to get offended about it,” the employee told WIBW. “But at the same time, if someone’s not going to be able to wear something that is politically-based, even in the farthest stretch of the imagination, that’s discriminatory.”

The employee asked to remain anonymous out of fear they would be terminated for releasing the controversial corporate materials to the public.

Goodyear sent a statement to The Police Tribune on Tuesday night that defended the training materials and did nothing to quell the rising outrage as images of the company’s “zero tolerance” policy went viral.

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork,” Goodyear spokeswoman Melissa Monaco wrote in an email.

“As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues,” Monaco wrote.

Goodyear’s stance did not address that Black Lives Matter is a political organization and pushes for changes which are often unrelated to equity issues, including defunding law enforcement.

“As a supplier of tires to police, fire, and other law enforcement departments across the U.S., Goodyear remains steadfastly in support of federal, state and local law enforcement,” the Goodyear statement continued. “We value our partnerships with law enforcement around the country, appreciate the work they do on behalf of our shared communities, and look forward to continuing those relationships for years to come.”

Then the tire company posted the statement to add “context” in response to the backlash on social media.

“First, the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class,” Goodyear clarified.

However, they did not immediately explain who created the materials, who distributed them, or why they were shown to employees at the Topeka plant.

The company’s statement then went on to claim that Goodyear does in fact support law enforcement despite the obvious messages to the contrary in the “zero tolerance” policy.

“Goodyear has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so,” the statement read. “These are not mutually exclusive.”

Black Lives Matter is actively pushing to defund police and has demonstrated an anti-police stance, not simple anti-police brutality.

“We have heard from some of you that [you] believe Goodyear is anti-police after reacting to the visual,” the company continued. “Nothing could be further from the truth, and we have the utmost appreciation for the work police do on behalf of our shared communities. This can’t be said strongly enough.”

But the company did not walk back its ban on “Blue Lives Matter” until after the mounting wave of viral anti-Goodyear sentiment started to affect its stock price.

President Donald Trump also called for a boycott of the tire company because the policy banned MAGA gear.

The company has not walked back the ban on political attire.

Eh...wot?

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969876
08/21/20 09:57 AM
08/21/20 09:57 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Blue Lives Matter. All Lives Matter. MAGA. All have been declared racist and offensive

All stated as such by the MOST racist and non complying group out there, the Democratic/Communist party.

This is other one of their propaganda presentations.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6969923
08/21/20 10:57 AM
08/21/20 10:57 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
[Linked Image]

Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6970370
08/21/20 09:41 PM
08/21/20 09:41 PM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
too late, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: Goodyear [Re: Trap Setter] #6970569
08/22/20 07:31 AM
08/22/20 07:31 AM
lincoln co mo
jonesy Offline
trapper
jonesy  Offline
trapper

lincoln co mo
eat rubber rich kramer